Why is Kvenel the Tongue named Draugr Deathlord?

Batty

What the title says. Kvenel doesn't have his unique name but is called Draugr Deathlord.

First I thought it was because of the Word Wall quest that sent me, went back to an earlier save where I didn't have it, and he still spawned with the name Draugr Deathlord.

Then I went back to a very early save where I hadn't done many quests, and sure enough he spawned as Kvenel the Tongue.

Then I thought maybe if he spawns as a Draugr Deathlord (his level and stats), somehow the quest doesn't apply the boss name message. Set my level to 45 from 10 went into the dungeon and he spawned as Kvenel. Checked his level and he surely was a Draugr Deathlord (level 30).

Can having too many quests active have consequences like this? I have 38 active quests right now (including the Miscellaneous ones) and I have several of them at later stages (I have started the quest and near to finishing it). Can't really think of any other reason.

I had the same issue at one point: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/14836-dunvolunruudboss-001019c6-should-be-named-kvenel-the-tongue/

Apparently nobody else could reproduce it. It could be a case where one quest overlaps another and the aliases get messed up due to a radiant quest taking precedence over the dungeon quest. I would imagine taking a look at your game save would be the only way Arthmoor (or someone else on the project team with advanced knowledge of quests) would be able to figure out if something isn't set up correctly.

Yeah. I actually saw your post when I was searching Google for answers.

The weird thing is, you also posted a similar issue about Ironbind Barrow, but I went there with the Word Wall quest active and Gathrik's name was not bugged out. So I don't believe it is related to another quest.

Also how do I upload saves and how many saves should I upload? Should I upload all the saves I used to test the issue?

In the "Downloads" section, choose "Upload File" in the top right corner. The category you want is "Files for Fixes" listed under Unofficial Patch Project.

It depends on the situation. In some cases one is enough but it never hurts to include a few extra if there are different scenarios like in this case. For example, maybe at minimum include one save when the draugr is properly named "Kvenel" and one when it (incorrectly) has a generic name like "Draugr Deathlord".

Possibly the constantly-cycling Companions radiant quests plus "uses stored text" on an actor alias. It prevents any name replacement from working on that actor afterwards.

Sorry, do you care to elaborate on that? I'm not very well informed.

I was also gonna ask if I could just "enable" the message (enable volunruudbossname refid), though I have no idea how to get refid for the message. 

Sorry, do you care to elaborate on that? I'm not very well informed.

I was also gonna ask if I could just "enable" the message (enable volunruudbossname refid), though I have no idea how to get refid for the message.

You assign a new name through an alias; assuming Kvenel is actually in the alias and the quest is running, if he's not being renamed, then he was probably in an alias errantly flagged as "uses stored text," and the most likely culprit for that is a Companions quest.

You assign a new name through an alias; assuming Kvenel is actually in the alias and the quest is running, if he's not being renamed, then he was probably in an alias errantly flagged as "uses stored text," and the most likely culprit for that is a Companions quest.

So a radiant Companions quest, which I never started and done, chose Volunruud as the quest location, and this interfered with the aliases used by the original dunVolunruudqst. Meh, another reason to hate radiant system.

What I don't get it is, why does Kvenel have to use an alias. His actor is already unique, why wasn't he just named Kvenel the Tongue?