Chameleon Legendary Effect and the PIP Boy

Budrick

I love the Chameleon Legendary effect.  It provides a Stealth field when the PC is sneak mode and not moving.

I hate the Chameleon Legendary effect.  When it is active, the PC cannot use the PIP Boy because the screen is whited out.  

Please tell me there is a mod that fixes this.  Or do I need move this to Mod Requests cause no such mod exists?

Here is what you see: http://i.imgur.com/UnVLfpw.png

I wouldn't say that's a bug, but rather an intended feature. It's a downside to being within a stealth field. You may have more luck asking this as a mod Request.

• 1 month later...

Okay.  The Stealth mod on Power armor and the Pipboy work together with no whiteout on the screen.  Chameleon Legendary affect and the pipboy do not work together and the screen is blizzarded.  One of them is wrong.

• 8 months later...

Here I am waking up this old topic.  

I was just brainstorming about why this could be a problem and I believe it has to do with it the interface being placed on the mesh.  The UI on the Power Armor is completely different. It's not attached to a mesh so It's not effected by the effect.  With that in mind, this problem could possibly be fixed if someone can figure out how to fix the first person arms mesh to not turn invisible, or at least pause the effect when bringing up the pip-boy.  In first person you have a mesh for the arms, and an animation attached to that mesh that plays when you move into Pip-boy mode.  What if that fist person mesh can be replaced with another identical mesh that is not effected by chameleon effect and only appears when you activate the Pip-boy UI?  This could solve the problem.  The thing is I don't know how to do that.  But there could be some people that would know how to do that so I'm shooting this idea here that maybe someone with the know how who could create it or at least pass on the idea to someone they know who can create it.