[Skyrim SE] Porting a mod from LE to SSE

Arthmoor

Once you've saved it, check through your worldspace edits with SSEEdit and make sure the water height and flow data match what Update.esm wants.

Thank you once again, my mod is finally fixed of this nasty water issue. You save me for the 10th time.

I got a new issue with an Race mod with Followers that i am trying to port from original skyrim, and every time i load on the New CK and try to save it, it crashes. I have no clue what is causing this, does anyone has an idea? could it be the Esp is completely corrupted? or it is the textures or meshes? my race uses custom bodies such as Caliente Body and UNP with some custom hairstyles lying around nexus as modders resource.

The CK also crashes every time i want to preview any model such as body, head or even hairtsyle. So this leads me to believe the meshes is at fault. I tried to run SkyrimSE with the mod enabled but without the loose files inside Data in order to see if it would load, but it did not since it crashed as soon as i tried to select my race using console command racemenu. So what the hell? 

Hi everybody.

I'm experiencing some little issues with conversion of Gray Cowl of Nocturnal to SSE.

The first one was the shininess of the desertic terrain.

I remember that alpha channels of normal maps of terrain texture was never used on the previous Skyrim. Now yes.

To avoid shiny terrains be sure to make (or add) dark alpha channels.

Some static nifs are invisible. I have a whole dungeon made by my own assets which is unseen but collisions works.

I want to share you one of the assists to check what is the main issue because it's structurally similar to all other that are working properly.

Here the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7um21nm65sszzb/manny_gf_d3_roundroom01.nif?dl=0

(registration on DropBox is not necessary)

Shader Particles Geometry

It seems that CK messes the SPG. I had trouble converting my Supreme Storms. When you save your ESP the particles disappear.

I checked with SSEEdit and it seems that CK adds more infos with apparent non-sense. I used SSEEdit to edit SPG.

What I need at the moment is to know how to fix static nifs.

Thanks.

@MannyGT

I recommend you use NifScan to diagnose all NIF.

manny_gf_d3_roundroom01.nif
    Block [1]: Mesh doesn't use SLSF1_External_Emittance but has BSXFlags with bit 9 set.

When generating FaceGen Data in the old CK, it would save the meshes and textures in folders named for each master file, the new CK appears to just put them in a folder named after the plugin (even though they're all overrides). I looked in the USSEP archive and you obviously got it to work properly Arthmoor. Am I missing something obvious?

Convert meshes to SSE format first.

Ok, i am extremely nooby regarding Meshes... is there a step by step way to do this? i also notice some of the textures i am using are crashing the CK when trying to preview them, is new engine using different compression method apart from DXT1, DXT3 and DXT5? Arthmoor fist main Post seems to suggest they should work as long as they're DDS files, but i am not using any TGA's and even the ones crashing the CK are DDS files.

About scripts file, I'm having this with SE:

- Compiled are in data\scripts\

- Sources are in data\source\scripts\

Previously was

- Compiled in data\scripts\

- Sources in data\scripts\source\

Anyone can confirm this?

Confirmed, but if you're nostalgic about the 'old style' (such as me) you can change this. Just edit your CreationKit.ini file like this in the [Papyrus] section :

[Papyrus]

sScriptSourceFolder = "Data\Scripts\Source"
sScriptCompiledFolder = "Data\Scripts\"
sCompilerFolder = "Papyrus Compiler\"
bPerforceEnabled = 0
iMinMemoryPageSize = 128
iMaxMemoryPageSize = 512

And of course don't forget to move your scripts source to the proper new folder.

Ok, i am extremely nooby regarding Meshes... is there a step by step way to do this? i also notice some of the textures i am using are crashing the CK when trying to preview them, is new engine using different compression method apart from DXT1, DXT3 and DXT5? Arthmoor fist main Post seems to suggest they should work as long as they're DDS files, but i am not using any TGA's and even the ones crashing the CK are DDS files.

I doubt it's a texture issue. Read the first post about skinned meshes and how to fix them, sounds like a race mod would have a lot of them.

So for body and head textures and normals saving as DXT5 should be ok? i will try to get some knowledge regarding Meshes, i tried to re-read the first post regarding meshes but it is not clear to me what Arthmoor says regarding strips and triangles and how to know if my mods should apply the trick he suggested.

Yes, DXT5 is perfectly ok. I would suggest to run all the skinned meshes through the process, just to be sure.

Yes, DXT5 is perfectly ok. I would suggest to run all the skinned meshes through the process, just to be sure.

Ok, it's going to be a massive job but will do, Thank you.

This is what happens to Shader Particles Geometry, even if you create a new one or edit a vanilla one.

http://imgur.com/a/s8HNk

On the right you can see an untouched SGP and on the left my own SGP.

It seems it add many "unknow" properties.

Actually, this is even worse. We're updating Vivid Weathers. Turns out that for some reason SPGD records make the plugin's size explose, somehow the number of data is increased when you resave the plugin.

The original updated plugin was 1.6MB. After several reloading while working on unrelated stuffs (config), the plugin was 36MB. I tested: Just reloading this 36MBin the CK and re-saving turned it into a 70MB. Oooh Bethesda...

I had to redone my Supreme Storms SPG via SSEEdit :(

Yeah, that sux bad. What we (Manga actually) ended up doing was to keep SPG in an additional plugin for development.

Form version 44 for SPGD uses Fallout 4 format. I guess that what has happened is Beth ported that change into new x64 CK (along with other new stuff like LENS record which also has exactly the same format as in Fallout 4) but forgot to update the game itself to read it.

I am having some reports that saving ck if u edited any exterior cell even without touching water at all seems to rever the water shader to old ?

I am not sure of this but I am getting some reports about this on my mods .

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/518/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrimspecialedition%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D518%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D4992490&pUp=1

Also Could someone give a look at this thread? http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4692-nif-file-issues-for-se/ Seems to me that exporting from max with the usual settings no nlonger works in Skyrim se , I have applied all the sugested tricks and even the import in body tool but nothing worked ... If this is the case then perhaps there is a big problem on future skinned works ?

I am having some reports that saving ck if u edited any exterior cell even without touching water at all seems to rever the water shader to old ?

I am not sure of this but I am getting some reports about this on my mods .

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/518/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrimspecialedition%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D518%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D4992490&pUp=1

I had a report about this with my Lanterns of Skyrim for SE. SSEEdit reports no conflicts but water near Riverwood are reverted to standard Skyrim.