[Bug] Trainer Merchant not providing Levels

Kakashi

Hello,

Had this issue today.  I have correctly installed and setup S.T.E.P. with the unofficial skyrim patch.  Anyways was trying to buy levels from Grelka in Rifton and I noticed that I was spending coin on levels, but wasn't given any levels.  The funny thing is that I didn't realize it was happening until later on when I went to train again.  I googled my issue and found the answer here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/63946877/715604552  Indeed I was really close to leveling to the next level of light armor, so I just went into the wild to have one of the spiders attack me.  Once I was attacked, I went from 48 to 52 instantly.  The issue is resolved.  Just figured to post it, incase someone can fix it for the next patch update =] 

Unfortunately that's a known engine issue that's been reported before. At a certain skill level each trainer apparently has the possibility for that to happen. Nothing we could do about that. The only solution is basically what you did - go out and advance it the regular way.