Looking for collaborator: scripting and MCM

VaultDuke

Hey AFKers, some of you may know my mod 'Bound Armory' that I have maintained for quite some time now and that has slowly expanded with the help of some fans.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45042/?

I'm sorry if I haven't kept the AFKmods version up to date, but with the 1.4 update more than 2.5 years ago, the number of esps has massively exploded, and i didn't know how to propperly maintain them here (what's a fomod, lol ;)).

Anyway, around that time I was contacted by a modder called nokturnihs, that offered to work on an MCM version of the mod. He's an on/off modder, so things took quite some time. He came back with a working MCM version beginning of 2015 and we were throwing some ideas back and forth, that culminated in the release of the Bound Swappable Weapons mod early this year. After a series of additional alpha versions that brought in a few more of our ideas, we came close to getting the mod to a state where i would call it the ultimate (and only) version going forward of Bound Armory.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72708/?

Some slight visual issues remain, and there are ideas around what could be done further down the line. The mod has at this time evolved into much more I ever hoped it could become, and it is now also something i no longer can progress further alone, since my abilities with Papyrus and SkSE are zero. Sadly nokturnihs has decided to leave Skyrim modding behind, which leaves me with this version of Bound Armory, that I grew really found of, but is too high evolved for me to handle alone.

With all that being said, I'd be glad if I could find a collaborator, that would like to help finish the BSW version 1.7 and if you know and like the mod, i'm open to pass ideas back and forth, if you'd like to join for future versions.

So far the MCM allows to switch easily between different types of weapons, merging a lot of the weapon selection esps into one. Some idea still hanging around, that would rely more heavily on scripting would be a player chosen weapon damage scaling. We have already added a few selections into the 1.7 version, but that area is something i think were some scripting ingenuity could bring a lot of fresh air to the mod.

Something i get asked quite regularly are weapons of different color and glow, so if there is some crazy skse function to overwrite mesh luminescence and vertex color setting, that would be awesome.

Personally my abilities lie firmly within TES5edit and a few light mesh tweaks, but i would want to ensure, i transfer as much support for several Skyrim overhaul mods as possible (i.e. this is something i can do, given i get a MCM with a framework to support me merging more options in). Even though i use none of those, this is the area i have received the most help from during the years and i feel i owe it to the people that gave me to original patch files. It also seems half the fan base of Bound Armory use ALOT of overhaul mods. :D

What comes after that, i'm not sure. I'll be getting a 'real' job next year, so maybe what i'm really asking for is someone who might want to pick up the torch i guess or wouldn't mind taking the lead.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Have fun and keep your ideas and suggestions coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds interesting- but all that's on offer here is BAIN/Fomod packaging which can be useful if some components don't work together. 

Hey thank you for the offer. That s awesome. There will indeed still be more than one esp left after the new scripted version is finished. I'll happily come back to you once that point is reached. Keep your fingers crossed, that i might find a good scripter among BA's fanbase.