[Skyrim] Ash Piles of Skeleton at Ritual Stone

Nazzet

I noticed that the two skeletons that self reanimated at the Ritual Stone sometimes turn into ash piles, sometimes they don't. If they didn't turn into ash pile, they respawn. But once they turned into ash pile, they won't go away nor respawn after >30 days.

I was rebuilding my mods from the ground up so only USLEEP was in my load order. I also have OneTweak and SKSE installed just for the borderless window mode.

I hate ash pile and would like to just disable those two skeletons to not spawn in game to begin with. Is there a way to disable vanilla NPC with TES5Edit? Or would it be possible to attach some sort of clear script just to clear the ash pile out? I don't know much about script, TES5Edit would be easy enough for me.

Those skeleton IDs are: 000d9652 & 000d9653

Thanks

That was something Arthmoor looked into and attempted to fix some time back but unfortunately it was unsuccessful. The developers fixed the cleanup of all types of ash piles in the game with one exception - those of NPCs that are placed already dead. As it turns out, this is an engine bug that has no solution.

Please see the following bug ticket for more information: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/17362-necromancerskeletons-scene-at-ritual-stone/

I noticed that the two skeletons that self reanimated at the Ritual Stone sometimes turn into ash piles, sometimes they don't. If they didn't turn into ash pile, they respawn. But once they turned into ash pile, they won't go away nor respawn after >30 days.

I was rebuilding my mods from the ground up so only USLEEP was in my load order. I also have OneTweak and SKSE installed just for the borderless window mode.

I hate ash pile and would like to just disable those two skeletons to not spawn in game to begin with. Is there a way to disable vanilla NPC with TES5Edit? Or would it be possible to attach some sort of clear script just to clear the ash pile out? I don't know much about script, TES5Edit would be easy enough for me.

Those skeleton IDs are: 000d9652 & 000d9653

Thanks

I know you can temporary disable an object (DO NOT delete an object in-game since it can cause a CTD) via the console by clicking on the object and type "disable", but the best result would be a separate mod.