[Skyrim SE] Porting a mod from LE to SSE

Arthmoor

Do we need to include seq file for mods with quests marked as "start game enabled"? Or generate a new one?

I ported Notice Board to SSE and I had to regenerate SEQ file because the old one didn't worked for me.

For the record: Launching the beth.net launcher is enough to download the new ck? It told me there was an update to bethesda.net and it needs to restart the launcher. It never mentioned anything about the ck. Do i have the update already or do i need to activate that somewhere els?

For the record: Launching the beth.net launcher is enough to download the new ck? It told me there was an update to bethesda.net and it needs to restart the launcher. It never mentioned anything about the ck. Do i have the update already or do i need to activate that somewhere els?

It happen to me, after restarting i click on SkyrimSE ScreationKit and under options i checked for updates and launched the CK. Load the CK and try the Render Window, if you don't get a black screen it means update did went through.

Do we need to include seq file for mods with quests marked as "start game enabled"? Or generate a new one?

In general, yes. It doesn't cost anything to add it in here anyway. In practice, "dummy" quest only used to run scripts globally usually work out of the box, though this isn't a 100% hit, so better safe than sorry. It is critical do include them as soon as you start putting stages and dialogues or the quest will just completely bug.

Does anyone know how to force an .INI file into BSA archive. It keeps coming up blank.

I usually see people add them loose along the esp and bsa, inside bsa they might not even work.

If I only use NMM and sort with LOOT, I should be fine, right... at least it seems to be fine...

Also, packing stuff into the new .BSA format and running it with a empty plugin:

Is it fine to just create an empty plugin in SSEEdit or do I have to use CK for that?

How to deal with oad order? A lot of quests don't work if aren't top level in load order, at least this is for my own quest mod, if is not top level the dialogues do not start and stuff like that.

When preparing mods to upload to BethNet, how do we deal with multiple supported languages? Since it seems to be "one tile, one file", do I have to upload one version of my mod for each language I want to support?

I am thinking specifically of Book Covers Skyrim SE with EN, DE, ES, FR, IT, PO and RU... in Original and Desaturated. That is one heck of a lot of uploading for a single mod! I see there are no filters for Language at all. From reading comments I see plenty of "I used mod ABC and all my in-game text changed to English" so there is definitely a need for translations.

From my own stats, I see Desaturated BCS downloaded 4:1 over Original and 90% of my users are playing in English.

I was considering uploading four files - English only, Desat and Original for both PC and XBox, pointing the PC players back to the Nexus if they want to pick up the mod in other languages and simply giving permission for XBoxers to re-upload translations or subsets (if they find the 750Mb too much to swallow). Sound reasonable?

You can always try to set yourself up as a localized file but that's only as good as the translations you can get. Any language someone tries to play on that isn't supported will probably crash the game if they haven't fixed that bug. It's part of why we stopped distributing language files with the unofficial patches. Someone would always end up on a language not supported by the original game and that we had no translators for.

The string files you'd generate aren't terribly big and they'd be included with your BSA file. So one upload would work out of the box for as many languages as that version could get support for. Obviously this would never work for PS4 since those string files are external assets.

Hmm... I think I will upload the two English versions and direct PC folks to the Nexus for the other languages. I don't have to worry about PS4 with BCS anyway.

Updated OP with info about decal flags on meshes and new information about unsupported texture formats.

Is there a limit to upload size for pc mods in bethsda.net?  Tried twice to uplaod my 4 gig mod but it shows 0k and never updates.  the exact mod size is : 3.87 gigs or (4,155,879,459 bytes)

Not that I'm aware of. Their system just takes ages to process stuff the larger the mod is.

Thanks for update, looks like I was right about textures and DX11 format.. After properly converting them I don't have any CTD's also in FO4 on Windows 10 fully updated.

Not that I'm aware of. Their system just takes ages to process stuff the larger the mod is.

After two days, still 0k .  so today i optimzied textures to the max and uploaded a 2.7 gig version instead of the 4 gig version and still no go.  Shows 0k.  will leave alone and not pulish it yet to see if if changes.

Maybe if you gt a chance to whisper in Bethesdas ear you can mention that biiger uplaods are not registering?

After two days, still 0k .  so today i optimzied textures to the max and uploaded a 2.7 gig version instead of the 4 gig version and still no go.  Shows 0k.  will leave alone and not pulish it yet to see if if changes.

Maybe if you gt a chance to whisper in Bethesdas ear you can mention that biiger uplaods are not registering?

Can't you just split it into several smaller mods? No need to pack everything in a single mod/archive.

Textures originally saved in either the A1R5G5B5 format or the B5G6R5 format must be resaved in A8R8G8B8, R8G8B8, or an equivalent compressed format like BC7 or BC5 (DXT5).

Minor correction.  DXT5 is BC3, and DXT1 is BC1.  BC5 is ATI2/3Dc in old nomenclature and is generally for normal maps and it contains only 2 channels (X/Y).   However Skyrim can't use BC5 because the normals need to have an alpha channel for specular, and the model space normals have to remain 3 channel.