[Skyrim SE] Porting a mod from LE to SSE

Arthmoor

Arthmoor, regarding to the discussion made over the chat in the last saturday about ESP/ESM, here my conclusions:

There is something you may need to know about ESM file and Skyrim Engine SE behavior:

Quests with "Start-Game Enabled" flag will always run even if your aliases are not optional and result NONE.

After a long study I found clues on the culprit alias, so I make him "optional". Now all the aliases are filled but this one is NONE.

The alias is supposed to point to a static object (STAT) which had an unique LocRefType and then found via quest "match conditions" method.

When you use ESP file it's ok but not in ESM. So never use static objects (STAT) such rugs, tables, walls for LocRefType assignment because all the static objects are "temporary".

FYI the static object was a rug. I added a xMarker above that rug and then assigned the LocRefType. Everything works fine because the xMarker became a "permanent" object.

And yes, xMarker is a STAT too however it have Marker flag, prolly this makes the difference.

Hi , I don't know you but I am experiencing a constant crash every time Iget back to a quest and I want to edit, as soon as I select the dialogues tab, any of the lines, the CK crashes.

Any ideas of that and if it will ever be fixed?

@Prometheus : I experienced the exact same issue in Oblivion Construction Set, without any warning. A quick Google search led me to plug a microphone in the dedicated audio input and it fixed the issue. I highly doubt this is the same issue but you never know, maybe it's worth trying...  :shrug:

Absolutely no issue on the SSE CK on my side, though... Do you have any external dx9/dx11 dll/wrapper in your CK exe folder ? (reshade, enb beta, sweetfx, and so on...)

Or I should do something like :

1. Run "cmd" as an administrator.

1.bis Type "F:".

2. Type "cd F:\Giochi\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition".

3. Hit return.

4. Then type "regsvr64 flowchartx64.dll".

5. Hit return.

?

may be doing .....

cd \windows\syswow64  , regsvr32 F:\Giochi\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\flowchartx64.dll     ??

Ok I tried all different combo and this seems the only one accepted, but is not working ...

a29c04b6b4db6e1d377e23d010055fe2.png

Getting this error:

b4745daad740be4ba08d0b328ab4b6aa.png

Wich says the module flowchartx64.dll was loaded but the call to dllregisterserver was not fullfilled. code error ....

Tried then to run as adminandand This worked :

50393f4744bbdce60d3a45dc14217d0a.png

Testing now in CK if it solves the issue.

Ok after testing that dll thing, it didn't work , the CK still crashes!

Run Cretion Kit as Administrator.

Heya, gonna take a stab at converting my mods to SSE.  Trying to find info on how to convert a mod that has a standard edition mod (USLEEP) as it's master.  Do I need to do the ctrl+D thing in the old CK to remove USLEEP as the master, and add the new Unoficial SSE Patch as a master?

Thx!

Edit:  Nevermind...I think I figured it out in Xedit

I don't really understand what is going on.  I'm trying to convert one of my mods to SSE.  The ESP was easy to deal with, simply saved in CK and checked for wild edits in xEdit.  The BSA on the other hand, I had to extract all the files and remove the old BSA before the game would even start up.  Loose files, it worked.  But the mod requires them to be in a BSA so that users can override them as desired.  I go to pack up the archive and it wants to put all my textures in a separate BSA.  Now, the game launches but none of the textures show up at all.

How does one get both the texture BSA and the main BSA to load?  Or is it possible to have it all in one BSA file?

For what it is worth, I won't be making a console variant of this mod.  It is a mod which provides alternate mesh and texture paths for the player character's body thus allowing the player to have a body that is different from all the NPCs

Those instructions were confusing cause of all the extra console related stuff.  Anyway, it sounds like I had done most of it.  

Took a stab in the dark and added the textures bsa to the sResourceArchiveList2= in Skyrim.ini  This allowed it to load in game.  I foresee complications arising if this is a necessary step for many mods.  Maybe Bethesda has a way of dealing with it for console users, but PC users who can get mods from anywhere... it could end up being a nightmare.

The question is:  What is the proper method to get the textures bsa to load in game?