2 mods crashing my game

ferferga

I posted some time ago a bug in TracDown about USLEEP and immersive citizens crashing my game under strange conditions. As Arthmoor stated (and he is right), the bug isn't related to USLEEP at all, so he closed the bug. He offered me to post here my problem, so we can sort it out  :innocent: . Thank you very much Arthmoor and sorry for the inconveniences!  :geek: .

I was using Skyrim with your patches since a long time ago, with a pirate copy, and as I love it, I decided to purchase it (Legendary Edition, of course). I was running your patch without any problem in the pirate version of Skyrim, but since I erased all the data of the previous installation and installed through Steam, the game won't run anymore with your patch.

I've read in Nexus that yes, the patch shouldn't cause any CTD, but I've been one entire week uninstalling the game and installing again the game, trying mods one by one, and with USLEEP, no matter if alone or with mods, it always crash after a few seconds of Bethesda logo. Another mod I'm trying to install and that crashes is Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul (I will contact him as well), but for the rest of mods, tried one by one, and altogether, no issues, just USLEEP and Immersive Citizens.

I tried with Mod Organizer, NMM and manual install without success. TESVEdit doesn't give any problem as well. Tried without Steam overlay. Tried with versions coming from Workshop and from Nexus.

Here it is my load order (without USLEEP. When I tested with USLEEP, I placed it below Dragonborn.esm):

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
Campfire.esm
notice board.esp
TouringCarriages.esp
SkyUI.esp
BVFE_Serana.esp
Realistic Teeth Dawnguard Serana Vampire Fix.esp
El_WayfarersCoat.esp
EveryVampireEyesGrow.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp
HearthfireMultiKid.esp
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
NoAnimalsReportCrimes-DG+DB.esp
LandLord_.esp
InteractiveWashBasinsCOMPLETE.esp
Vath.esp
SimplyKnock.esp
Frostfall.esp
Provincial Courier Service.esp
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp
Immersive Music Temples.esp
Immersive Music.esp
notice board - dragonborn patch.esp
FNIS.esp
CrimeDecay.esp
DVA - Dynamic Vampire Appearance.esp
Clanking Armor.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
RSChildren_PlayableOverride.esp
Better Vampires.esp

Archives.txt:

Skyrim - Misc.bsa
Skyrim - Shaders.bsa
Skyrim - Textures.bsa
Skyrim - Interface.bsa
Skyrim - Animations.bsa
Skyrim - Meshes.bsa
Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
Skyrim - Voices.bsa
Update.bsa
HearthFires.bsa
Dragonborn.bsa
Dawnguard.bsa
SkyUI.bsa
Frostfall.bsa
Campfire.bsa
DVA - Dynamic Vampire Appearance.bsa
Clanking Armor.bsa
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.bsa
SimplyKnock.bsa
LandLord_.bsa
notice board.bsa
Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.bsa
Provincial Courier Service.bsa
HearthfireMultiKid.bsa
TouringCarriages.bsa

Mod list (Mod Organizer):

+Touring Carriages
-Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
+FNIS Output
+RS Children Overhaul
+PapyrusUtil - Modders Scripting Utility Functions
-All Homes Remodeled
+RaceCompatibility with fixes
+Better Vampires 7.1
+Hearthfire multiple adoptions - Now with custom home support for kids and spouse
+Provincial Courier Service
+Breezehome FullyUpgradable
+Wayfarer's Coat
+Vath Firehall - Nord Guard of Whiterun Companion
+The Notice Board - Dragonborn Patch
+The Notice Board
+NARC - No Animals Report Crimes
+Landlord
-Port of Windstad Loft
-Port of Windstad
-Lakeview Extended - Hearthfire
-Interactive Wash Basins For Hearthfire
+Interactive Wash Basins COMPLETE
+Simply Knock
+Immersive Music by Hothtrooper44
+Better Beast Races v2
+Detailed Lips
+No More Blocky Faces
+High Quality Eyes
+Detailed Bodies
+Detailed Faces v2
+XCE - Brows
+XCE - Dawnguard
+XCE - Warpaint and Dirt
+XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement
+Drinking Fountains of Skyrim
-Immersive College of Winterhold
+Immersive Animations
+Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS
-Castle Volkihar Rebuilt
-Civil War Repairs
+Clanking Armor
+DVA Dynamic Vampire Appearance
+Crash fixes
+Crime Bounty Decay
+Campfire - Complete Camping System
+Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival SkyUI Addon
+Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival
+ApachiiSkyHair_Male
+ApachiiSkyHair_Female
+ApachiiSkyHair
+Fang Replacer for Realistic Teeth
+BVFE - Serana and Family
+Dawnguard Glowing Vampire Eye Fix - All Races
+Female Vampires Have Fangs
+Realistic Teeth
+A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads
+SkyUI
+ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer
-Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
*Unmanaged: Dawnguard
*Unmanaged: Dragonborn
*Unmanaged: HearthFires

In the original text, I was using MO, but I moved again to NMM. Anyway, no matter if using MO or NMM (and as it's stated in the text), Skyrim crashes with USLEEP (alone) and with Immersive Citizens (alone) or both of them together. I checked as well what Arthmoor told me:

Crashing at the logo has only a couple of pretty specific reasons:

1. Missing master. Wrye Bash could tell you that instantly with little effort.

2. Patch file referencing invalid forms. Often caused by not regenerating a Bashed Patch, or not running FNIS after every mod is installed and ready.

3. Translation files that don't match the current version of the game, or a translated edition looking for files that don't exist.

You should also dump all your old saves and all of the ini files from the My Documents folder for the game. A "complete reinstall" usually tosses those out, but not if it doesn't know they were there.

After dumping the folder, the CTD is still present, unfortunately.

I'm really desesperated :wallbash:  because I want to play it, but I don't really know why it doesn't work. The only point I doubt about it is 3. But anyway, Steam should provide me the latest translations, right?  :facepalm:

Thank you very much in advance!  :innocent:

You can't assume Steam to provide the latest translation for a mod, it's up for the mod author to upload the latest translation for a mod onto Steam.

The only advice I can give you is to scrap both MO and NMM for now then reinstall Skyrim from scratch and only install mods via Wrye Bash, because you must use Wrye Bash to get a stable modded game even if you're using MO.

How it's for NMM though, I cannot comment since I don't use it.

Yeah, ^ and start a new install with just USLEEP and Skyrim, definitely no other mods installed. If the old save doesn't load, you could try cleaning it. If the game still doesn't load, ditch the save and start a new game. It sounds like the save is borked anyhow.

Yeah, ^ and start a new install with just USLEEP and Skyrim, definitely no other mods installed. If the old save doesn't load, you could try cleaning it. If the game still doesn't load, ditch the save and start a new game. It sounds like the save is borked anyhow.

I've uninstalled the game many times and tried with USLEEP only. Always crashing...

You can't assume Steam to provide the latest translation for a mod, it's up for the mod author to upload the latest translation for a mod onto Steam.

The only advice I can give you is to scrap both MO and NMM for now then reinstall Skyrim from scratch and only install mods via Wrye Bash, because you must use Wrye Bash to get a stable modded game even if you're using MO.

How it's for NMM though, I cannot comment since I don't use it.

Oh, I thought about the game's translation... Then, I suppose that the missing translation is from USLEEP or Immersive Citizens... Both crashes my game, together or alone. I've tried as well with the original and the translated version of USLEEP (to Spanish, by vagonumero12)

Anyway, I will recheck everything in another computer (I'm tired of reinstalling everything many times, so I will take a look elsewhere  :innocent: .

Your copy of Skyrim Legendary Edition, what lanague is it?

I assume it's English, but if it isn't then there must be one mod or two maybe a few more mods that doesn't work with an English Skyrim.

No, it's Spanish. Anyway, in my pirate copy, I had all my mod setup working perfectly, so, unless the pirate copy had different translations, I don't know what could happen.

Thank you very much for all your assistance! Highly appreciated!

I hate to tell you this, but I think you need to buy the English Skyrim otherwise your current loadorder will still have issues unless you remove both USLEEP and Immersive Citizens.

I hate to tell you this, but I think you need to buy the English Skyrim otherwise your current loadorder will still have issues unless you remove both USLEEP and Immersive Citizens.

There is no "English" Skyrim to buy, fortunately. Every Skyrim user can change the language in game properties. I always play Skyrim in English, even though I'm a French man with a beret and a glass of wine. ;)

I finally didn't need to change the languague in Skyrim. And yes, Elgar is true, there is no need to buy it again XD. The solution for me was to remove the d3d9.dll from my Skyrim directory, coming from ENB Series. So much time for testing and that is!  :wallbash: . At least I can ask, why does ENB crash the game with USLEEP? I had an older version in my pirate copy, I will see what happens with that version...

i think you need to install the full DX9 redistributable (june 2010) for all these d3d9.dll mods to work propperly. at least i needed to do that on my rigs with win 7 and 8.1 (win 10 these mods seem to work without installing full dx9)

I didn't needed it in any system, just worked fine, but I agree with you that was better to have it installed, so there is a lower chance of messing things. I installed the DX9 Redist anyway (many times actually) and rebooted without success. I also tried older versions with crashing as well... I sincerely don't know what could happen...

But that's an ENB issue, so if you can't help me here, I can close the thread and ask in the ENB forums...

I didn't needed it in any system, just worked fine, but I agree with you that was better to have it installed, so there is a lower chance of messing things. I installed the DX9 Redist anyway (many times actually) and rebooted without success. I also tried older versions with crashing as well... I sincerely don't know what could happen...

But that's an ENB issue, so if you can't help me here, I can close the thread and ask in the ENB forums...

IIRC you don't need to reboot your computer after you finish the DirectX 9.0c installation.  I think you need to delete Skyrim.ini in order to generate another Skyrim.ini via the Skyrim launcher (not SKSE) then click options.

Also try to clean Windows registry for registered ENB entries and sometimes doing that might help.

EDIT:  I just found this thread about ENB.