[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch [UFO4P]

Arthmoor

Arthmoor,

so, just to sumarize, we just don't know FOR SURE, should be Dogmeat counted in Lone Wanderer perk or not, is this bug or feature, so you just fixed a load screen message to make things consistent FOR NOW. Looks logical. Thanks for explanation.

You misunderstood if you think anyone is disputing that he's a companion. The dispute (what there is of it) is about whether or not he should count against the Lone Wanderer perk. Which the implementation details make explicitly clear he was not supposed to so that's why we fixed the load screen text instead.

All this other stuff you're seeing put forth as evidence isn't addressing the proper issue which is why we're not even considering it.

Okay, so if nobody is disputing that he's a companion, then certainly you've read the perk description, right?

It reads:

"Who needs friends, anyway? When adventuring without a companion, you take 15% less damage and carry weight increases by 50."

If Dogmeat is a companion, and the perk only works "without a companion," why is Dogmeat excluded? Why is there an undocumented exception to the rule?

What foundation do you have to claim that Dogmeat, who is a companion, is excluded from the "without a companion" clause of the perk's very own description?

I'm not talking about the load screen text anymore. I'm talking about the perk's description.

Arthmoor is not a Bethesda developer, that's the foundation, I think.

I am totally sure, it's a bug, but only someone from Bethesda can confirm.

However, UFO4P is about "undamaging" fixes, and this one looks too "heavy" to make any decisions. :-) Just my opinion.

1. Sarcasm as a form of parody? New one on me. Not really worth continuing to argue about though.

2. Why do users assume forum admins don't know where you're posting from? I never insisted everyone else online is an American, but nice try, considering what country your IP history says you hail from :P (hint: if you're gonna troll by country, be sure you aren't leaving a trail)

3. Parody is not grounds. Insults are. Again, nice try.

4. Nobody is saying Todd Howard is a schmuck. I am saying he doesn't know the details of the exact implementations of everything that goes into his game. You are basing your assessment of the situation on some wildly generalized press interviews for game journalists who like brief sound bites for their readers/viewers.

5. Um. I hate to be a bore, but we DID say we felt we made the right decision. Several times. I can't help it if the blinders you're wearing aren't letting you see that.

1. Probably a good choice

2. Oh shit. I forgot you could see my IP. Now if only you knew about these things called proxies... oh well, I must be lying!

3. If I can get banned it will be for calling people out on their BS. Banning me for doing so is just another indicator of severe insecurity, social retardation, or autism.

4. The fact of the matter is you are positioning yourself as a higher authority on the DESIGN of the game than the guy who DESIGNED the game, and then finding ad hoc or straw man excuses on why you can safely disregard him.

5. Yeah, you did say that, otherwise we wouldn't be having this friendly debate. But after saying that, you continued to argue about why the facts aren't good enough. So obviously being right is important to you. Put your foot down, say that your decision stands, no matter the facts, even if Todd himself said you were wrong, and I'll respectfully shut up because it's your mod and your decision. But if you want to argue facts and logic, insisting that your decision is the logical one, stop hand-waving away the facts and logic.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a question regarding load order. Description on nexus page says that general load order must be followed and all that, but my plugins.txt doesn't contain fallout4.esm and/or dlcs. Only warning about modify it and *ufo4p.esp line. Should I manually fill it? I guess not, but better to be sure.

Best would be to use a mod manager and do your load ordering there and not worry about the txts.

Thing is - I don't use any mods but UFO4P, so there is no reason to have NMM or something like that. Just need a clarification on that. I assume that fallout loads dlc the same way as skyrim loads update.esm, so it's not necessarily to have them in plugins.txt, but again - wanna be sure.

You can use the in-game load order tool to set it, yes even though you only have the one mod. That will generate the proper plugins.txt file when you're done.

The in-game menu won't add the DLCs to the list, they get autoloaded by the game if you have them. So the UFO4P would end up the only thing listed in the file.

The in-game menu won't add the DLCs to the list, they get autoloaded by the game if you have them. So the UFO4P would end up the only thing listed in the file.

You confused me with this again :| After I set it through in-game menu there is only UFO4P line in plugins.txt and I was asking should it actually be filled with Fallout4.esm and/or DLC.esm's manually. According to hlp post - yes, I should specify them (and probably set to read only). IF I understand that correctly, of course.

So it end up like that:

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm
*DLCCoast.esm
*Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp

Or I leave it with *Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp line only < that I was think the right way leave it until I read hlp post.

I'm sorry if that's kinda dumb questions here.

It only requires UFO4P to be listed, but there's no harm in having the official content listed there either.

You are making this harder for yourself than it needs to be​.

Don't modify the file manually.

The fallout.esm obviously works, otherwise the game would crash.

I bet it's easy to confirm for you, that the dlc also work.

If you only want the UFO4P, the ingame mod tool is good enough and you shouldn't have to worry about the ini file.

If you are interested in how the ini file works, again, use the ingame mod manager to fiddle with the loadorder and see what happens.

How did you end up in that folder fiddling with that file anyway?

FO4 changed a few things of what is listed in the ini files and what isn't. There's always a lot of misconception about what is right or wrong when doing this manually, especially if a game is still fresh and being patched (which might change things at any time). The official tools usually work, and in case of doubt, Arthmoor is always right :P

You are making this harder for yourself than it needs to be​.

Don't modify the file manually.

The fallout.esm obviously works, otherwise the game would crash.

I bet it's easy to confirm for you, that the dlc also work.

If you only want the UFO4P, the ingame mod tool is good enough and you shouldn't have to worry about the ini file.

If you are interested in how the ini file works, again, use the ingame mod manager to fiddle with the loadorder and see what happens.

How did you end up in that folder fiddling with that file anyway?

Well, i'm not that new to modding beth games, so I have basic knowledge of files \ mechanics.

As I said - it all starts from nexus UFO4P description. Particularly this:

After installing the mods, the following general load order needs to be followed:

Fallout4.esm
[Official DLCs]
[Other ESM Files]
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
[The rest of your mods]

As you can see there is Fallout4.esm and DLC's specified and I didn't find these in my plugins.txt which leads to questions. I assume, that this discription comes from one of skyrim patches and it's not important, but again - wanna to be sure. That's it.

And yes, of course I understand that fallout4.esm load by default, DLC.esm loads even if they not listed, I actually said that in above post, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the file. Especially when installation requirements says so and hlp says they should be. 

All in all - I was slightly confused by this description, now it's clear. Thanks everyone :rolleyes:

FO4 changed a few things of what is listed in the ini files and what isn't. There's always a lot of misconception about what is right or wrong when doing this manually, especially if a game is still fresh and being patched (which might change things at any time). The official tools usually work, and in case of doubt, Arthmoor is always right  :P

Exactly. Fallout changed what listed in plugins.txt and I was come here to ask your advice, cause It's probably best place for that kind of questions. 

pretty sure that line is for NMM users.

I guess that could be more clear, but then again, i guess most people use a mod manager nowadays, too.

Version 1.0.3 of the UFO4P has been released for beta testing. Second post has the details.

Heavy on scripts this time around, and this was released at this stage because we're stepping on official fixes and need to not be doing that. So please hammer this puppy out as much as possible. Sclerocephalus has been working his butt off to fix a whole lot of stuff, but most especially some very extensive work on getting the settlement scripts to behave themselves properly.

This beta is also being made available for PS4 testing when they get started in a week or 2.

We expect this testing for PC to run for at minimum a week, longer if any changes are needed before then.

AFAIK, PS4 mods can have sounds BUT they must be encoded so as they fit the Sony proprietary format/standards. BGS said they're working with Sony to find an agreement, but I'm afraid there's not much to be done here if this requires the use of non-free licensed dlls or material. And corporations licensed tools/material can sometimes be very expensive (even something as simple as a font can cost several hundreds $)...

I guess we'll have to worry about that when we get to the point of possibly needing to fix a sound? I assume that's not just a proprietary thing for voice recordings?

Hi all.

This is a bit of a two parter.  A posible bug and also asking for help with a consol fix.

I am currently using Expired66978 Unlimited CompanionFramework http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11829/? and a user has posted on an issue which I think is a vanilla bug - just MUCH more obvious when you have more than 1 follower.

The bug occurs when you dismiss a follower to a settlement. The settlement gets an increased population which seems reasonable but it doesn't go back down if you take the follower back. The knock on effect is that if you sent them to another settlement in the future their presence is counted in the population there as well.  and so on ad infinitum

With one follower is probably just  minor irritant but with more than one you can end up with  scenario where  a settlement could have massive numbers of unassigned population and no way to assign them as they don't live there and you can't move them from where they do live or the situation will just turn into a merry go round.  I believe this is present in the vanilla game but with it just being 1 unassigned I really didn't pay much attention to it or report it.

So that's reporting the possible bug.

My question is, is there a consol command that would remove a follower from the individual workshop faction of whatever settlement he is listed as being a member of? Would that work at least as a temporary in game fix for those of us playing with PC's.  If such a command exists could some kind soul write it and where to get a list of the workshop settlement factions?  Or is there any other work round anyone could suggest?

Appreciate the later part is nothing to do with UFP, but I hope no one minds too much, you're all such a brainy bunch that its first place I think to ask a question of this nature   :)

My question is, is there a consol command that would remove a follower from the individual workshop faction of whatever settlement he is listed as being a member of? Would that work at least as a temporary in game fix for those of us playing with PC's.  If such a command exists could some kind soul write it and where to get a list of the workshop settlement factions?  Or is there any other work round anyone could suggest?

All of this is scripted. While there may be ways to alter the values of script properties by console commands, I would not recommend doing it as it only leads to even more problems in the long run.

Thank you for answering Sclerocephalus.   Shame that, ah well another hope dashed lol.

Edit. I have a follower who is adding to the population count twice over in the same Far Harbor settlement  (Longfellows Cabin). Although he's living at a Commonwealth Settlement and farming carrots or something.   Sigh. 

Some buggy thing with the DLC presumably, either that or the settlement itself has a bug.  

Large brick wall to bang my head against is requested please.......mutters to herself and wanders off to do a restart with no followers and no settlements (for the sake of my sanity it should probably be no Game).

The fix for P.A.M. continually asking you to take the quest to destroy the BOS squads after the main story ending where you only destroy the Institute is working.

Initially she had her usual calculating/i'm busy responses over and over. Then after my second or third visit post installing this ßeta patch, Drummer boy said she wanted to see me. Sure enough she offered me a courser removal mission.

So happy, thank you for all you folks do  :banana: