Skyrim finally out of Beta? [Skyrim Special Edition]

Kesta

I don't know if they're going to edit existing plants and stuff, but the video did show new ones having been added to Riverwood at least. So we know they've likely done some additional minor detail work. The extent of which is unknown right now.

What you actually mean is: now that there are three times as many shrubs, it doesn't matter whether Pete has to check them all or just the new ones :P

I don't understand why you're all worrying about : I personally see no new shrubs as statics or harvestable material, just a denser foliage. And in the actual game it's controlled by the terrain textures and a few ini settings...  :shrug:

Look over the footage. In front of Sven's house in Riverwood there are a few newly placed plants that are not auto-generated grass. It's not a lot, but that kind of subtle detail could be elsewhere too. It probably won't be that big of a deal, but it does mean any added forms in Skyrim.esm or Update.esm will mean maintaining split branch support.

Look over the footage. In front of Sven's house in Riverwood there are a few newly placed plants that are not auto-generated grass. It's not a lot, but that kind of subtle detail could be elsewhere too. It probably won't be that big of a deal, but it does mean any added forms in Skyrim.esm or Update.esm will mean maintaining split branch support.

You're planning to support both throughout 2017? I bet with 3 additional USLEEP releases (give or take) until christmas, the original will be patched up enough to consider dropping support altogether. I wouldn't expect that too many players will be left behind by the special edition's hardware requirements, especially if visual features can be disabled or tuned down.

I have a feeling that was just put there for the promo, but we'll see.

I have a feeling it was not :P

The comparison shows added shrubs, rocks and harvestables just about everywhere. No brand new meshes but it looks like they have gone crazy with copypasting.

Yes, well, I have one word for you .... whoopee. :P

If I want more shrubs, I can do it myself. Honestly, looking at those comparisons, I still stand by my initial impression ... sooo much blur. That shot of Markarth is cringeworthy.

Well, I'd like to see how Skyrim looks now from Solitude's Bard college. You know, those lone islands of triangles & other geometrical shapes in the distance. Blur would be quite beneficial there.

Don't be so harsh now, the game isn't even out yet...I mean, the remastered graphics. My opinion for now, well, Skyrim looks too yellow and red, over-warm and yeah, bit of blur overdone.

But even if that turns to be final, we have yet to see how it looks in the motion. If nothing else, I'm sure there will be mods that will fix the hue/saturation. Heck, in original Skyrim I use saturation boost mod too.

I'm a bit sceptical. New shaders and gfx effects, ok. But what about all this new stuff (I mean flora & shrubs) ? I can't believe BGS added thousands of new references in the game. It may just cause serious glitches & compatibility issues with all existing mods that BGS claim as compatible (and let's do not fear the words : this is the main commercial argument, and straightly dedicated for console players). So I would rather think about an extended/improved feature of the regular grass auto-generation process. Anyway it's probably pointless to go on speculating, we'll see what we'll get in a few months...  :shrug:

The only thing we can stand on is that with BGS new stuff == new bugs.  :troll: 

All we know for sure is Riverwood has extra references placed. We can only infer other areas do too. Shots of increased grass density aren't the same thing.

A comparison of the new Skyrim.esm to the old one will almost certainly need to be done before anyone can just march off to update their stuff.

• 1 month later...

Hines gave a short interview about the Special Edition to GameSpot which can be read here.

Apart from explaining why Skyrim got remastered instead of Oblivion, I don't think he said anything new, and even why Skyrim over Oblivion was pretty obvious anyway.

He also commented on the upcoming more powerful consoles and their possibilities in another piece (and seemed quite pleased about them).

I'm seriously starting to doubt about this remaster popularity (at least for PC players). All this so-called "eye-candy" upgraded material looks like a very subjective matter of taste and will probably not have the same modding conveniency as actual ENB/reshade presets.

No need to argue any more until we get the final product, I agree. But the point is : Pete Hines mentioned once again that all 'old' mods can be easily ported to the new engine with almost a few mouse clicks, but I seriously hope that the opposite process will also be possible (maybe by xEdit if not officialy supported ?).

I'm fearing that several persistent and constantly progressing must-have mods (such as USLEEP) turn "remaster edition only" with no backwards step possible...  :unsure:

The 64 bit DX11 support alone will drive adoption. You have no idea how tired of the 32 bit barriers people are. No more need for ENBoost, no more need for SKSE memory hacks, none of that. It'll be heaven for that reason alone.

ENB and Resdhade are doing just fine for Fallout 4 so I doubt there will be any impaired functionality with SSE either.

I'm just crossing my fingers someone with enough knowledge can take on updating SkyUI for SSE.

Exactly, without SkyUI Skyrim is "dead" to me.

I don't use SkyUI either. I don't know why everyone gets so bent out of shape over the vanilla UI. While I will admit that it isn't great, I've played countless games that were much worse, and still got used to their UIs.

I don't use SkyUI either. I don't know why everyone gets so bent out of shape over the vanilla UI. While I will admit that it isn't great, I've played countless games that were much worse, and still got used to their UIs.

The UI part of SkyUI is hugely better than vanilla, IMO. And that is why we mod the game...to make it better than it originally was, right? :-)

However, that is not the main thing that worries me about potentially not having SkyUI for SSE. While I would sorely miss the UI changes (and I don't honestly know if I would play without them...I haven't played with the vanilla UI in a loooong time), the main thing that worries me is not having access to an MCM menu. So many mods now rely on MCM menus for configuration that I worry about the portability of mods from standard Skyrim to an SSE without SkyUI.

The UI part of SkyUI is hugely better than vanilla, IMO. And that is why we mod the game...to make it better than it originally was, right? :-)

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that you shouldn't use SkyUI if you like it. I just think that the idea that you wouldn't play the game at all if you couldn't use it is a bit extreme.

Anyway, as has been said before, it's pointless speculating about what will and won't work at this stage. If Pete Hines can be believed, then everything is going to be fine. :troll: