Critterspawn.psc

Nebulous112

Hey guys,

I know absolutely nothing about this script, but I saw a post on the SkyrimTools thread that kinda caught me off guard.

Too long to post everything with context, but basically a user was saying that the USKP-fixed critterspawn.psc script was done incorrectly.

See here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4624145-skyrimtools/?p=41124735

As I said, I really don't know anything about it... I just wanted to bring this to your attention, and see your guys' thoughts on the mod that the user linked to as a script replacement.

Unless that guy can articulate what he thinks is wrong, we're going to assume it's not really a "fix" but a preference. Especially based on comments in his thread where he says critters now spawn periodically, which is now how the vanilla scripts are intended or written.

Previous fixes by Steve40 also didn't completely solve the issue.

As far as we know, the current USLEEP scripts work. They throw no errors and people have said that upon installing USLEEP (or USKP) for the first time, they see stuff the game wasn't spawning prior to that.

Good to know, Arthmoor, thanks. :-)

I was just a bit worried when in the SkyrimTools discussion the fellow mentioned having 30 entries in the active scripts branch for critterspawn.psc.

Not that I have any idea what they are really talking about (I know nothing about scripting), but the author of SkyrimTools made it sound like anything above 10 means something is wrong with the game.

Since the author never replied to the guy (and I assume the author uses USLEEP like almost everyone else), I assume it must be some issue specific to that user's game.

Cheers, and thanks again for the reassurance. And yeah, after reading the comments in the posts section for the linked mod, I will NOT be installing that, lol. :-)

There's nothing wrong with having that many active scripts running. He's talking about the list in Hadoram's save cleaning tool. Nothing to panic there over at all unless you have thousands of broken ones there. Which isn't going to be the case with the critters.