Recruiting VAs for Virelda

mlee3141

Hi! I'm looking for a Voice Actress to play Virelda, a standalone, custom-voiced Dunmer Seer/ Soothsayer. Her voice should be fiery and passionate, yet also detached and portray finality/ the grim role of fate. Here are some lines I wrote up, feel free to voice them as an audition, and send them over via PM; I shall respond in a timely manner. Thanks!

Closed, position filled.

Virelda: I have seen your approach, traveler. When first you set foot beyond that misty gate, and drifted upon the shores of time and fate, I saw and I knew. Yet, let this trouble us not, as we converse like any two mortals ever could.

Player: I doubt you've seen anything but my visage in your doorway.

Virelda: Ha! I know a great many things, child, and hear echos that drift from the deepest abyss. I know that you were drawn to this land in pursuit of adventure and glory; the ability to become one you could never be, and the promise to fulfill your ultimate role as champion and a hero. Yet you were bound instead, first by chains, and then by the cold touch of fate as it entwined you, and finally, started to define you. I know you sought me out through no will of your own, but were directed here instead, and now seek me out as a companion in your travels. Fear not, I shall play that role in due time, but I'm sure you have some questions for me first.

Player: How is it possible for you to know these things?

Virelda: The blood of the ancients flow through my veins, and my sight reaches to the end of time. Yet, I have no need of petty trinkets, card games, illusions nor misconceptions to ply my trade. In this world there are but truth and lies, and my ability to divine the former from the latter is what truly sets me apart. I am but a mirror, and can reflect your deepest desires for all to see.

Player: Then tell me, what's my favorite color?

Virelda: You have none, for you are but a shell. Empty and formless, defined by naught but endless values of absolutes and nothingness. You know this too well, yet, still, you play the strings of fate and puppet this avatar for your own amusement. No matter. I won't judge you for it, as even now, countless variations of myself already know you too well, and walk by your side.

Player: You may know me well, but do you truly know yourself?

Virelda: I do. I am a seer of the arcane, the speaker of truth and knower of the final fate. I know that I have set aflame the world once before with but a whisper into the ear of another, and that is why I am here today. To atone for what once was lost, and to never again set all things adrift for the sake of my own pride.

Player: Who are you?

Virelda: I am Virelda. Once, I walked the greatest halls of this land, and was a soothsayer to those who would be gods. I am truth, pure and simple, yet nothing is more destructive than facing your inner self, and knowing this world for what it truly is. For my crimes, I was shunned, hated and cast adrift; an outcast to all, and not even given the honor of being an iconoclast. Yet, this was not the end, but a new beginning. A start of a new tale to be told.

Player: Join me. With your sight and my will, we can rewrite destiny itself.

Virelda: Heed, brave hero, and listen well. This world is changing. Darkness lurks on the horizon, the last dominion of Man stands poised at the abyss, and the great chasm of war threatens to tear the land asunder, and consume all in fire and blood. Oaths and loyalty are but ash on your lips, and morals mean nothing in times of crisis. Yet I shall defy myself once again, and put my faith in you, for it only takes one last paragon in a world gone mad to avert the gaze of endless death, and redeem what was once thought lost. Call when you have need of me, and I shall stand as ultimate truth to those who seek to destroy the day.

Let the cards of fate play, and the wheel of time turn upon a new age.

Let us define our own destiny, and bow to no other.

All of your cards spell finality!

My eyes reflect the whole of Nirn!

I am truth, and none can ever know me!