[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch [UFO4P]

Arthmoor

Yes, beta 1.0.6 will be a better fit for the 1.8 patch. I'll probably have 1.0.6 packaged up to ship later since we more or less need to now :P

UFO4P version 1.0.6 is now live, enjoy!

Please keep in mind that our next release will be moving to a fully unified model requiring ALL of the official DLCs. This will be the last one that only patches the straight vanilla game.​

Honestly, I was surprised to see Patch 1.8 at all. I figured they were already done, but then they haven't yet dropped the GOTY Edition so there could still be more coming I guess.

Hi, I noticed that quite a few items have ZNAM - Sound - Put Down as ITMBottleDownCOPY0000 [sNDR:00113873] rather then ITMBottleDown [sNDR:000AE46C]. Is this intended? One such item is Bourbon for example. I have all the DLCs loaded in following order and no other mods.

Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp

A hotfix for UFO4P 1.0.6 was issued today to remove edits to nearly all reference which are part of a precombined reference. This was done because Patch 1.8 appears to have once again reintroduced an old issue which causes serious performance degradation around the areas where these get edited. You guys are probably sick of this, I know, but so are we.

Oh, and if anyone is feeling generous, I'd kind of like to use a new color scheme for the UFO4P changelog. Something more appropriate to the series but that is ALSO still readable in a browser.

A quick modification of the current CSS, if you like it:

<style type="text/css">
body {
background-color: #1c3465;
color: white;
margin: 25px;
}
.h {
/* text-decoration: underline; */
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 150%;
background-color: #53617d;
border: 3px solid #9a9fa9;
padding: 5px 5px 5px 10px;
}
.m {
text-align:center;
background-color: #0e1b35;
border: 5px solid #9a9fa9;
padding: 5px;
}
.attention {
color: #ffde00;
}
a:link {
color:white;
font-weight: bold;
}
a:visited {
}
a:hover {
}
ul li { color: #c5cbd8; }
s { background-color: #0e1b35; }
</style>

Is the changelog exported from the tracker, or from another PHP interface? If there were more tags, more could be done. I'd tag Bug #s (including their parentheses) and Form IDs.

• 2 months later...

It's been a good long while, but we have a beta up for the UFO4P at last!

Version 2.0.0 is our first unified version of the patch, so yes, you will require all 6 DLCs in order to use this. As we stated months ago, it is simply not practical to continue support in such a way that would allow for modular patches considering we'd need 7 of them multiplied on 2 platforms, for a total of 14 files. Plus the way the load ordering system works, it would have been impossible to do things the way they'd need to be done for split patches anyway.

Second post has all the gory details.

Random Events FTW !!!!!

Spent the last few hours moving around the commonwealth. And the RE are working again. Thank you!!!

Also big improvement in settlement build menus populating, even the ones added by mods. Thank you!!!

@Arthmoor

I dont know if this is necessary for the UFO4P, possibly this just applies to loose files and not replacers packed in a BSA

I have seen a lot of conflicting advice around nexus descriptions that its advised to put a few entries in fallout4custom.ini ( entries in here will not be touched by the game, and override similar entries in fallout4.ini and fallout4prefs.ini )

And also there is no need to add all the potential extracted resource folders, so the following is as I understand it ( and from mods I have installed which are working ) adequate and supposedly works for all loose file replacers :

fallout4custom.ini

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

See advice in the following :

AFKMods topic

CBBE Installation

So for UFO4P - If we are to assume anyone using UFO4P may well be using other mods and replacers .. Whats the thoughts on adding the same entries into a UFO4P INI ?

It would override any fallout4custom.ini settings that have been wrongly advised in the past ( there are a lot of conflicting ideas I have seen, mods such as this one ) .. And possibly for anyone who has not been using these settings at all they would then see their mods installed working correctly.

Those settings only apply to loose files, and since it's technically not a supported way to play the game it's not appropriate for us to include an override for something the patch doesn't need anyway. People can just put it in their custom ini files easily enough for any mod that thinks it's still necessary.

Thats fair and stays in line with the patches objectives, the suggestion was more along the idea of providing a community fix to any mistakes made which is not really the patches concern.

Is there any speculation as to what that unknown app file is on steam dlc's ( wishful thinking .. more to come may equal another official patch to fix horrendous outstanding problems only bethesda can fix, it will be a great shame if they dont for what is one of their best games )

That one has come up before. The only reasonable suspicion I have is that it's either the GOTY Edition or something to do with their VR stuff Todd mentioned at E3.

A patch wouldn't likely generate entries that look like they have full CD keys associated with them.

Testing more RE, and two BoS patrols are still there(they were stuck there before the patch). Should I shoot them and see if that spawn point refreshes?

Also, 2-3 military check points are not respawning. Have passed thru the areas on several different in-game days. Is this expected?

5 hours ago, DaRogMan said:

Also, 2-3 military check points are not respawning. Have passed thru the areas on several different in-game days. Is this expected?

Some triggers have cool down timers set and will not trigger any new encounters before these run out. Depending on the encounter type, this may take a while. So yes, this is expected.

3 minutes ago, Sclerocephalus said:

Some triggers have cool down timers set and will not trigger any new encounters before these run out. Depending on the encounter type, this may take a while. So yes, this is expected.

Good to know. Thanks again for your effort on this :)

about this

Priscilla never offers to buy fertilizer from the player because the dialogue incorrectly checks her inventory rather than the player's to see if they have any. (Bug #20144)

I assume it will only work if the player talks to her and agree to sell the fertilizer BEFORE doing the hole in the wall quest? Because in my game all she says is regardind Austin and the events of the said quest

I knew about this bug and I that's why I never bothered to talk to her first

2 minutes ago, kawaksallas said:

about this

Priscilla never offers to buy fertilizer from the player because the dialogue incorrectly checks her inventory rather than the player's to see if they have any. (Bug #20144)

I assume it will only work if the player talks to her and agree to sell the fertilizer BEFORE doing the hole in the wall quest? Because in my game all she says is regardind Austin and the events of the said quest

I knew about this bug and I that's why I never bothered to talk to her first

Same here. Did not talk to her due to the bug. And now she doesn't mention fertilizer.

The only thing changed was the incorrect condition on her offering to buy fertilizer from you when you have it. Otherwise she won't offer that dialogue. The reason she never offered it before was already explained in the changelog entry.

Oh thanks for this so much,  I had a level 100+ save with RE's pretty much gone this totally fixed it.  also you should note that the RE fix also fixes the minutemen flare gun quest problems where they just never show up.

3 hours ago, londong35 said:

Oh thanks for this so much,  I had a level 100+ save with RE's pretty much gone this totally fixed it.  also you should note that the RE fix also fixes the minutemen flare gun quest problems where they just never show up.

In case you haven't read the RE thread already:

This also fixes the issue with several workshop attacks running at the sime time. Will never happen again.

EDIT: Wasn't aware of the flare gun quest problems, but it makes sense that the RE fix corrects them too.

Edited by Sclerocephalus
Forgot to add a line on the flare guns.

"Codsworth was not included in the Vault-Tec DLC companion tracker system. (Bug 21323)."

I started a new game with UFO4P 2.0 Beta. I only have one other mod, "Achievements" (which doesn't have an .esp) and F4SE. I have all DLC, and Wrye Bash is the mod manager. I have never used console codes in-game.

I built a Vault-Tec tracker, and Codsworth is listed as one of the companions on the tracker, but selecting him (either individually or via "all") does nothing. It still lists Codsworth as "off" and nothing shows up on the map.

This is in Sanctuary (where Codsworth currently is), and I have two other companions right now - Cait (currently with me), and Dogmeat (in Sanctuary).

Attached is the save file. (Edit: Removed)

On 1/28/2017 at 4:01 PM, Arthmoor said:

The only thing changed was the incorrect condition on her offering to buy fertilizer from you when you have it. Otherwise she won't offer that dialogue. The reason she never offered it before was already explained in the changelog entry.

Returned to Dr. Penske with a bag of fertilizer in my inventory. She still doesn't offer to buy fertilizer. She only repeats her thank you for saving Austin lines.

This was just after 8pm, and she was in her quarters, if the daily work schedule makes a difference.