[WIP] FO4LODGen now included in xEdit

Sheson

@Objir

This is most likely caused by the game being installed into the specially protected windows folder Program Files (x86) and LODGen.exe being prevented from properly accessing files (BSA files in this case), despite running as admin.

You can check which file is causing the error by opening a cmd prompt and running LODGen manually and adding --verbose to the command line (you can copy/paste command line to start LODGen.exe from FO4Edit_log.txt.

"D:\Fallout 4\SSEEdit_3da194b\Edit Scripts\LODGen.exe" "D:\Fallout 4\SSEEdit_3da194b\Edit Scripts\LODGen.txt" --verbose

it will then print lines like 
Using C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2

To quickly test if Program Files (x86) is the problem, you could copy the last BSA file mentioned before the error to another non special windows folder and change the Resource= to it in LODGen.txt, then run the same manual command again and see if it read that one OK and now fails at the next BSA in Program Files (x86)

If it reads the BSA all nicely, then it might be a specific BSA file with an unknown format or that is otherwise corrupted. Running with --verbose should reveal the problematic BSA too obviously.

@Sheson Thank you very much for the method! I have found that Fallout4 - Voices.ba2 is to blame.

Here is the weird part:

I did what you said : copy Fallout4 - Voices.ba2 to another non special windows folder and change the Resource= to it in LODGen.txt. No luck. Then I redownload the file from steam and tried that again. Still no luck. Finally I removed the "Resource=" line for Fallout4 - Voices.ba2 and the problem is gone.

So I can now generate Lod properly after I move Fallout4 - Voices.ba2 to elsewhere temporarily.

Fallout4 - Voices.ba2 is of a size of 2.4GB so I think it is due to my only 8GB RAM ?

Anyway Thank you again!

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to mention that I had the exact same problem as Objir (LODGeneratorCMD has stopped working) and simply moving Fallout4 - Voices.ba2 temporarily out of the data folder before running FO4LODgen fixed the issue for me as well. My game is not located anywhere near the windows program files folder (entirely different partition in fact) and neither is FO4LODGen.exe and I'm running FO4LODGen.exe through MO2 (latest build from their discord). The game's language is english as is that of Windows.

What might also be interesting is that I also successfully generated LODs for all available DLCs during LOD generation but I left the DLC voices.ba2s in the data folder and they didn't cause any errors, only the Fallout4 - Voices.ba2 from the base game seems to be causing issues.

I have to say that i gave up on my LODs - each time i try to enter Diamond City my game CTD for no reason.. Maybe im overlooking something, but i totally lost motivation to continue working on my greenmod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I used this script a long while back to generate LOD for my mods, when it wasn't implemented with xEdit. Do you by chance have the version that was released before it was implemented? For whatever reason I can't get it working now that it's implimented, keeps spitting out a memory error. I've attached the image in case you can give me any insight as of to what I'm doing wrong. I checked all my LOD's with the CK, and it said they were fine and LOD ready so I don't think that the LOD meshes are the issue.

EDIT: It only gets to about 94 -96 .bto files before crashing out.

BUG.JPG

On 31.03.2018 at 8:39 AM, Spiffyskytrooper said:

So, I used this script a long while back to generate LOD for my mods, when it wasn't implemented with xEdit. Do you by chance have the version that was released before it was implemented? For whatever reason I can't get it working now that it's implimented, keeps spitting out a memory error. I've attached the image in case you can give me any insight as of to what I'm doing wrong. I checked all my LOD's with the CK, and it said they were fine and LOD ready so I don't think that the LOD meshes are the issue.

Sheson will reply there faster http://forum.step-project.com/topic/12466-fo4lodgen/