Abernathy Farm and UFO4 Beta 1.0.6

Ceano

I was testing the Beta version of UFO4 (on a new game start) and when i came to Abernathy farm and talked to the man that gives you the quest to retrieve the locket, his dialog Cuts short just Before you get the quest and he starts working again. If you start talking to him again, same thing happens.

Have you confirmed with Preston that you've joined the Minutemen? If you decline his offer after The First Step, then it's expected you won't get the related settlement quests either since he won't tell you to do them.

You don't need to talk to Preston to get that mission, its enough that you talk to the farmer. The same goes for the mission you can get from the farmer at Warwick Homestead, that mission you also should get without even have meet Preston, at least so it has always been from the release of Fallout 4. I have done at least 30-40 game starts to test different things sins the release of FO4, and this that you don't get the missions from the 2 farmers is just started to happen recently.

There is one settlement where you can say "i'm not with the minutemen but i am here to help"

So you can help some settlements as a pure independant.

Arth, please note that the point of my bug report was stopping preston to give random radiant quests even if you decline the offer to join the minutemen. You know, when you pass by him in Sanctuary and he comments that "a settlement needs our help, I'll mark on your map" AND if you do any settlement quest AFTER saying no to the invite, the last objective being "Talk to Preston Garvey"

Originally, even if you don't meet Preston at all, you can do any settlement quest by your own.

It was never my idea to lock the player out of the settlement system unless you join the minutemen, wich seems the course your fix is pointing at (however I did graygargen and it worked fine)

Well you have to understand one thing - those quests appear to be irrevocably linked to everything Preston says and does. They're all part of the same tree in the Story Manager. So in order to unblock these, Preston will have to remain an annoying jackass because the alternative means editing a dozen quests in less reliable ways.

So if this isn't working out then the only solution that's viable is to back out the fix before going live and just living with Preston being a jackass about this. Not ideal, but neither is editing a whole pile of stuff and making an even bigger potential mess.

Just to make sure I'm understanding here. The quests you're talking about are "Out of the Fire", "Troubled Waters", and "Returning The Favor"? Nothing else that you think should remain open is getting blocked, right?

Well all settlements quest should be open so you can do them without Preston's involvement, as in vanilla game...you should not be forced to join a faction to do those.

• Like 2

If by "all" you mean the other radiant ones he gives out for various attacks or whatever, you can't get them from anyone but him and they're all specifically discussed as Minuteman missions, which is why this quest fix thing was even considered to start with.

So I'm only worried about the ones the game isn't labeling specifically as Minuteman missions, like the 3 I asked about.