[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch [UFO4P]

Arthmoor

Thank you for answering Sclerocephalus.   Shame that, ah well another hope dashed lol.

Edit. I have a follower who is adding to the population count twice over in the same Far Harbor settlement  (Longfellows Cabin). Although he's living at a Commonwealth Settlement and farming carrots or something.   Sigh. 

Some buggy thing with the DLC presumably, either that or the settlement itself has a bug.  

Large brick wall to bang my head against is requested please.......mutters to herself and wanders off to do a restart with no followers and no settlements (for the sake of my sanity it should probably be no Game).

Please file a bug entry on the tracker.

Is the bug tracker the appropriate place to report a problem with the 1.0.3 beta patch? I found a scripting problem that results in all workshop functionality breaking due to an infinite loop involving the edit lock.

EDIT: Well, I can't think of a good reason why not, so I'll just do it and if that turns out not to be correct procedure, then my bad.

Yeah, that's fine. It's what betas are for too, to catch unforeseen stuff like this.

Started a new character with 1.03 installed. Just began settlement building and cannot assign settlers to crops. The settler will run over to and stand on top of the crop, but the assign button does not disappear. Have tried leaving the settlement and returning. Starlight and Sanctuary both affected. So different settlers as well.

Selected the store button on the crops, left, did a quest, and the crops are not in the workshop.

Also, during the Sanctuary quest, the beds and water pumps, had to be moved after initially being placed. Only then did the percent complete advance. 

I did start to build Starlight before diong the Museum of Freedom quest.

Could these bugs have been due to changes from this mod?

Started a new character with 1.03 installed. Just began settlement building and cannot assign settlers to crops. The settler will run over to and stand on top of the crop, but the assign button does not disappear. Have tried leaving the settlement and returning. Starlight and Sanctuary both affected. So different settlers as well.

Selected the store button on the crops, left, did a quest, and the crops are not in the workshop.

Also, during the Sanctuary quest, the beds and water pumps, had to be moved after initially being placed. Only then did the percent complete advance. 

I did start to build Starlight before diong the Museum of Freedom quest.

Could these bugs have been due to changes from this mod?

Same bug I mentioned above.

Same bug I mentioned above.

Thank you for the reply. Would removing the mod reset the script? If so, would a period of time need to pass in game?

In previous games, advice was to wait or sleep 24 hrs or 7 days.

Thank you for the reply. Would removing the mod reset the script? If so, would a period of time need to pass in game?

In previous games, advice was to wait or sleep 24 hrs or 7 days.

I don't recommend trying to fix a save file exhibiting the problem. For one thing, just removing the problem script won't fix it as the bugged version of the function would still be running (it's stored in the save file, and it never returned, so it would still be caught in an endless loop). For another thing, even if you could manage to release the edit lock, every single workshop action attempted since the edit lock started would still be queued up.

What you should do is revert to OFO4P 1.02 and either start a new file, or load a file from before you activated a recruitment beacon in an empty settlement. If you're really sad about losing your save file, remember that this is the sort of risk you take on whenever you use a beta version.

I don't recommend trying to fix a save file exhibiting the problem. For one thing, just removing the problem script won't fix it as the bugged version of the function would still be running (it's stored in the save file, and it never returned, so it would still be caught in an endless loop). For another thing, even if you could manage to release the edit lock, every single workshop action attempted since the edit lock started would still be queued up.

What you should do is revert to OFO4P 1.02 and either start a new file, or load a file from before you activated a recruitment beacon in an empty settlement. If you're really sad about losing your save file, remember that this is the sort of risk you take on whenever you use a beta version.

Thanks for the explanation. Good information to know about the change being permanent in the save file and before the beacon. I was thinking entering the cell or getting the map marker for the first time. 

It was only 13.5 hours in the new character. After 500 in F3, 1400 in F:NV, and so far 1200 in F4. I'm definitely not done.

Ah the joys of ßeta testing  :P

The Prydwen has a settlement icon on the map even though there is no workshop listed for it and there is never any possibility to send settlers to it. (Bug #19905)

This fix doesn't work in the latest patch (1.5.416)

That fix hasn't been removed, so make sure you don't have something blocking it in your load order.

I don't think I have something blocking it, but here's a screenshot of loot, if you see something wrong please let me know

t8FENUY.jpg

If that Scrap Grinder mod touches location entries, it could do that.

The UFO4P 1.0.3 beta has been updated. Some fixes for settlement scripting getting stuck along with a couple of other additional things. We'll be extending this for another week at least to allow for proper testing.

Please note that this now requires Fallout 4 version 1.5.416.

We have *NOT* tested it with the brand new 1.6 beta yet so if you're on that branch, proceed with caution.

Scrapgrinder is a scavenging station that scraps junk, but anyway, I just tried loading a save with ONLY the beta 1.0.3 patch enabled and the problem persists. Plus, boston airport ruins reports as a settlement too.

Could be the wasteland workshop DLC, since that is about settlements (I don't have it, so I can't tell you for sure).

Nevermind.

Scrapgrinder is a scavenging station that scraps junk, but anyway, I just tried loading a save with ONLY the beta 1.0.3 patch enabled and the problem persists. Plus, boston airport ruins reports as a settlement too.

Don't see how. That fix has not been reverted. Something else has to be blocking it.

It seems we won't have to worry about converting the patch for the PlayStation 4 in the near future as Hines tweeted that the beta for mods on PS4 has been delayed without giving any more details than that.

There wasn't much of a "conversion" to be done, just pack a separate archive for it.

Wonder what Sony sprung on them that caused the delay?

so I reverted back to 1.5.157 and the prydwen settlement bugfix does apply correctly, my guess is bethesda changed something with the recent updates that is invalidating your fix

Wonder what Sony sprung on them that caused the delay?

I think Bethesda chose to delay it because of all the issues reported previously, ie. no sound file support, 900 MB size limit, plus the performance and memory issues caused.

I'm betting they wanted to avoid having performance issues on the PlayStation, again. Too many in the console crowd remember Skyrim after release on PS3. Having Fallout 4 succumb to that wouldn't bode too well on their impending releases, especially the Skyrim special edition. Might make people think twice before spending their money, at least on the platform prone to lag and freezes.

Perhaps I'm overly hopeful, thinking that they'd want to fix things before beta release. Maybe it was Sony that told them that they can't have a slide show running on their platform. We'll probably never know.

Maybe Sony shouldn't have imposed such a stupid restriction on things to start with :troll:

I recently started Fallout 4 and i immediately installed this awesome unofficial patch :)

Thank you for making it.

If you can please explain, i got two questions:

1. In your latest unofficial patches how does Armor penetration/pierce actually work?

I have read in several places that Armor pierce is bugged and actually much weaker than intended - is that changed/fixed by your unofficial patches?

2. I have read conflicting statements on how poison/burning/bleeding/explosive effects on weapons work, and i don't know has your patch changed any of it.

Some say that every bullet will place a new stack of the debuff on the same target, while others say that it just refreshes the duration without adding new (stacking) damage?

Also how do pellet/shotgun type of weapons work with such effects - does every pellet apply a stacking burn/poison/bleed/explosive debuff on the same target?

Thank you for helping out :)

Version 1.03 is now live. Enjoy!

• Like 3

Version 1.0.4 of the UFO4P has been released - playing catch-up with Bethesda's unexpected rapid release of Patch 1.6. First post has the details.