[Skyrim] Quick questions and quick answers

Leonardo

Haven't seen LocRefType used outside a quest.

Go ahead and attach the script to the NPC and see if it works. The game doesn't care whether he has any scripts unless he's someone special, i.e. an alias.

Eventually, I figure it out and it turned out to be the "Respawns" check box checked in the "Map Marker" tab in the static Map Marker object.

I unchecked the "Respawns" check box for a map marker then I travel there since I couldn't fast travel and killed all enemies there, so when I checked the game map the location was cleared.

But some cells still needs to be cleared, but I haven't figure it out yet how.  I think I know why one cell cannot be cleared out since it has two "E3Demo<Bandit> objects and those two objects doesn't seem to respawn.

But some cells still needs to be cleared, but I haven't figure it out yet how.  I think I know why one cell cannot be cleared out since it has two "E3Demo<Bandit> objects and those two objects doesn't seem to respawn.

If this is a mod, then to respawn an entire location like that is liken unto cutting a piece of cheese with Big Gus. A nightmare with compatibility as one has to search thousands of mods with edits anywhere in those cells.

wb-chainsaw.jpg

Also the location will be marked cleared - until the player next returns, when the same NPC will respawn with the same script- so the location won't be cleared, regardless of the flagged cleared status.

• 1 month later...

I know which console code I need to use when I have an issue in Oblivion and there are like this.

sdt 0
tdt

Are these console codes the same for Skyrim?  Because when I typing that in Oblivion I got a lot of information displayed in-game, but somehow that doesn't happen in Skyrim.  Any ideas why such information doesn't appear in-game?

They never said why even though people asked. So we'll probably never know why they disabled them. The two most useful diagnostic commands too :P

I think it's obvious why Bethesda disabled those commands they doesn't exist in Skyrim, because Papyrus is a different scripting language.

I took quick at the console commands for both Oblivion and Skyrim on UESP.  After a while I found these commands for Skyrim interesting since they seems to be somewhat equal to the commands for Oblivion.

getAV <attribute>
getAVinfo <attribute>

What do you think, are these console commands equal to those console commands for Oblivion?

• 3 weeks later...

I need your help with this post.

Hi this seems like a good idea I can think of a few places that are unmarked that could do with some, In the meantime I took a quick look in xEdit there appear to be a few wild edits that shouldn't be there? The odd cloud or mist effect and a shrine moved slightly a ragdoll data has been altered (not serious) but there is a FXCameraEffectsActivator that appears to have been disabled? Can't see any reason for them so I assume it must be an error. Cheers

Are there any wild edits in my mod at least this post suggests that?

Another thing I need to know is about how do I removed those wild edits, if there are any wild edits in my mod.

EDIT:  This post has the answer.

• 1 month later...

hello every one

is there any way I can import my Sah.jslot (preset made using racemenu) from Skyrim Legendary Edition into the new SSE?

is there any way to do it with out needing to depend mods like racemenu / SKSE ext?

thank you

Sah

I'm assuming the .jslot file is something only RaceMenu can read and since RaceMenu requires SKSE, and SKSE is not available for SSE yet, I'd say no.

I'm assuming the .jslot file is something only RaceMenu can read and since RaceMenu requires SKSE, and SKSE is not available for SSE yet, I'd say no.

its the story of this ones life :(  .......Hana :poke: just between you and me and please dont tell any one OK..........but if you saw how this one looks in vanilla :frantics: 

just lets say it looks like a very bad hair day coupled with a massive hang over

and is stuck in limbo like this until racemenu comes out witch is waiting for the SKSE to come out and this one is stuck waiting for both to get there act together  :facepalm: 

its a nightmare  ........this one cant go out in public or even take a selfie ..........and forget about the magic mirror on the wall ........it CRACKED   :blink: 

PS thanks

Aww, I know its hard to wait when all you can do is sit in the corner of Breezehome hugging your knees and rocking because you can't go out. :teehee:

I hear SKSE guys are making progress. Shouldn't be too long. :)

puts her hand up again :D ...oh oh .... pick me .....pick me  :dancing: 

Hypothetical Question:

if there was to be a contest between some on playing 100% vanilla Vs some one using the Unofficial Patch only (besides the bug fixes) would the later have any tactical advantage over vanilla in any shape or form?

if yes, ruffly how much would that advantage be? ......2% .....5% .....10%

Part 2 ..........would there be any differences across all platforms with only the Patch installed?........is the patch the same? (using the contest scenario as a example, Dead is Dead competitions)

puts her hand up again :D ...oh oh .... pick me .....pick me  :dancing: 

Hypothetical Question:

if there was to be a contest between some on playing 100% vanilla Vs some one using the Unofficial Patch only (besides the bug fixes) would the later have any tactical advantage over vanilla in any shape or form?

if yes, ruffly how much would that advantage be? ......2% .....5% .....10%

Part 2 ..........would there be any differences across all platforms with only the Patch installed?........is the patch the same? (using the contest scenario as a example, Dead is Dead competitions)

OK then .......gives a 10% advantage to the person that uses the Unofficial patch over the vanilla ...............YES /NO?

I thought I had answered this, maybe it was just in my head. :X

Part 1; Tactical advantage? No, 100% no. We don't make changes to the mechanics of the game, we just fix bugs.

Part 2; Yes, the patch is the same across all platforms.

Part 1; Tactical advantage? No, 100% no. We don't make changes to the mechanics of the game, we just fix bugs.

thank you Hana   :wave: .....this one dose that too a lot ......answers a lot of stuff in her head

this question has been debated in Dead is Dead threads ....and there is a mixed reaction.

what has everyone questioning this is that some values are quite different from vanilla Vs Patch

enchanting for an example, using a 25% potion of enchanting to make a ring of 1 x handed damage

you have 50% damage when the Unofficial Patch is used

and only 47% or in vanilla

that 3% can make a big deal of difference when you times it by 4 items = 12% extra damage.

this is the reason this question has been debated and it really wont matter anymore since all platforms can use the patch, it now just becomes a issue of what mods if any should be allowed in Dead is Dead competitions.

would there be any other factors that might change these values in vanilla to be weaker in vanilla?

as the best solution DiD competitions will now use the information from above that there is NO TACTICAL ADVANTAGE using the patch Vs vanilla (because we still have a lot of players that still use the Legendary Edition & cant install mods)

PS has a level 83 game save on the SSE with enchanting at 100 and with no mods installed yet (waiting for SKSE) will do a test again tonight, once in vanilla and then will install the patch and do the test again, will record and let you know what my findings are

OK this one did the test and may have been a little wrong in the numbers quoted (the above fingers are for Legendary Edition)

Enchanting in vanilla with a 25% potion will give you ONLY 45% extra damage

Enchanting with the Patch using a 25% potion will give you a 50% extra damage

the difference is a good 5% per item ............times that by 4 items and you have a good 20% extra damage compared to the vanilla by just installing the Unofficial Patch.

IMPORTANT EVIDENCE (NOTE no other mods installed to affect outcome) https://youtu.be/aylJAEQXTAI

So what is happening here ..........the figures if you know maths are correct using the Patch ..........some one in Bethesda must of failed maths at school because the difference is a WHOPPING 20% (4 items)

In Dead is Dead competitions that is a very big tactical advantage ...........So can some one explain what is going on and how many other stats are affected?

this is going to blow Dead is Dead threads oout of the water ...........results achieved using patch Vs Vanilla will have to be reexamined .............heck I just shot my self in the foot because I have won 5 comps under these conditions, .........should have kept my mouth shut & no one would have known

It's quite possible than in the course of fixing a bug, it leads to the correct amount of damage, or bonus, or something else being applied. There are also situations where fixing a bug will lead to the opposite, which is all we ever hear complaints about as you might imagine :P

This isn't something we go out of our way to do, but if the CK changes the results because we fixed an ingredient's duration or a weapon's sound value or something we don't go out of our way to second guess it and revert the extra change either. The reasoning being that the internal game formulas know what they're doing so we have no basis for overriding it. Which wouldn't do much good anyway since it would just get recalculated when the mod is saved on its next update.

Oh, and percentages are not additive the way you're talking about. A 5% bonus remains a 5% bonus throughout. It doesn't provide you with a 20% kick because you landed 4 blows at 5% each. Do the math, you'll see the over all result is 5% more in whatever case you're looking at.

It's quite possible than in the course of fixing a bug, it leads to the correct amount of damage, or bonus, or something else being applied. There are also situations where fixing a bug will lead to the opposite, which is all we ever hear complaints about as you might imagine :P

This isn't something we go out of our way to do, but if the CK changes the results because we fixed an ingredient's duration or a weapon's sound value or something we don't go out of our way to second guess it and revert the extra change either. The reasoning being that the internal game formulas know what they're doing so we have no basis for overriding it. Which wouldn't do much good anyway since it would just get recalculated when the mod is saved on its next update.

Oh, and percentages are not additive the way you're talking about. A 5% bonus remains a 5% bonus throughout. It doesn't provide you with a 20% kick because you landed 4 blows at 5% each. Do the math, you'll see the over all result is 5% more in whatever case you're looking at.

OMG :help: ...........Quick dose any one have a spare Amulet of Mara?  :redface:  ............giggles

thank you so much for the reply Sir Arthmoor :wave:  .............this one is so happy now  :dancing: 

uhmmmm you where saying? :blink: ..............giggles

PS ............the 5% is not per hit but each item enchanted (4 items x 5% in total = 20% gain)

PS 2 ............a Amulet of Mara anyone?

PS 3 ...........ENJOY one of this ones best  https://youtu.be/hxRcC9t_rQk

PS 4 .......... Do you need a games tester?

That was easy to convert the meshes.  The only thing I have left to convert is the dds files, except for re-saving the Amazing Follower Tweaks.esp in the CK-64.

So do I need to use another conversion tool or can I *re-save* the dds files in Paint.NET?

A quick update about AFT.  I manage to convert AFT to SSE and got it activated in-game, so right now I'm playing with AFT just to see if everything works as intended.

Well, now I have another thing I wanted to ask about.  Is it important to have Update.esm as a master for a mod in both SLE and SSE (necessary for SSE?)?

For now I only have Skyrim.esm as a master for the Skyrim Map Markers mod.

So do I need to use another conversion tool or can I *re-save* the dds files in Paint.NET?

Holy hell nooo, Leo dont use Paint.Net, Paint.Net will load some old format DDS files, but not all of them, and in some case it gets loading them wrong too even though they may look ok. The best use for Paint.Net is as a browser of the ones it will load, but it can be used to load them up and save them to a .png ( lossless format ) as an intermediary step to loading it up in something better ..

First - Most of your textures should be fine, if you have not got any land textures to worry about ( which need alphas for SSE ), and you havent got any A1R5G5B5 format or B5G6R5 then your textures will be okay in SSE. If you have any of the latter two format, they can be resaved in A8R8G8B8, R8G8B8, or a format that equates to DXT5 or DXT1.

.. Now to the something better, currently that means Photoshop, using the Intel Texture Works plugin to load and save them.

GIMP with Open Source plugins can load old textures and save them out in compatible formats. But dont be using GIMP with new SSE format textures ( GIMP needs its own version of Intel Texture Works which I dont think anyone is developing yet ).

And similarly you can use NVidia plugins for Photoshop to load up and save out any of the old formats which are still compatible with SSE, but dont be using it to try and create new format textures for SSE ( I found out from Jon it at least gets face normals wrong when loading them up from the new formats )

I dont know of any tools which have been 100% adapted to SSE to convert textures yet .. I think some people have been using the old DDSOpt which needs updating for SSE but people are just winging it and crossing their fingers ( theres at least a couple of wholesale reduction mods out there which have just had the new textures run through DDSOpt and just waiting for enough people to go pointy finger back at the author saying "this crap crashes my game". Someone else grabbed an old tool called Ordinador ( I think ) and just put it up on SSE Nexus ( because the permissions allowed it ) .. Completely clueless but lets give it a go anyway :D madness.

TL:DR : Its a bit bleak if you havent got Photoshop and Intel Texture Works and want to work with the new format textures, but a lot of old textures will be fine, and the new game will load up a lot of the old format textures okay

Everything you need to know about old format textures and links to tools / plugins is here http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4283-all-about-textures/