Problems with the Forbidden Legend

lmstearn

My problem was a little different from most of the others.

Both Jyrik's fragment and Mikrul's fragment have been recovered, but in taking the final fragment from Sigdis, the quest didn't update. The stages completed were

1 1
9 1
30 1
31 1
33 1
Doing a setstage dunGauldursonQST 32 keeps the quest alive. Jyriks' was recovered ages ago, but isn't the engine supposed to keep a track on that? Bye & bye the save has previously been put through the wringer with the save cleaner so that might account for it.

Are referring to both Saarthal and Geirmund's Hall for Jyrik and Mikrul respectively?

If that's the case did you read an adventurer's journal found in Folgunthur , is located west of Ustengrav.

Yes, it's in my inventory. Pretty sure that was picked up and read at the "right time" -given that there would ever be the inclination to accept the proposition of being puppy walked through it all by the UESP. :P

I assume you join the College of Winterhold since Saarthal is a quest locked location for Arngeir's random "Find a word of power" quest(s) and he doesn't give you any quest locked location in such quests.

I've not personally had a problem with completing the quest no matter which order I gather the fragments.

Just noticed that your "SQS" output indicates stages 7 and 8 have not been completed which (according to what I'm seeing in the Creation Kit) would be the stages where you recover the fragments from Mikrul in Folgunthur and Sigdus in Gerimund's Hall. This is odd considering you mentioned Jyrik's and Mikrul's fragments are the two you have recovered. The log does indicate stage 9 has been completed though which is Jyrik's fragment in Saarthal so something strange appears to be going on.

Just noticed that your "SQS" output indicates stages 7 and 8 have not been completed which (according to what I'm seeing in the Creation Kit) would be the stages where you recover the fragments from Mikrul in Folgunthur and Sigdus in Gerimund's Hall. This is odd considering you mentioned Jyrik's and Mikrul's fragments are the two you have recovered. The log does indicate stage 9 has been completed though which is Jyrik's fragment in Saarthal so something strange appears to be going on.

Ah, does this mean you need to read the "Writ of sealing" note or similar in order to get those quest stages via a journal update.

EDIT:  I just read the "Writ of sealing" note and got a journal update about investigating the cryptic message found on Daynas Dralen, I think it's the name for the dead NPC found in Folgunthur.