Server Upgrade - June 16 2016

Arthmoor

Man, you gotta love Linode. As part of their 13th birthday celebration, the company is doubling the RAM on everyone's accounts at no extra cost! We will be going from 4GB to 8GB which should help with performance all around.

We never say no to a good deal, so I've queued this upgrade and we are in line behind about 250 other people. When our turn, comes, the server will drop offline for approximately 90 minutes. Nobody panic. We'll be back after it's all done :P

that's pretty awesome for Linode to do

Just curious, how much would that have run if YOU ordered the upgrade? ... or is this a shared server?

Disregard this. I found it. I didn't notice that Google took me to a weird page on Linode's website. I could only "create an account" on that page LOL

that's pretty awesome for Linode to do

Just curious, how much would that have run if YOU ordered the upgrade? ... or is this a shared server?

Disregard this. I found it. I didn't notice that Google took me to a weird page on Linode's website. I could only "create an account" on that page LOL

It probably means they are adjusting their prices to match their competition, to keep their customers. Moving a web page to a different hoster is no rocket science.

I guess what speaks more about their service is how quickly and error free it went.

They are by far the best ones running this type of service I've ever seen. This also isn't the first time they've given free upgrades out, and chances are it won't be the last.