Looking for help: Bound Armory Meshes

VaultDuke

Hello All,

I am currently updating my mod Bound Armory together with Nokturnihs to release as "Bound Armory - Bound Swappable Weapons Edition".

The first release can be seen here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72708/?

So while we were at it, i thought it might be nice to rework the meshes as well. Sadly, i have no experience when it come to actual tough mesh work, that excedes changing some settings in Nifskope.

The main issue with the meshes is the Bound Crossbow which is based off a mesh from DJJojo. If you look into the mesh folder inside the BSA of Bound Armory BSW, you'll realize that it takes up roughly half the size of the complete mod, and in Nifskope you can see that it is split into myriards of sub-nodes. Is there a way to "merge" them together, to take up less space and memory, without breaking the animations and functionality?

We'd me immensely glad if someone could help us with this.

Thank you a lot.

Ok, I've looked at the mesh in question. I feel it's as optimized as it's going to be. There are a lot of NiTriShapes but there needs to be, as they use different textures so no they cannot easily be combined. It would take a lot of work to combine the pieces and stitch together a new texture file to combine everything, for minimal savings.

It's a large custom weapon, with animation. The file size isn't that surprising.

Oh, that makes sense with the texture files, i didn't realize that. Thank you for taking a look. Too bad the mesh can't be helped. Sure, the size is not frightening per se, but if you compare it to the size of all the others, it sticks out :D