Sign in to follow this  
Arthmoor

[RELz] Oblivion DLC Delayers

Just curious- does it actually make any difference if this was activated before running the BP in that it checks all tags on all mods on the build? If DLC Delayers were active wouldn't it just de-activate it anyway?

It isn't technically necessary to incorporate into a bashed patch if you have all of the DLCs. Of course if you do that after you've been using it for awhile then the game will think you removed it and reset everything once it's in the bashed patch.

Rather late in the game, but I'm just getting back to playing after being away for several years... Could you parameterize the fame requirement for Knights of the Nine? As usual my fame is already over 10 before I've even had a chance to visit Anvil. The game is just too easy on handing out fame points! I probably shouldn't even install KotN until I'm ready to play it, but I like to get my load order set up at the start. I also need all the locations and characters in place for other mod development.

Obviously I can fix this to suit my tastes if you're done with Oblivion, but I just thought I'd ask.

Been asked about it before but as I am not doing any OB stuff short of genuine bug fixes it's not something that's likely to happen. And I'm honestly not sure I'd want to do that anyway since I can easily see it being something someone sets, then forgets about, and I get told there's a bug where none exists.

On 10/15/2017 at 9:54 PM, Arthmoor said:

I have never agreed with the way BOSS sticks official content scattered throughout the load order so when I built the DLC Delayers they were built with the following order on their masters:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  DLCHorseArmor.esp
02  DLCOrrery.esp
03  DLCFrostcrag.esp
04  DLCThievesDen.esp
05  DLCVileLair.esp
06  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
07  Knights.esp
08  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

This is the chronologically correct order of the releases and since that's how the community has always handled it it never made any sense to me that BOSS would deviate from this and never bother to fix that even years later. I'm sure I'd probably get some kind of lecture from people about how I'm not toeing the FCOM line by doing things this way but IMO nobody should ever have been expected to deviate from norms just for FCOM's sake.

In any case, I click on the file in Bash and don't see this error, nor do I get one while building. So I'd suggest reporting it in the Bash thread since I have no idea what could even cause that. It shouldn't matter for a merge mod anyway as far as I've always understood it.

BOSS 2.3.2 still scattered around the DLC.  I agree, the masterlist should be corrected and AFAIK mhahn123 on TAL is the one who is currently updating the masterlist for BOSS.

On 10/15/2017 at 11:42 PM, AndalayBay said:

If I install all the DLC's and have them activated, the error goes away. I deactivated Knights because I don't want to play that one, and the error comes back. It appears that it doesn't like the missing dialogue when Knights.esp is missing.

Have you tried this with one of more of the masters missing? I guess I can edit your plugin to set the fame to some ridiculous value so Knights never kicks in.

I am having the same thing as you are.  I don't want to play the Mehrunes Razor and the Vile Lair's DLC.  I even consider not to play KotN.

What will or should I say what can happen when rebuilding the bashed patch in WB without having all DLC activated?

The ones that have Bash Tags will have their records imported, I believe.  So, you'll have some stray records.  Best to hide them before building the Patch.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:40 PM, Malonn said:

Best to hide them before building the Patch.

That was I did and so far everything seems to work.

However, now I can't find the chest for the Frostcrag Spire DLC and yesterday I discover the location on my own and despite no chest can be found and I have looked everywhere.

The problem, I admit my problem, is that I don't remember where the chest was placed the last time I played Oblivion which happen a couple of years ago.

I did find an abandoned camp near the Frostcrag Spire, so I looked there, but no chest with the key and the deed inside could be found.

@ArthmoorI even tried LOOT to sort my loadorder in Oblivion and every DLC was placed directly after the Unofficial Shivering Isle Patch, but was not in the chronical order you listed.  The Battlehorn Castle was loaded after the Orrey and above the remaining DLC.

On 3/16/2019 at 4:03 PM, Leonardo said:

I did find an abandoned camp near the Frostcrag Spire, so I looked there, but no chest with the key and the deed inside could be found.

I took a picture in-game, just to show where the abandoned camp is.

I need to ask.  Does the Oblivion DLC Delayers requires all DLC in order to work properly? 

The reason I ask is simple, because in my current game I don't use the Mehrunes Razor DLC and the Vile Lair's DLC.  I can't find the quest triggered note for the Horse Armor DLC, Thieves Den DLC, Shivering Isle DLC, and I still have to check the Battlehorn Castle DLC and The Orrey DLC, but something tells me that I won't find a note about these DLC's.

Also, your advice to make sure the Oblivion DLC Delayers.esp is selected in the Merged Patches in the bashed patch isn't acurrate, because when I right click on the Oblivion DLC Delayers.esp to check what bash tags it has I only saw three bash tags and in the Merged Patches section it wasn't listed.  Below is what bash tags it has.

When you build your bashed patch, make sure this mod is selected in the "Merge Patches" and "Import Scripts" sections.

Deactivate
Filter
Scripts

Now, I know you have more knowledge about the bash tags than me, but shouldn't the Oblivion DLC Delayers.esp also have the Merged Patch (whatever it's called) bash tag too in order to be listed in those sections.

Which is not listed with the three bash tags I listed and I dunno how I can add the Oblivion DLC Delayers.esp to the Merged Patches section in the bashed patch, except for manually adding a fourth bash tag. :shrug:

If it matters I use the WB 307 update that KranaZoli posted here.

It's working as it should, so you can ignore this if you want to. :)

Edited by Leonardo