[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch [UFO4P]

Arthmoor

Update 1.6 appears to have added a property to the WorkshopParent quest, which UFO4P is then removing. Is it important?

P5nSI38.png

Update 1.6 appears to have added a property to the WorkshopParent quest, which UFO4P is then removing. Is it important?

Well, it shouldn't cause any problems; you're using the UFO4P version of the script, which doesn't have any code for that property anyway. Knowing whether or not it's important would require having the source code for 1.6's version of the script, which we'll probably have to wait for the next CK update to get.

Ah crap, missed that, but yes, we really do need to figure out what they did with that and account for it.

Quick Hotfix issued:

Quest Fixes

• A new property and function call were added in Patch 1.6 for workshop exclusions when selecting a settlement for a new NPC to go to. These changes have now been merged with our edits.

Perk & Stat Fixes

• The level 5 sneak perk should not be applying the invisibility effect to Dogmeat since he apparently stays invisible longer than would be expected.

There actually are quite a bit more changes to the civil war scripts. Not all edits are tagged though.

Here's a full list:

*WorkshopNPCScript:

- the float property "multiResourceProduction" has been made conditional.

*WorkshopScript:

- a new group of properties has been added: "WorkshopRadioData".

- in group "Optional", a new bool property has been added: "AllowBrahminRecruitment" (this is to exclude specific workshops from attracting brahmins)

- This 'brahmin property' is used in the DailyUpdateAttractNewSettlers function.

*WorkshopParentScript:

- Two new custom events have been added: "WorkshopActorCaravanAssign" and "WorkshopActorCaravanUnassign"

- These new events are sent in the AssignCaravanActorPUBLIC and UnassignActor functions

- The UpdateRadioObject function got a major overhaul (this is were the new workshop radio data from WorkshopScript are actually used)

- The new form list "WorkshopSettlementMenuExcludeList" has been added. This is used in the AddActorToWorkshopPlayerChoice function.

Yes, but they didn't issue the CK update until this afternoon, so it wasn't obvious.

Package 1.0.4b is now up with their additions and changes in place.

Couple of possible issues with UFO4P:

1. The 10mm long magazine cannot be reattached after being removed from a weapon found on an enemy. Tried moving it from my inventory to workbench, and exiting and reentering the workbench. Keep getting the popup to create a new one,

2. Just came across Kelly for the 1st time with this character and the popup does not appear to select a location for the brahmin. Her dialog just continues with the "thank you..." as if you did select a location.

Couple of possible issues with UFO4P:

[...]

2. Just came across Kelly for the 1st time with this character and the popup does not appear to select a location for the brahmin. Her dialog just continues with the "thank you..." as if you did select a location.

I had the similar problem with the farmer attacking by dogs random encounter. I was able to get reward 1st time, but when I met him 2nd time he is only says "Yes?" (that means, that the game just thinks that I am rewarded already) and nothing happens. Looks like this is the problem only with UFO4P, because I switched to vanilla next and there was no such problem with the farmer, he's rewarding correctly 2nd time.

If anyone wants to take a crack at this thing and see if they can spot the problem, please feel free: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/1818-broken-ai-pack-from-ufo4p-104/

Just heed the warning about using it on a game you want to keep :P

From the Nexus forum:

Took a look at your AI Pack.esp and narrowed down the trouble spot even further. I went through the "UFO4PWorkshopSandboxAtRelaxLocationAndGuardArea" template and played around with the procedure tree. The only difference between your edits and vanilla was under the "Simultaneous" branch "Procedure: Sandbox". I changed it back to "Procedure: Travel" and so far it seems to have resolved things.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3502925-the-unofficial-fallout-4-patch/?p=40358325

Not sure where to talk about this, but I just wanted to give you a heads up about the last version of Fallout4translator I am working on (1.0beta9):

I added the fuz support (with full masterdependency) with audio output to dialogs line.

I think this can be  helpful for anyone who want to check which fuz belong to which dialog line, on the fly (and also for all translators around there).

With UFO4P 1.0.4c active, the radio beacon will stop to spawn free settlers. Instead, WorkshopRadioBeaconRecruitScript throws a well-known error (well-known to me at least):

[07/17/2016 - 08:57:51AM] error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 4, got 3.
stack:
    [WorkshopRadioBeaconRecruit (00176327)].WorkshopRadioBeaconRecruitScript.OnTimerGameTime() - "g:\_F4\Art\Raw\ScriptsMilestone\WorkshopRadioBeaconRecruitScript.psc" Line 31

To clarify matters: radio beacon recruitment includes two different procedures:

(1) Once the beacon has been built, WorkshopRadioBeaconRecruitScript is started via a short timer and then spawns 1-3 "free" settlers immediately (that's what has stopped working now).

(2) Additional settlers are recruited by the DailyUpdate function on WorkshopScript. This function checks whether a radio beacon is present at the respective settlement and only then proceeds with creating new settlers on a random basis.

Workshop - DECORATIONS > WALL DECORATIONS > POSTERS

This sub category of the workshop (vanilla + all available DLCs) contains 82 posters, but I think that it should be only 41 posters and that each of the 41 posters has two displayed entries. Basically the whole list of 41 posters repeats itself once. Would that be something for the UFO4P?

If your refering to what I think you are I believe those come in two different versions, I haven't checked them out in game much but I saw the developer walkthrough of the DLC and they showed they came in two versions with different lighting effects basically.

There actually are quite a bit more changes to the civil war scripts. Not all edits are tagged though.

Here's a full list:

In general, how does the unofficial patch team check to see if undocumented changes in an official patch conflict (are being overwritten) with older changes in the unofficial patch?  Do you have any automated source/db comparisons?  Testcases initialized from mod-free mid-level save games?  Or is the team reliant on manual examination of patch notes and the CK?

That seems like a major challenge and real source of potential problems, especially for settler/workshop issues.  The amount of scripting the UFO4P changes is a bit scary, as the 1.0.4 release and "arrow to the knee to people's savegames" showed.

Thanks for carefully analyzing script issues, Sclero.

Once again, I feel compelled to repeat: The settler debacle was NOT a scripting error. That was an AI pack issue tied to undocumented old code in the game engine. We already have developer confirmation of this and it's been addressed. They just haven't fixed the underlying issue, so it's still there for OTHER people to stumble over.

As for how we go about tracking changes, when Bethesda updates the CK source code, I take the new archives and dump those into a folder containing the unaltered vanilla and DLC scripts for that update. I then run that folder through KDiff3 and compare it to the previous updates to the source code. Any changes found there are then incorporated into any scripts we've modified. I know that sounds clumsy but we can't put their code in a public repository for version tracking because that would be illegal.

Testing is usually done (at least on my end) against a variety of saves at different points in the game that have never been exposed to any mods, including the UFO4P. Thus far none of those saves has manifested any of the currently reported issues with settlers (ie: not being able to assign, radio beacon failing, etc). I do also use saves that have had the UFO4P attached, but had to wipe most of those out once the AI pack issue contaminated them.

Just an FYI: We now have confirmation that the engine bug where user generated ESM files would load before official DLC has been fixed. I have personally tested it on a save with no exposure to mods or DLC.

* Set UFO4P to ESM flagged.

* Deleted plugins.txt.

* Went into the game's mod UI.

* Selected UFO4P as the only active mod.

* Loaded the game.

* Saved.

Result: All official DLC listed in the proper order with UFO4P following immediately after, as expected.

With this in mind, our next release will be converting to an ESM flagged file but we will retain the ESP filename in order to maintain proper compatibility. Please note this will not encompass any DLC work yet as we still need to see where Nuka-World is going to leave us before making that decision.

With UFO4P 1.0.4c active, the radio beacon will stop to spawn free settlers. Instead, WorkshopRadioBeaconRecruitScript throws a well-known error (well-known to me at least):

[07/17/2016 - 08:57:51AM] error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 4, got 3.

stack:

[WorkshopRadioBeaconRecruit (00176327)].WorkshopRadioBeaconRecruitScript.OnTimerGameTime() - "g:\_F4\Art\Raw\ScriptsMilestone\WorkshopRadioBeaconRecruitScript.psc" Line 31

To clarify matters: radio beacon recruitment includes two different procedures:

(1) Once the beacon has been built, WorkshopRadioBeaconRecruitScript is started via a short timer and then spawns 1-3 "free" settlers immediately (that's what has stopped working now).

(2) Additional settlers are recruited by the DailyUpdate function on WorkshopScript. This function checks whether a radio beacon is present at the respective settlement and only then proceeds with creating new settlers on a random basis.

this is now cross-referenced in the discussion at:

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4542-unofficial-fallout-4-patch-ufo4p-takes-an-arrow-in-the-knee/?p=162271

UFO4P 1.0.5 Beta has been released. Second post has the details.

Wasn't really wanting to do this without a CK update, but Bethesda dropped the ball on that and here we are. Considering the numerous things fixed in Workshop scripts, I figure this is better than letting the old code continue to bitrot through another weekend. We'll remain in beta at least until they get the CK update out and we have Papyrus source to compare.

We are aware of a possible issue with the Spotlight scripts and those are being worked on as well.

00084b8f: Bridge section incorrectly set to disable when the Institute is blown up. (Bug #20879)

A new game is required? Because it's still showing up as destroyed

wDGmzww.jpg

Try waiting on the cells to respawn, but if that doesn't work, then yes, a new game would be required.

Testing the new beta and have had several conversations incorrectly end one line of dialogue and start the next.

The Secret of Cabot House: Cait stopped talking twice when entering for the first time, then finished on the 3rd attempt.

Jack Cabot stopped and skipped when at his office terminal.

BoS Police HQ, Haylen and Rhys: Both when turning in quests(before accepting the next) stopped one line and skipped to the next line.

Thanks again for continuing the work on this.  :construction:

Beta for 1.0.5 has been updated. The 1.7 version of the CK is out, script sources in hand, merged changes from WorkshopNPCScript, WorkshopParentScript, and LegendaryItemQuestScript.

@DaRogMan: I can't see how the script debugging that was done could have caused something like that to happen. Especially since we haven't done anything to the BoS HQ one.