[Oblivion] A fresh installation, but no sound on a new computer

Leonardo

So I did a fresh re-install of Oblivion today after almost a year of absence, but this time around there were no music after I completed a full installation of Oblivion - 5th Anniversary.

That has never happen before, so I've no clue or idea what's wrong or how to fix.  Perhaps another re-installation could do the trick, but TBH I doubt that. :shrug:

Another thing that's worth mention that I now have a lot better computer than my old one, so below are the specs of my new computer.

ASUS Z97 PRO GAMER

Intel i5 4430S 2.7 GHz

32 Gb RAM 1600 MHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti with the latest video drivers installed

RealTek (onboard)

SSD 120 Gb

Seagate 3 TB (GPT)

I'll post the content of DirectX later, but for now I don't think my issue is releated to my sound card instead it could be that I now have a high-end PC.

A quick update.

After my installation of Oblivion - 5th Anniversary today I don't have sound on my sytem anymore, so I guess that Oblivion with its current configuration for a retail copy of Oblivion - 5th Anniversary is utterly incompatible with my current hardware. :crash:

Unless someone who knows how to fix this, I consider my hardware issue as rare is it can be.

I can no longer play Oblivion - 5th Anniversary, the retail version, on my computer and right now I'm trying to get the sound back on my PC without Oblivion being installed.

I might be forced to re-install Windows, because of this damn sound issue.

Why did I installed Oblivion today when everything worked as intended.  God dammit, why? :swear:

EDIT:  I have no idea or why, but this is incredible.  After I turn off my computer and check the cable, which I think I shouldn't have to do, then turn on my computer and now I got the sound back. :blink:

Edited by Leonardo

I am convinced that everything you described is a conspiracy planned by Sheogorath. :fear: