[Skyrim SE] Porting a mod from LE to SSE

Arthmoor

Well, I gave up on fixing the orange EditorMarker blocks appearing in-game on the XBox One. My fixes didn't work...or I couldn't get reliable feedback...hard to say. I'll have to wait and see if Arthmoor can ever come up with a fix since the USSEP is hit with this too (lumbermill, maybe other places?). For now, I just deleted the 9 meshes in SMIM that use EditorMarkers, which is a shame since the 3D pull chains are now 2D again.

Well, I gave up on fixing the orange EditorMarker blocks appearing in-game on the XBox One. My fixes didn't work...or I couldn't get reliable feedback...hard to say. I'll have to wait and see if Arthmoor can ever come up with a fix since the USSEP is hit with this too (lumbermill, maybe other places?). For now, I just deleted the 9 meshes in SMIM that use EditorMarkers, which is a shame since the 3D pull chains are now 2D again.

Something I was thinking about. AFAIK only users who have a mod that "fixes" a mesh with an EditorMarker have the orange mesh problem right? Could this possibly be an issue of the node type? I believe all the vanilla assets were re-exported to the new BSTriShape and the "fixed" meshes are still in the old legacy NiTriShape right?

No luck with USSEP on the lumber mills either. XB1 users are still saying the problem exists. I am now convinced that editor markers in general are somehow broken on XBox.

People have reported doors in Castle Volkihar with the same kind of issue, and we never touched those. No mesh is even in the USSEP for it. The only place those would appear would be in Beth's own files.

Something I was thinking about. AFAIK only users who have a mod that "fixes" a mesh with an EditorMarker have the orange mesh problem right? Could this possibly be an issue of the node type? I believe all the vanilla assets were re-exported to the new BSTriShape and the "fixed" meshes are still in the old legacy NiTriShape right?

A good thought. But I already tried that. I used the SE meshes and just copied over my NiTriShape blocks for the mesh data I edited. So the EditorMarker blocks were untouched, remaining as the new BSTriShapes. One user did claim it got fixed once...but then he said he restarted Skyrim and they were back...reliable report? Who can say.

So yeah...for now...the XBox version is obviously bugged since the EditorMarkers should never render...blah.

No luck with USSEP on the lumber mills either. XB1 users are still saying the problem exists. I am now convinced that editor markers in general are somehow broken on XBox.

People have reported doors in Castle Volkihar with the same kind of issue, and we never touched those. No mesh is even in the USSEP for it. The only place those would appear would be in Beth's own files.

Fixed the orange patch showing up at lumber mills due to some kind of change in how editor markers work in SSE. (meshes\furniture\clutter\milllogpile.nif)

How'd you fix that Arthmoor?! And I assume you mean just on XB1 version? No orange markers appeared on PC ever, right?

When I said no luck, that was in reference to 4.0.2. It didn't help. XB1 users say the problem is still there.

How'd you fix that Arthmoor?! And I assume you mean just on XB1 version? No orange markers appeared on PC ever, right?

Consoles simply don't understand the "Has Editor Marker" flag in BSX and render all shapes, at least it seems so.

So just delete marker shapes from meshes before uploading on consoles, then switch back to normal ones for PC. And do that switching each time until Bethwsda fix that. Inconvinient, but that's all we can do for now.

USSEP can also do that with vanilla meshes having rendered markers like those volk gates. It is a bug, yes, but it can be fixed by modders :evil:

Sorry I had my Waves mod removed because on Xbox1 People were seeing from distance a blue patch over waves, something not present in pc version . Has this anything to do with that?

@Prometheus : Since your mod is a single esp there's absolutely no valid reason for it to 'harm' the rendering engine... However, an interesting thing would be to port it to PS4 and see how Sony's hardware supports it.

Since XBox is getting render glitches with editor markers on official content, there's no sense in butchering meshes for their sake. Let it be a constant reminder for Bethesda to actually fix it :P

Could someone help me with a little texture problem I have?

I'm currently porting RS Children to SSE (yes, I do have permission to do that) and mostly, I've got everything to work.

But under certain lighting conditions, some of the children's heads become shiny (example). Probably a problem with the normal or specular maps, but I seem to be too stupid figure it out myself...

I'm currently porting RS Children to SSE (yes, I do have permission to do that) and mostly, I've got everything to work.

But under certain lighting conditions, some of the children's heads become shiny (example). Probably a problem with the normal or specular maps, but I seem to be too stupid figure it out myself...

Yes, probably the specular (_sk) map. Try making it plain black and see if it fix it. Maybe there is a way to get a better result, but this trick worked in Oldrim to completley get rid off this weird issue.

That actually was the first thing I did, as I knew this was the case for Oldrim, but no dice. Probably should have mentioned that in my first post^^

Odd thing is, it just happens with some children, while others are just fine.

edit: Nvm, found the problem. The old fecegeom nifs tried to load a non-existent _s.dds.

@Prometheus : Since your mod is a single esp there's absolutely no valid reason for it to 'harm' the rendering engine... However, an interesting thing would be to port it to PS4 and see how Sony's hardware supports it.

No , The single esp version is only the one for Console PS4 , for Xbox I uploaded the same as thePC version that featured modded waves with new textures, but they work on PC but not on Xbox , in Xbox people saw blue boxes over them when distant .

Consoles simply don't understand the "Has Editor Marker" flag in BSX and render all shapes, at least it seems so.

So just delete marker shapes from meshes before uploading on consoles, then switch back to normal ones for PC. And do that switching each time until Bethwsda fix that. Inconvinient, but that's all we can do for now.

USSEP can also do that with vanilla meshes having rendered markers like those volk gates. It is a bug, yes, but it can be fixed by modders :evil:

@zilav: get ready for your mind to be blown, but I did exactly what you said. I totally and completely deleted the EditorMarker Blocks from the meshes. ... and XB1 users still said they saw the Orange markers in-game!! I asked them to be totally 100% sure SMIM was loading last, and be totally sure they downloaded the right update, and to restart their game, and to wipe their mod content. And after all that, they still claim the Orange markers would show up...even with my SMIM meshes having DELETED the markers.

Does this make any sense?!

Since XBox is getting render glitches with editor markers on official content, there's no sense in butchering meshes for their sake. Let it be a constant reminder for Bethesda to actually fix it :P

Word, my man, word.

They are, yes. You'll also still need to make them with xEdit, but if you have one from Classic it'll still work just fine.

They are, yes. You'll also still need to make them with xEdit, but if you have one from Classic it'll still work just fine.

How do you make one in SSEEdit? New CK takes takes more than the old one to load, it takes even more time to create a SEQ file.

I ended up with this issue using a high Rez head  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58989/?   Not that I know what I'm doing but I did try to make Elven ears and follow the steps stated in this thread but it failed. This is the head I have at present and indoors it looks fine but under sunlight it has the same shine your getting

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kx00swiibyyymw/FemaleHead.nif?dl=0  not sure if it's the nif settings,  poly count or textures, like I say I'm a novice and maybe should not be here with all you learned experts <smile>

Edit I was /am after a Shannara elf ear style  not sure I should post pic links in here I just googled "Shannara elf ear"  would still like to get a head that has  such an ear

Actually I had to redo the SEQ file with the new SSEEdit. The classic one didn't worked on my quests with flag Start Game Enabled.

My file is the Notice Board and it's an ESP at the moment.

I think SEQ needs investigation but a good idea is to simply redo the SEQ files for SE.