[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch [UFO4P]

Arthmoor

I can't vouch for how well done other mods are as far as upgrades, but UFO4P is safe to update on an existing save.

There is no such thing as a "clean save" in either Skyrim or Fallout 4. Anyone who claims otherwise is feeding you bad information no matter what kind of process they lay out to do so. It simply cannot be done. Scripts are only one concern. There's plenty of other mod changed information that doesn't get reversed when removing a mod and any of it can lead to CTDs or other incorrect behavior. IMO, you should avoid the use of ANY mod that provides a procedure for cleaning the save because it's made by someone who is consciously refusing to accept how these 2 games work.

Gotcha.  I thought I had read something about that somewhere.  Thanks.  If a mod asks for a clean save, I'll just hold off until I start a new game.

• 3 months later...

UFO4P 2.0.8 is now in beta. Should last about 2 weeks or so before going live. Second post has the details.

• 1 month later...

UFO4P 2.0.9 is now in beta. Second post has the details. The standard 1-2 week public testing period applies.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i noticed something in 2.0.8 changelog

One of Curie’s combat lines was referring to the player as "Monsieur" regardless of whether they were male or female. Since no acceptable sample of the word "Madam's" is available, the word "Monsieur's" has been trimmed off in the recording. (Sound\Voice\Fallout4.esm\NPCFCurie\0010BB82_1.fuz, Sound\Voice\Fallout4.esm\RobotCurie\0010BB82_1.fuz) (Bug #26585)

I see this has been "fixed" by editing the audio file but, as a french, i can tell you this is a mistake:

"Messieurs Enemies have been dispatched."

"Messieurs" is a plural form of "Monsieur" which could be also be translated as "these people". Can also be a contracted form of "Messieurs-Dames".

So in other words: this change is probably going against something which was originally intended.

40 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

UFO4P 2.0.9 is now live. Enjoy!

Hello,

2.0.9 release (just released) is different from 2.0.9 beta. Is this ok? Changelog for both versions is identical. Is this important or only some different packing?

Changelog for both versions is identical. Is this important or only some different packing?

The original beta had German mod description texts on the muffled mods because I forgot to replace them after I did alter the keywords.

It's up to you to decide whether that's important.

24 minutes ago, Sclerocephalus said:

The original beta had German mod description texts on the muffled mods because I forgot to replace them after I did alter the keywords.

It's up to you to decide whether that's important.

No not important - I just wanted to make sure that it is intentional different.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2019 at 8:57 PM, Arthmoor said:

UFO4P 2.0.9 is now live. Enjoy!

Hi. First of all I want to say thank you very match for your great job and I have one question. We (PS4 users) still can't enjoy new version of this awesome patch cause available only 2.0.7 for PS4. Do you have any progress in uploading 2.0.9 for PS4?

P.S. I am checking news about it every day. Thank's.

Unfortunately we don't because Bethesda's system is not letting me get to where I can upload the file. It's been kept up to date but for whatever reason the CK hangs when trying to process the upload.

At the moment, no, there's nothing that can be done about it. Fixing whatever is wrong would require them to act on it.

I see. I have one last question. Maybe it can seems to be stupid and I in advance apologizing cause don't know technical staff but could the problem be in the patch 2.0.9 itself? I guess it's local problem cause other mods successfully updating.

P.S. Yesterday casually found one interesting comment to new version of other mod for PS4 in Bethesda site: "Corrected upload error with previous version."

Thank's for answering.

Nope. It's not due to something in the patch. Their site and the way the CK interfaces with it are just unpredictable. Someone commenting that they had an upload error is also pretty vague.

Thanks for your answer and all we (PS4 fans) can do in this case is waiting for fixing this. I hope this problem will be solved as soon as possible.

UFO4P 2.1.0 is now in beta. Be absolutely sure that if you're going to use this that you have updated your game version because this .esp file has been updated using the current CK and produces files that are NOT compatible with old versions of the game.

We're gonna wing it this time on how long this remains in public beta.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

1. Are there any changes in PS4 version uploading or not?

2. Patches for the game are somehow related to the download problem?

Thank's.

1. Unfortunately, it's still not working.

2. No, it's related to the way Bethesda.net and the Creation Kit communicate with each other in some way. I don't think anybody completely understands it. The developers are apparently the only ones that would be able to do anything about it.

And unfortunately since the developers picked a horrible web package to run their site with, they don't even understand it. So they leave it in the hands of their IT people, who obviously have no idea what's going on. Thus here we are caught in the middle hoping some random thing we try one day will do the trick.

Nope. We keep the patch up to date using the latest version of the game and CK. You're just gonna have to update both if you want to keep using it.

• 3 weeks later...

Seem to have run into a problem. Cant get the vault door to cycle open whilst trying to escape in vault 111 on xbox.  Disabling the ufo4p mod then reloading is the only fix ive found. 

Edited by Steadierclone27
Found a work-around