Mod Picker: The Fearsome Juggernaut

mlee3141

I tend to concur with what CDCooley has to say, but a couple of points to consider.

Firstly, IMOP ModPicker is a good entry point for someone new to modding who wants to get setup quick and playing. It's going to be the in-game experience that determines where the next step will be. Whether out (CTDs, instability, game play etc) or in (hey this is nice (or not): but what else is out there?)

Secondly, not having gone through the Nexus (or others) TOS recently, there are no references to scraping. An author who publishes to a site should be protected by that site from scraping software if he/she doesn't wish to be listed anywhere else. Might Nexus introduce a "Do Not Scrape Me" list? or possibly better, a warning on the download page that the mod author does not support his/her listing on ModPicker or others? That keeps it civil, whilst not denying the community of the works of a multitude of like-minded talented folks.

As far as ratings go, well yeah,- but everyone gets rated these days. Er- don't they rate stuff on Steam? In that case Mator & Co are going to have enough on their plate bettering the rating system of Valve. :P

I'd just like to ask one thing: Please try not to keep linking to a forum post that only a few people can access. The mod author forum on Nexus is gated and only mod authors with 1000 or more unique downloads can read it.

Since this issue impacts more than just those of us who can access the gated forum, it's not really fair to expect people to be able to read what's been said.

And no, that's not permission from me to post quotes of whole posts here either, before someone decides to try that :P

There's a thread posted for Mod Picker here btw. One Terrorfox1234 put up some time back. Might just as well use that, yes?