[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch [UFO4P]

Arthmoor

Testing the new beta and have had several conversations incorrectly end one line of dialogue and start the next.

Had also happen this with Preston Garvey on several occasions. But this started back in patch 1.6 already and is unlikely to have anything to do with UFO4P.

Beta updated - Fixed a race condition in resource damage calculations.

oh, the bridge now works properly but it still lacks a proper lod, or maybe my view distance setting is not high enough?

Gkq3e00.jpg
mEc9OGc.jpg

EDIT - yep, you may want to check if the lod was disabled aswell, because there is a lod before destroying the institute

XGADKyM.jpg
N7Zq8IK.jpg

Nothing I can do about the LOD. It's either going to be there or it's not.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, last time i've read this forum I remember there was a nasty bug with settlers (randomly changing appearance/inventory reset/etc) - is it fixed now? Tried to find this thread, but I must be blind. Also heard something about settlers cannot be recruited via beacon and you cant assign them, but I guess it's all been fixed (I was away from a game for a while).

And a question about unofficial patches for DLC - have you decided what to do with it? Will be there AIO patch (similar to USLEEP) or something different? Maybe even some ETA?

The radio beacon still recruits settlers but you can't turn the beacon off. Even if you delete the beacon it still runs the radio station

And the happiness meter is glitched, so all it does now is show happiness in 10 digits. so pretty much 10 20 30 40 50 etc. and the up/down arrow doesn't show up until after happiness changes.

The radio beacon still recruits settlers but you can't turn the beacon off. Even if you delete the beacon it still runs the radio station

Yes, but settler recuitment and radio beacon control are different things. they are not even handled by the same script. The recuitment code only checks for a beacon at the respective location before trying to create a new actor.  Everything beacon-related (i.e. object-specific)  is still vanilla (i.e. has never been touched by UFO4P). There is a thread on this somewhere in this forum (but I can't remember where).

And the happiness meter is glitched, so all it does now is show happiness in 10 digits. so pretty much 10 20 30 40 50 etc. and the up/down arrow doesn't show up until after happiness changes.

That's in the user interface code. The scripts still provide precise happiness values (I'm running the game with all workshop-related scripts recompiled in debug mode and a few script modifications to make sure that the workshop-specific logs stay turned on. That way, I get happiness data directly from the scripts every time a happiness value changes). How the values are handled by the code that displays them is out of reach to us. That code is not in a papyrus script but runs at engine level.

You probably have to blame Bethesda for this, as they appear to have made massive changes to the user interfaces in patches 1.6 and 1.7.

Hey guys, last time i've read this forum I remember there was a nasty bug with settlers (randomly changing appearance/inventory reset/etc) - is it fixed now?

This thread has all the gory details:

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4542-unofficial-fallout-4-patch-ufo4p-takes-an-arrow-in-the-knee/

Also heard something about settlers cannot be recruited via beacon and you cant assign them, but I guess it's all been fixed.

Information on that is in this very thread. Just check the previous page.

Dunno how I overlooked it, thanks. Good to know it's been solved.

Yes, but settler recuitment and radio beacon control are different things. they are not even handled by the same script. The recuitment code only checks for a beacon at the respective location before trying to create a new actor. 

For clarification - the only side effect of this is that radio station will continue to play no matter what? Or when beacon is build it will continue to recruit settlers and you can't stop this process? Slightly confused, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Time constraints. That's about it. Plus I want to get the chance to play through Nuka-World without spoiling half of it looking at stuff in the CK :P

EDIT: Also needed the Nuka-World scripts which only came out in a CK update an hour ago.

This more of a heads up than anything.. but if anyone remembers the respawn and weapon drop bug from Skyrim, I believe the former has found its way back in Fallout 4, while the latter is a variant of it.

I noticed in Concord, and the museum, that pipe pistols do not clean up, nor do the short double-barrel shotguns. They just accumulate over time. Furthermore, when the cell resets, these weapons in their inventory on death seem to increment.. like Pipe Auto Pistol(2), etc and going up with each cell reset. ONLY with these two weapons I have observed this behaviour, and it happens in the Concord cell area too.

I observed this behavior in another area but right now don't remember.. but it was the same two weapons. When you kill the NPCs with these weapons, the weapon drops, but never cleans up.

As for the respawn.. just noticing in my game that spawns that used to function properly before, have stopped working over time.

Currently in my game, there's about 15 pipe pistols on the floor after several resets. And I'm one of those people that visit old areas just to kill things.

That issue should have been cleaned up by Patch 1.6. It won't retroactively clean up old ones that dropped in places before that, but I've observed that it does in fact clean them up in everything that drops afterward. For instances, if this were still an issue, I'd have guns laying around all over the place in the raider town part of Nuka-World. They're gone now that the corpses have cleaned up, which is what's supposed to happen.

Yes, I just read your topic on known engine bugs and such and saw that info, I'm not sure why it's happening in my game when I'm on the current patch. The corpses are cleaning up though. It is the weapons and just those two, that aren't. My saves have not been bloating though, been averaging 15mb and my play time is 120 hours and I've been all over the map. Maybe I need to verify my files.

Verified. 2 files were missing. The only thing this did however was reset my ini file. Going back to the museum after sleeping 4 days(the GMST is 72hrs for cell respawn but..) and nothing has changed, and now there is 7 pistols on the floor after killing the next batch and resetting again.For now, the best thing I can do(may setup a mod for this) is to pick them all up and then dump them in a container that respawns, effectively destroying them.

You could always scrap them too, they've got lots of useful parts. Not sure what to tell you on why they're not disappearing unless the museum is a norest zone (I haven't looked).

• 3 weeks later...

UFO4P version 1.0.6 is now in beta. Second post has the details.

This will be our last non-unified update. Going forward from here, all future updates will require all 6 of the official DLCs. The reasons for this are many, but suffice it to say that it's simply too big of a workload to attempt to maintain individual patches for each one over the course of the project. I realize not everyone may have all 6, but that's the only practical solution to the problem of how to deal with inter-DLC conflicts and the number of archives individual patches would require maintaining. Not to mention the high probability that there would be problems with making sure the load order fit together nicely.

We will not be changing the filename either. It will continue to remain the same throughout the life of the project. Yes, I am aware this may mean Bethesda.net uploads will autoupdate to something you may not have all of the DLCs for, but that's just going to have to be lived with.

Version 1.0.6 will remain available via Nexus as an unsupported file. It will get no further updates for any reason, but we're also not going to open up new file entries for the unified patch either.

This particular beta needs special attention paid to the Minutemen radiant quests. It's been set up so that if you refuse Preston's offer to join them, he won't give out Minuteman radiant quests to you at all. You will still be able to take settlements in the normal fashion, but he won't be sending you to do so until you actively choose to join the faction. It's nto entirely clear whether all the methods for getting these quests have been found so it needs more eyes on it to be sure.

Thanks Arthmoor & team for the UFO4P update!

So if I am currently subscribed to the patch via bethesda.net, I will automatically receive the unified patch once it is released, correct? Or would I have to subscribe to a new/different patch?

Also, would it be possible to include the current patch version number in the bethesda.net patch description (if it is not too much of a hassle)? 

I support the move to a unified UF04 patch. It just makes things simpler for everyone involved. It also helps with load order space. Fallout titles seem to turn into a rats nest of compatibility patches.. Unfortunately.

Something I've noticed, the UFO4 iterations have much smaller change-logs than Skyrim has had. Is that because Fallout 4 has had much better QA testing behind it, CK limitations, or just less people working on fixing things?

Thanks Arthmoor & team for the UFO4P update!

So if I am currently subscribed to the patch via bethesda.net, I will automatically receive the unified patch once it is released, correct? Or would I have to subscribe to a new/different patch?

Also, would it be possible to include the current patch version number in the bethesda.net patch description (if it is not too much of a hassle)?

Yep, the Bethesda.net copy will automatically update to the unified patch when that comes out. That's going to be awhile though.

As far as the version number, that should be getting displayed in the in-game mods menu. I'll have to check that again to see.

Something I've noticed, the UFO4 iterations have much smaller change-logs than Skyrim has had. Is that because Fallout 4 has had much better QA testing behind it, CK limitations, or just less people working on fixing things?

It's partly because there's less of us working on it, partly because there don't seem to be as many actual bugs, and partly because what's fixable is more complex to trace through. Especially quests, which all run dialogue through the scene system now and have lots of places things can get fired off. There's also engine limitations still in place we can't get around that make it next to impossible to do stuff like mesh fixes.

Thanks to all of you for the fixes you've made and are working on.  Are quest fixes like "Emogene Takes a Lover" possible to fix (she disappears to her room and you can't access to progress unless you use the console)?  And can workshop ownership issues like the turrets in Covenant be fixed?

The primary build zone triggers for Starlight Drive-In and Jamaica Plain were mysteriously disabled by Patch 1.6 with a script Bethesda added to them for no reason. UFO4P will attempt to rearm these triggers, but due to the way Papyrus works this may not last and any saves where those settlements can no longer be built on will be permanently damaged. (Bug #21186)

What does the portion I've bolded here mean? Does it mean that, if I start a new game with 1.0.6, there's a chance those settlements might spontaneously break anyway?