[RELz] Locky Bas***d / Locky You

Kesta

Hey people.

I wasn't sure if the actual name would be censored or not here, so just in case I put a few * in it and used the alternative one.

Anyway, Locky You offer several alternatives to the player in order to open locked doors/containers :

Shooting at it, detonating it, or simply kicking into doors to open them.

All of the new options have downsides in order to balance the whole thing:

PjlTiaT.png

rbwRTRk.png

2O3TIem.png

As a lazy person, I'll keep the download on nexus only until the mod is (near-)finished, because re-uploading to several places every time is time consuming and... plain boring. Then It should be available on Beth.net, afkmod, and maybe a few other ones if I find myself comfortable there.

Current state:

There is currently a few cosmetics improvements and hotfixes to do, the inner working to revamp, and one big feature to add, before having a final non-F4SE version.

Then mod's development will be on hold until said F4SE provide the functions I need to enhance the mod further. In the meantime... well, I've got a whole lot of idea for cool stuffs about hacking, but need to analyze Automatron in depth first :)

For detailed informations on the mechanics involved and the known issues, please check the readme.

Cool screenies (sorry for the poor quality, I took the on the dev' profile): 

13380-0-1463327834.jpg13380-1-1463059213.jpg

13380-0-1463327868.jpg

• Like 1

Nice. With as many times as someone has done this kind of mod for each game you'd think Bethesda would eventually just do it, but I guess not :P

With as many times as someone has done this kind of mod for each game you'd think Bethesda would eventually just do it, but I guess not :P

Lockpicking. Lockpicking never changes.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, it's just that it's in beta :P Thanks for the ready-to-use function, will probably save me some "try and see" :)

Also need to take care of companion events (so much people expecting Strong to actually like it whenever you kick into a door), but they seems to be tied to the story manager so it look like I'll have to emulate the whole thing.

Edit: btw, while I'm posting dev news, someone just sent me a new sound for locky kick in PA :)

Updated to v3.0. 

The mod is now available in several locations, including AFKMods and Bethesda.net (with console versions).

The major changes from v2.0 for users are :

- Vanilla mini-game revisited, no more pre-requisites to pick a lock. However, lockpicking is harder, unlocking relevant perks set difficulty of corresponding locks to something close to the original.

- No more need to swap your weapon to a melee one to kick doors, or to sheathe them to detonate a lock, instead the available option is based on your distance from the door/container (close = kick or detonate, away = shoot). This especially make the door-kicking way more convenient.

- Failed detonation attempt no matter break the lock systematically (chances weren't THAT high without demolition perks, and failing/breaking it made it near impossible to open it, resulting in a fun-breaking feature)

- Success chance for locky shot now depend on your skill (perks) for the weapon used as well.