Anything Audio Thread

lmstearn

They called Consequences a flop. Well yeah, maybe, possibly. No. Thought at the time it was great. Certainly more interesting and evocative than other productions of the era. Perhaps the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Day at the Races was never a favourite. Thought it was poorly recorded and overplayed. But "Somebody to Love" is a superb song, very well performed and a good one to add to anybody's song book.

There are so many versions of "You Go to My Head" that quite frankly do my head in. The following interpretations lift the standard somewhat, particularly Teddy Wilson's:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Billboards, Billboards. Scattered all over the world, just like trees!

How much is that hound dog?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

PS These dancers are deaf, cannot hear the music. You can see their teacher is standing by the stage, giving them instructions. (girls in white on each side)

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a small kid back in the early sixties, they kept playing the following version of this song on the radio. But don't know why it was referenced on the Wikipedia page. Oh well. It's referenced here. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A good baritone is not heard much around these days. And only crappy recordings exist of ones from bygone days. Anyone heard of Roy Felton?

• 2 weeks later...