Karliah Glitch, Thieves Guild

TheyCallMe_Mustard

I'm trying to complete the thieves guild quest for one of my characters, I'm at the part where we are going to be initiated as a nightingale but Karliah keeps walking away in the wrong direction when we get up the gate, i downloaded the unofficial skyrim patch for the legendary edition but it still didn't fix the issue

This is something that has been reported in the past but we've never been able to reproduce it. Are you able to upload and provide a link to a save file so that we can take a look at it? Assuming this is an issue in the vanilla game and not caused by another mod that would be the only way we would be able to reproduce and fix it.

I have fixed this issue using console commands, however it would be nice to have a permanent solution to this issue for future characters. I'm not sure how to upload a save file  for I am not the best with computers, if this happens again I will try and upload the save file once I know how to.

Any time I've done this quest with a follower mod installed (AFT  usually), I've had this happen as well.  Have been playing without multi-follower mods for about a year now and never had it happen.  I tried using Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks on a new playthrough, more recently and sure enough it happened again. 

• 9 months later...

I am playing on the console and this issue has been happening to me also. The first time it happened I was able to load a previous save and was able to complete the quest. But now I am not able to do that. When I played on the xbox 360 I never came across this issue. Since I am playing on the console I am not sure how I can help except say that I have noticed that Karliah will pause at the entrance turn around and then turn around again and start the conversation script when this happens the glitch will happen. I also noticed that some times while she is walking along the path she will teleport back to the entrance. I am not sure if mods are the cause but if it helps some of you smart and mod savvy people I will post what mods I am using......  

The power of the dragonborn, Dwarven luggage, ......

OK just noticed I do have a follower mod installed... I will try removeing the dwarven luggage from my save and see if that help....