Skyrim on Nintendo Switch

VaultDuke

I hope they allow mods on it, because then I would get it :P doesn't seem they are trying to get the kids anymore, so I see why not, maybe not nude mods though.

Well, at least they're getting back to proper consoles again.

We'll see how those contacts for the controllers hold up.

Bah, I haven't touched a Nintendo since the N64. It's good to see them taking consoles seriously again I suppose.

Whether this is good or bad is another thing. Remember what those "optimizations" they did to Skyrim so it would play nice on the PS3 and how they affected everything else?

Lol, yeah. Apparently several publishers have 'unconfirmed' their games. I guess they still feel butthurt per having developed WiiU games pre-release for a year-one release window and then had to pull out. They probably try to play it save this time.

My feeling is the switch will be a hit. It probably won't see too many cross platform titles after PS4pro and Scorpio adoption are in full swing (2018 or 2019 probably), but i doubt that will be necessary.

Never thought I'd see the day when Nintendo would run Skyrim :P

Me neither.  The announcement of Nintendo brings back the golden era of the late 80's and the early 90's with the release of Nintendo NES and Super Nintendo (I still have those consoles with a couple of games), and later Nintendo GameBoy.

If Nintendo pull it off and let console players play Skyrim on a Nintendo Switch, I see this as a sort of *replacement* of PS4, which Sony doesn't seem to realize what potential mods for a console has.