Skyrim finally out of Beta? [Skyrim Special Edition]

Kesta

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that you shouldn't use SkyUI if you like it. I just think that the idea that you wouldn't play the game at all if you couldn't use it is a bit extreme.

What's extreme with that? On the one hand you get a 64bit exe with a few lighting improvements, on the other hand you have enb, enboots, skyui an a myriad of mods using mcm.

SSE sure doesn't look like the be all end all solution, and i see no issue with clinging to the original should some favourite mods not make the jump.

On the other hand i have no issue with USLEEP eventually going full SSE, because lets be honest, there won't be much issues left at that time. Patchlogs are progressively getting shorter.

I do use SkyUI but ONLY for the MCM functions. I use SkyUIAway to get rid of the rest. Does that count? :lol::X

Looks like I'm the only one not using a single mod with MCM :imp:

I may be on the other side of the spectrum, out of 92 active plugins i have over 30 MCMs. I'm a sucker for tiny sublte gameplay changes or seemless additions of new gameplay elements, that allow me to fine tune them. Stuff like lock overhaul, sky tweak, dynamic things, campfire, honed metal, wearable lanterns, dwemer goggles, the list goes on... :D

I have 7 that use an MCM and I rather like SkyUI but I'm not going to give up 64bit/DX11 because those 7 mods will complain without it. Don't panic, I'm pretty sure that SkyUI will get ported by SOMEONE. Schlangtster already said if they don't they'd be willing to let someone else do it. Chances are the UI portions will work just fine. Maybe someone should go ping Pete Hines though to find out for sure? :P

I have 7 that use an MCM and I rather like SkyUI but I'm not going to give up 64bit/DX11 because those 7 mods will complain without it. Don't panic, I'm pretty sure that SkyUI will get ported by SOMEONE. Schlangtster already said if they don't they'd be willing to let someone else do it. 

Exactly.  I too use SkyUI and have quite a few mods with MCMs, but I am not particularly worried about it.  

Since SSE is a separate game, I can keep playing my old load order on the old 32 bit/DX9 engine while tinkering with a new load order on the 64 bit/DX11 engine.  

I suspect I will make a gradual transition to SSE but for a while I will be playing both.  Who knows, I may keep both on my machine forever.  It's not like the game, even when modded, takes up that much space compared to the capacity of a modern hard drive.

People just need some patience and eventually SKSE and SkyUI will make it to SSE.

• 4 weeks later...

There's been confusion lately about just what Pete Hines is saying on Twitter. So I asked GStaff for clarification. His response:

Here's what I found out:

* The DLC are automatically included as a part of the game.

* The Dawnguard, Dragonborn, and Hearthfires.esm will be in-tact.

He got that straight from the devs. So Pete Hines is just poorly wording his responses. The files will NOT be merged with Skyrim.esm. So that means that what we were originally told about saves being compatible and mods being relatively easy to convert will hold true.

Wow. When I was still a console gamer I was always a Sony fan. Everything XBox did seemed to always be a step behind...now it seems like it is the exact opposite.

Can't say I'm surprised. All signs pointed to it being Sony that was blocking progress but now it's official. All the folks blaming Todd for not following through can eat their crow now :P

• 1 month later...

Special Edition has gone Gold - 17 days to go to release

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/skyrim-special-edition-gone-gold-system-requirements/2016/10/10/229

And system specs have changed a little for minimum and recommended

PC System Specs

Minimum
Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit Version)
Intel i5-750/AMD Phenom II X4-945.
8GB of ram.
12 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 470 1GB /AMD HD 7870 2GB

Recommended
Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit Version)
Intel i5-2400/AMD FX-8320.
8GB of ram.
12 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB /AMD R9 290 4GB

Console Storage Needs

PS4
20 GB (North America)
33 GB (Europe)

Xbox One
17 GB (North America)
25 GB (Europe)

32 bit OS is no longer an option ( it was for original Skyrim ), for anyone not on 64 bit yet but has the Legendary Skyrim setup ..

The free version for those people I guess will have to be put on hold.

Skyrim Special Edition arrives in a few weeks on October 28, and for anyone that owns the main game and all three DLCs (Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn), you will receive Skyrim Special Edition separately in your Steam Library at no additional cost. 

Eligible Skyrim purchasers include: 

• Anyone that owns Skyrim Legendary Edition on Steam. 
  • Anyone that owns Skyrim and all three DLCs (Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn) on Steam.

To ensure eligibility, you must own all Skyrim content on Steam on or before October 28th.

So be sure to have your old Skyrim installed on a 64 bit machine before that date

I'm really looking forward to it ( and personally glad it did go 64 bit ), and will only be using USLEEP ( after the dust settles ) .. No other mods at all for me this time round ( yep even accepting the interface, it took me ages to try SkyUI and only then because other mods had it as a requirement - I still prefer the games original UI )

Edit : Hmm, second thoughts, I will probably make an exception for Inigo  :redface:, and my own Kill the Orchestra

Edit 2: Just noticed this contradicts the announcement about Sony not allowing mods

So soon? I was expecting that to be done early next year.

Good timing for me I suppose, I just made a large PC related purchase that I am quite happy with :)

• 2 weeks later...

Questions that just came to my mind to our dear beta-owners : Anyone made test to see if the "brawl bug" and "flora respawn bug" have been fixed in SSE or if the currently available workarounds will need port ?

Does anyone know if the game engine will accept one of the specs below the minimum (GPU)?

Now there is in existence an Update.esm, so presumably Beth intends on pumping in a few updates?

Theoretically the game should take a less powerful GPU of the same generation.

As to Update.esm - Skyrim.esm is virtually unchanged, this is essentially the same game with a few things added to update.esm itself.

We should get a patch or two, though.

Skyrim.esm was actually modified this time, all books in it were bumped to form version 44 rather than doing that in Update.esm. That raises the possibility that other records had the same happen there too.

Skyrim.esm was actually modified this time, all books in it were bumped to form version 44 rather than doing that in Update.esm. That raises the possibility that other records had the same happen there too.

Are they trying to actually fix the loadorder bug or are they trying to make it even worse than it already is? :shrug:

Very little content about SSE added to the wiki- if Beth were genuine about this release, one would have expected some additional pages- or perhaps even another entry on the landing page.

What would they need to add other than possibly some bits about how Volumetric Lighting works in weather data?

Everything else about the game is basically the same, only with more stable tools.