[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch [UFO4P]

Arthmoor

Pete Hines is not a developer though. That's not conclusive enough as evidence.

Pete Hines is not a developer though. That's not conclusive enough as evidence.

I do enjoy the fact that you dismiss any evidence I provide while at the same time providing no evidence for altering the load screen text.

That's a good point. Sorry to doubt you, sometimes I forget that you are a better source of knowledge than Pete Hines.

Your arrogance is ASTOUNDING.

Official Article: Fallout 4 – Dogmeat & Other Companions

• "Dogmeat is just one of around a dozen companions in Fallout 4, including Mister Handy, Piper and Preston Garvey."
  • "How did the team at Bethesda Game Studios build such a beloved canine companion?"

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-dogmeat-and-other-companions/2015/09/21/29

Official Video: Fallout 4 – Dogmeat & Other Companions

• "He's your follower, your actual companion, in the game. There's a number of them, not just the dog." (0:55) —Todd Howard
  • "You've seen Mister Handy? He's one of the OTHER companions." (1:09) —Todd Howard

https://youtu.be/uonUCBk70JA

Official Video: Fallout 4 - Behind the Scenes with Dogmeat

Video description:

"Meet River, the German Shepherd of Fallout 4's lead level designer, Joel Burgess. Through work with the team at Bethesda Game Studios, River stars in Fallout 4 as the iconic canine companion, Dogmeat."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgY5kTWxDuI

Jax, if all you're going to do is shitpost, you won't stay here for long.

"Dogmeat is just one of around a dozen companions in Fallout 4, including Mister Handy, Piper and Preston Garvey."

"How did the team at Bethesda Game Studios build such a beloved canine companion?"

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-dogmeat-and-other-companions/2015/09/21/29

"He's your follower, your actual companion, in the game. There's a number of them, not just the dog." (0:55) —Todd Howard

"You've seen Mister Handy? He's one of the OTHER companions." (1:09) —Todd Howard

https://youtu.be/uonUCBk70JA

Your inability to recognize generalized marketing material is astounding :P

• The first rank of the Attack Dog perk also refers to Dogmeat as "your faithful canine companion."

In the Official Vault Dweller's Survival Guide, under Companion Perks, the text reads "you receive a unique perk from each of them (except Dogmeat)." (Page 26)

In the Official Vault Dweller's Survival Guide, under You're Not Alone: Companions, there is a table entry for Dogmeat alongside the other companions. (Page 29)

In the Official Vault Dweller's Survival Guide, under Main Quest: Act I, there is a box labeled "Companion: Dogmeat." (Page 111)

In the Official Vault Dweller's Survival Guide, under [1.03] Red Rocket Truck Stop, there is a bulleted item with the text "Companion: Dogmeat." (Page 258)

In the Official Vault Dweller's Survival Guide, under Appendix V: The Commonwealth Collection (Location Index), there is a table with a column labeled "Companion" and a row labeled "Red Rocket Truck Stop," you can find "Dogmeat" listed in that row and in that column. (Page 539)

You've been around long enough to know that the history of accuracy in "official" guides published by Prima that their information is often highly suspect, if not outright wrong by the time the games they cover actually get released. They are not a source we ever use when considering bug reports.

I can think of only one exception during all of USLEEP where information in the guide was considered when fixing something and that was merely to get the appropriate name for a perk settled rather than a development implementation of something.

You've been around long enough to know that the history of accuracy in "official" guides published by Prima that their information is often highly suspect, if not outright wrong by the time the games they cover actually get released. They are not a source we ever use when considering bug reports.

I can think of only one exception during all of USLEEP where information in the guide was considered when fixing something and that was merely to get the appropriate name for a perk settled rather than a development implementation of something.

LOL. You'll make any excuse to dismiss the possibility that you're wrong. At this point, it is your burden to prove that Dogmeat is not a companion in the face of an overwhelming amount of written and oral evidence to the contrary.

Spin it however you like. You have yet to meet the burden required of you.

Spin it however you like. You have yet to meet the burden required of you.

I already did. Many times over.

I'm a little confused. Shit posting adds nothing to the conversation. I was using parody as a form of protest, which is my right as a human being. Are you going to silence my voice of dissent because I choose to use humor instead of logic (because THAT'S working so well...).

You were using sarcasm and insults, not parody. You should learn the difference.

You also won't win any points with "my right as a human being" arguments. Your First Amendment rights don't apply on a privately run forum.

If you give us grounds to silence you, it will be because you are violating the rules you agreed to when joining the site.

I already did. Many times over.

No, you linked to a bunch of promotional material that has nothing to do with implementation details that you know Pete and Todd aren't going to be aware of.

1. Sarcasm is a form of parody. I apologize if you felt insulted, I just call it as I see it.

2. I never said a thing about first amendment anything. Why do you americans always insist that everyone else online must also be an american?

3. If a little parody is grounds to silence me, you might want to re-examine your site, your beliefs and yourself.

4. A game director isn't some schmuck. He is the one who makes the overarching design. He doesn't write descriptions, he doesn't implement perks; he tells the rest of the team: "This perk will only work if the player has no companions" and "These characters are companions."

5. The worst part is that if you had just said: "I feel like this is the right decision so I'm going to do it" I would have respected that. You dismissing all of the evidence and then swearing you haven't seen any evidence sounds to me like the ravings of a man crippled with insecurity but, hey, what do I know. You could be a woman with insecurity. Or an old bastard living on social security.

1. Sarcasm as a form of parody? New one on me. Not really worth continuing to argue about though.

2. Why do users assume forum admins don't know where you're posting from? I never insisted everyone else online is an American, but nice try, considering what country your IP history says you hail from :P (hint: if you're gonna troll by country, be sure you aren't leaving a trail)

3. Parody is not grounds. Insults are. Again, nice try.

4. Nobody is saying Todd Howard is a schmuck. I am saying he doesn't know the details of the exact implementations of everything that goes into his game. You are basing your assessment of the situation on some wildly generalized press interviews for game journalists who like brief sound bites for their readers/viewers.

5. Um. I hate to be a bore, but we DID say we felt we made the right decision. Several times. I can't help it if the blinders you're wearing aren't letting you see that.

Dogmeat is in the companion faction and benefits from the Inspirational perk.

• Inspirational - Rank 1: "Because you lead by example, your companion does more damage in combat, and cannot hurt you."
  • Inspirational - Rank 2: "Your companion resists more damage in combat, and can't be harmed by your attacks."
  • Inspirational - Rank 3: "Your companion can carry more items."

I guess you ought to to remove Dogmeat from the companion faction, and remove the CompanionInspirational perk from him as well, since he's not a companion.

Oh, Dogmeat also benefits from the Astoundingly Awesome #15 perk: "You canine companion takes 10% less damage." Must be a typo!

Another typo here! Attack Dog - Rank 1: "Your faithful canine companion can hold an enemy, giving you a greater chance to hit them in V.A.T.S."

So many typos! Gotta fix 'em all, Arthmoor!

Now you're just trolling. Guess I'll just ignore you now.

I just provided more evidence! More evidence that you, again, dismissed for reasons that don't make any more sense than the rest.

I think you ought to retire from these patch projects. You're clearly the wrong person to be maintaining them.

I just provided more evidence! More evidence that you, again, dismissed for reasons that don't make any more sense than the rest.

I think you ought to retire from these patch projects. You're clearly the wrong person to be maintaining them.

You should make a screenshot of this thread and post it as 'evidence' on reddit or something. Or if you really want to get your hands dirty, post it as image on your dogmeat mod. Wait until i get the popcorn.

Btw: Arthmoors thickheadedness is what qualifies him as team lead for the project. It allowed him to keep the project moving forward for years, something seldom seen in hobby communities. This quality far outweighs any issues that rise from his thickheadedness. Getting pissed at individual disputes or caught up by minor details is what would e.g. disqualify you.

Yeah, because clearly disagreeing with you is of such moral wrong that I can't possibly be the right one to run the project. Nope, no sir, dubh says I have to retire because I don't agree with him! :rolleyes:

I, for one, sincerely hope Arthmoor does not take your advice, Fireundubh. He has forgotten more about the inner workings of Bethesda games than most will ever know.

I respect you as a mod author...Master of Disguise is one of the best concepts for a mod ever made, IMO.

But settle down, please.

This is one item in dispute, and even if you disagree with it, it is his call to make as the leader of the team.

It has been a pretty above-board debate between you two, for the most part, but who can fault Arthmoor for getting frustrated when others come in to the debate and start throwing insults around (as I read a few posts up).

Add that to the fact that I assume mod and patch creators (like yourself and Arthmoor) do it as a hobby, one that is supposed to be pleasurable. Has anyone given you this much grief over one item in one of your projects, Fireundubh? If so, how did you handle it?

Anyway, I'm no mod author, but it just seems like common sense that everyone is getting way too worked up over nothing. On a project that is supposed to be enjoyable for the creators.

Just my two cents.

Yeah, because clearly disagreeing with you is of such moral wrong that I can't possibly be the right one to run the project. Nope, no sir, dubh says I have to retire because I don't agree with him! :rolleyes:

I thought you were ignoring me.  :imp:

Strange discussion, of course Dogmeat is a companion. There's even a message upon completion of Reunions at Fort Hagen: "Dog is available to be your companion".

See screenshot:

http://postimg.org/image/hfya2e6l7/

I love it. One more to add to the pile.

edit: Added to: Here's why the Lone Wanderer perk should not work with Dogmeat

Strange discussion, of course Dogmeat is a companion. There's even a message upon completion of Reunions at Fort Hagen: "Dog is available to be your companion".

See screenshot:

http://postimg.org/image/hfya2e6l7/

You misunderstood if you think anyone is disputing that he's a companion. The dispute (what there is of it) is about whether or not he should count against the Lone Wanderer perk. Which the implementation details make explicitly clear he was not supposed to so that's why we fixed the load screen text instead.

All this other stuff you're seeing put forth as evidence isn't addressing the proper issue which is why we're not even considering it.