[Skyrim SE] Porting a mod from LE to SSE

Arthmoor

If nothing else pops-up in the meantime I will write and share instructions for how to use LODGen.exe to convert simple! static meshes from one format to another.

Once I updated it for SSE I will use its "secret" options to convert DynDOLOD Resources to the new format anyhow.

Been thinking of converting my works to SE. This will definitely come in handy.

Good to know that Bethesda has some rough edges worked out for the transition.

So there is still Skyrim.esm, Update.esm and DLC's with esm files? What a shame, conflicts between official esm files are still present? Once again your patch will fix it I guess.. 

So the game is using DX11 now, and is 64bit which I know, what about multicore CPU support, it is better than Skyrim 2011? 

So there is still Skyrim.esm, Update.esm and DLC's with esm files? 

actually this makes sense if they don't want to totally screw existing mods

Yep. They pretty much had to otherwise porting old mods would have been a much more labor intensive process and only the very dedicated, or very bored, would have bothered.

Updated, yes, but most won't need to be entirely remade unless all they consisted of was stuff that's been changed in SSE.

I didnt have the opportunity to get the SSE in advance, so I have a small question:

the does the new esm have the same or a different TES4 version header than the original skyrim? 

edit: got my answer, it seems to be now 44 (instead of 40-43 for Skyrim)

Does the High Resolution Texture Pack DLC work with SSE or do we need to wait for a SSE version of the High Resolution Texture Pack DLC?

Does the High Resolution Texture Pack DLC work with SSE or do we need to wait for a SSE version of the High Resolution Texture Pack DLC?

It is built-in in SSE

Sounds good. As long as they ironed out the bugs in the old Archiver (what a headache)- or at least implemented SEH or something.

Am curious about this, since I also use the utility to pack resources directly and don't want to go several hoops just to pack from CK.

Are the lighting limitations still there? Like the 4 shadow casters limitation and the mesh limit for receiving light?

Yes, confirmed by Simsim. Sadly :( 

Thank you for your time in sharing with us.  Much appreciated.  Where do we get the new kit from?  Will be in steam like the previou sor some other place like fallout 4?

And do we need to recompile all the scripts?

thank you Arthmoor.

Tonycubed2

The SSE CK will be distributed through the Bethesda.net launcher just like the one for Fallout 4.

No, scripts do not need to be recompiled.

The game has unlocked!!!  I was able to launch it, and I ran the bethesda launcher, but I do not see the creation kit.  Only the fallout 4 creation kit which was there before.  Any special trick to access it?

The game has unlocked!!!  I was able to launch it, and I ran the bethesda launcher, but I do not see the creation kit.  Only the fallout 4 creation kit which was there before.  Any special trick to access it?

Download the Bethesda Launcher.

oh come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like I really want to play the game without my mods. 

like, really??????????????????????????

totally unfair.  I thought that beta signup was old.  I only put two of my mods in case it unlocked it or something.  If I had known that maybe it would have allowed me access I would have put like all 40 plus of them.

sigh.