[Skyrim] Quick questions and quick answers

Leonardo

There is also Achieve That, which tracks miscelleous things. Around 100 different achievments. By default, it gives you small rewards based on completing the achievements, but you can turn that off in the MCM menu.

• 4 months later...

I've been working on a mod for quite some time, but lately I stop working because I cannot figure it out how in earth to prevent NPC's from saying "For god sake, put some clothes on, you are naked." or "It is advised not to stay outside when not wearing clothes." or similar.

Almost everything works, both in CK and in-game (ID and enchantments), but the 'NOT wearing clothes' comment from NPC's in-game is annoying and I want to get rid of those line(s) in a dialogue.for NPC's.  How do I do that? :unsure:

I've been working on a mod for quite some time, but lately I stop working because I cannot figure it out how in earth to prevent NPC's from saying "For god sake, put some clothes on, you are naked." or "It is advised not to stay outside when not wearing clothes." or similar.

Almost everything works, both in CK and in-game (ID and enchantments), but the 'NOT wearing clothes' comment from NPC's in-game is annoying and I want to get rid of those line(s) in a dialogue.for NPC's.  How do I do that? :unsure:

There are a few mods that does just that or something similar on the nexus, for example http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13050/?

Load it up in the CK or TES5Edit for ideas if you haven't already.

There are a few mods that does just that or something similar on the nexus, for example http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13050/?

Load it up in the CK or TES5Edit for ideas if you haven't already.

Hmm... Intresting mod, thanks for the link.  But the permissions for the mod in question rise another question I posted here.

Is this custom clothing in your mod? Make sure the Armor record has proper keywords; ArmorClothing (for clothes) or ArmorCuirass (for armor).

There are also additional keywords for material type, heavy or light, boots, gaunts, helmets, etc.

Sorry for the link. I understand. And thank you both for your answers.

Anyway, I was able to fix the issue ! You gave me idea to check more thoroughly in TES5Edit and, even if there was no change made to quests or whatever stuff except for npcs, I noticed these changes made by USLEEP not forwarded in Bijin Warmaidens :

- Illia was made Unique by USLEEP

- USLEEP gave CrimeFactionRift to Illia

- USLEEP gave different Actor Effects to Illia

- USLEEP gave ImperialRace as Attack Race to Illia

- USLEEP gave different perks to Illia

- USLEEP removed LItemWarlockDagger from Illia

- USLEEP gave DefaultMasterPackageList to Illia

I forwarded all these changes and the problem was solved. Of course I suppose that not all of these were related. Maybe Unique and DefaultMasterPackageList ? Anyway, thank you for your help.

EDIT : I spoke too soon. I still have an issue if I don't actually recruit Illia as a follower. Since it's not a quick question/quick answer anymore, I posted in the USLEEP thread : http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4276-relzwipz-unofficial-skyrim-legendary-edition-patch-usleep/?p=159241

dunDarklightQST is set up improperly. More stages than necessary are set as shut down stages, and the quest allows repeated stages. When the quest stops, it calls all the shut down stages, and if a stage hasn't been called before, it will restart the quest.

Is this custom clothing in your mod? Make sure the Armor record has proper keywords; ArmorClothing (for clothes) or ArmorCuirass (for armor).

There are also additional keywords for material type, heavy or light, boots, gaunts, helmets, etc.

No, it's not custom clothing.

It's just duplicated ID's for the Greybeards clothes and some clothing are plain vanilla, I only change the name for the item with a new ID in the CK, while other clothing has enchantments.

Why I included vanilla clothing is that I would like the player to enchant the *extra* clothes just as a bonus.

The second post in this thread had the information I wanted to know about in the first place and.  I follow the instructions to the letter and so far there have been no comments from NPC saying that the player is naked, so I guess that the posted picture solved my problem with NPC's saying "You're naked" to the player.  Right now I'm testing the mod and it seems to work as intended.

I know the mod probably need a few changes here and there, but as for now the mod is at least playable.  I also took a few pictures just to show how it looks like in-game.

20160623181215 1

20160623225401 1

20160623235653 1

EDIT:  I forgot to mention that, yes I make sure the clothing has the necessary Armor record e.g ArmorClothing, <body parts> (boots, hood), keyword too (Light for the hood and Heavy for the tunica).  Gauntlets doesn't exist as an item in this mod, because I dunno if there are suitable gloves that match the rest of the clothes.  Should such gloves exist in the CK then I would probably added cloves as an extra item when I started to work with the mod.

You shouldn't have to edit any quest dialogue for this, especially if it's only happening with your mod. Something else is wrong.

You shouldn't have to edit any quest dialogue for this, especially if it's only happening with your mod. Something else is wrong.

Why shouldn't I?  Could you elaborate that please, I don't follow you there. 

What exactly do you mean by saying "something else is wrong", I am lost and have no idea what you're talking about? :shrug:

The question is, why should you?

I've created tons of new armors and have never had an issue with those kinds of NPC comments. So there's a reason they are saying it in your mod. Possibly in the way you created the new records. I have no idea, just guessing because I can't see what you've done. If you want to get in deeper here, post pics of your ArmorAddon and Armor records.

You've shown the Greybeard robes here, what other clothing did you do? Do you only get comments on the Greybeard stuff or all of it? Are you possibly wearing something else that might be mod added and missing keywords? Are you using a custom race by chance? Have you had anyone else test your mod to see if they get the same results?

And the main reason you shouldn't change it; conflicts. You know the Rule of One. If more than one mod changes the same thing last mod loaded wins. Then what will you do with bug reports of NPC's saying it?

The question is, why should you?

I've created tons of new armors and have never had an issue with those kinds of NPC comments. So there's a reason they are saying it in your mod. Possibly in the way you created the new records. I have no idea, just guessing because I can't see what you've done. If you want to get in deeper here, post pics of your ArmorAddon and Armor records.

You've shown the Greybeard robes here, what other clothing did you do? Do you only get comments on the Greybeard stuff or all of it? Are you possibly wearing something else that might be mod added and missing keywords? Are you using a custom race by chance? Have you had anyone else test your mod to see if they get the same results?

And the main reason you shouldn't change it; conflicts. You know the Rule of One. If more than one mod changes the same thing last mod loaded wins. Then what will you do with bug reports of NPC's saying it?

Sorry for the late reply, I was too tired last night.

The reason I edit the quest/WICommentNaked record was to remove the "You're naked" comment from NPC's dialogue in-game and so far it worked.

Like I said I do have those Armor records for the Greybeards clothing you mention in your previous post, but I didn't touched the ArmorAddon record.  Am I suppose to edit the ArmorAddon record too?

I also added two amulets with these ID's (DBJeweledAmulet01, DBJeweledAmulet02) and one of them is enchanted, which are duplicated from the vanilla DBJeweledAmulet ID in the CK because the amulet looks cool.

No, I am not using a custom race.  I also use the UnownedChest ID where I put all clothing in the chest and placed the chest behind the 10th stone tablet at High Hrorthgar.

You're right I haven't ask anyone else to test the mod, because I wanted to fix the "You're naked" comment from NPC's in-game by myself.  But if you want to take a closer look at the mod then let me know. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Have just sorted my current loadorder and I wonder if there is anything in that loadorder that you know can cause a mod issue in-game.

Active Mod Files:

* 00  Skyrim.esm
* 01  Update.esm
* 02  Dawnguard.esm
* 03  HearthFires.esm
* 04  Dragonborn.esm
* 05  Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp  [Version 3.0.4]
* 06  Falskaar.esm
* 07  ApachiiHair.esm
* 08  Campfire.esm
* 09  CompanionArissa.esm
* 0A  HighResTexturePack01.esp
* 0B  HighResTexturePack02.esp
* 0C  HighResTexturePack03.esp
* 0D  Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp  [Version 1.2.0]
* 0E  Cutting Room Floor.esp  [Version 2.0.0]
* 0F  FISS.esp
* 10  AMatterOfTime.esp  [Version 2.00]
* 11  Barrels and Crates.esp
* 12  Practice Dummies - Legendary Edition.esp  [Version 1.0.3]
* 13  Ars Metallica - Legendary Edition.esp
* 14  Point The Way.esp  [Version 1.0.8]
* 15  Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 2.0.6]
* 16  Frostfall.esp
* 17  Darkwater Crossing.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
* 18  Bring Out Your Dead - Legendary Edition.esp  [Version 3.0]
* 19  SkyUI.esp
* 1A  Shor's Stone.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
* 1B  Ivarstead.esp  [Version 1.1]
* 1C  Manor Roads.esp  [Version 1.0]
* 1D  Provincial Courier Service.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 1E  Whistling Mine.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
* 1F  TradeBarter.esp
* 20  Kynesgrove.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
* 21  Storefront.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
* 22  Karthwasten.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
* 23  Soljund's Sinkhole.esp  [Version 1.0]
* 24  Bee Hives.esp  [Version 1.0]
* 25  The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp  [Version 1.2.9]
* 26  Bound Wood Axe.esp
* 27  Breezehome Firepit Removed.esp  [Version 1.02]
* 28  Breezehome Loft Crafting.esp
* 29  Grimy Utilities Interface.esp
* 2A  SkyTweak.esp
* 2B  ShockFrostFamiliars.esp
* 2C  Immersive Ingestibles.esp
* ++  randomthunder.esp
* ++  lighterdbs.esp
* ++  doubleloot.esp
* ++  moreloot.esp
* ++  Ulvhild - Nord Housecarl for Lakeview Manor.esp
* ++  sm_stafffencahntingsoulgems.esp
* 2D  Conjure Bound Pickaxe.esp
* 2E  Dawnguard Map Markers.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
* 2F  SimplyKnock.esp
* 30  SeeYouSleepByMadmole.esp
* 31  SkyrimReloaded.esp
* 32  Sliced Bread.esp
* 33  Unlock Spell Tomes.esp
* 34  NightEye.esp
* 35  UIExtensions.esp
* 36  When Vampires Attack.esp  [Version 2.0.6]
* 37  Slof's Unique Frost.esp
* 38  EK_RingLimiter.esp
* 39  Field Alchemy.esp  [Version 2.2.3]
* 3A  moredragonloot.esp
* 3B  DragonHideRobeArmor.esp
* 3C  TimingIsEverything.esp
* 3D  AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
* 3E  Open Cities Skyrim.esp  [Version 2.0.0]
* 3F  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 3.1.4]
* 40  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Also, note that LOOT didn't complained about dirty mods and all official master files have cleaned, in the latest TES5Edit, by following alt3rn1ty's manual cleaning Skyrim master files guide.

Looks good to me. Although you have a couple of mods that alter Breezehome, I'm always wary of that. You'll want to make sure they carry through any HF and USLEEP changes.

Looks good to me. Although you have a couple of mods that alter Breezehome, I'm always wary of that. You'll want to make sure they carry through any HF and USLEEP changes.

Those additions to Breezehome worked in my last game, with both HF+USKP+UHFP+UDBP 2.1.3b installed, so I'm quite sure it will work in this game.

Anyway, thanks for the information about my loadorder. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I want to add a map marker to the docks in Windhelm that's near to the Northern Maiden ship.

How do I do that in the CK without copying the East Empire Company map marker that's beneath Solitude?

If it is easier to copy that vanilla EEC map marker then how do I do that in the CK?

I see this was answered in the BGS QQQA thread as well.

Under Statics, pull the mapmarker into the render window. This CK Wiki page explains what to do from there, bottom of the page, last paragraph.

Well, I don't feel like to go through over 550+ posts just to find it, so in what post can I find the answer.

I read the last section, but I don't understand how to do it without knowning a map marker can be found in Statics in the CK.  Good to know, thanks Hana. :)

I meant your question of this was already answered. ;)

Yeah, I know and read the post.

Btw... I already created a mod in the CK.  Care to try it in-game? :D

Let me know if you think I need to correct the map marker.

I want to know how to make a cell in the CK to be like it's in vanilla on the game map like this.

<- location ->

Cleared

I searched on CK-wiki and found this about Cell Reset.  Is that page relevant to what I mean above?

Yep, the one to look for is here. If there is more than one dungeon linked to a LocRefType, no dungeon is marked cleared until all bosses are dispatched.

Yep, the one to look for is here. If there is more than one dungeon linked to a LocRefType, no dungeon is marked cleared until all bosses are dispatched.

So you're saying that I need a script and it could be a "defaultClearLocationOnDeath" script since I don't use alias nor is there a quest for that location.

So you're saying that I need a script and it could be a "defaultClearLocationOnDeath" script since I don't use alias nor is there a quest for that location.

Haven't seen LocRefType used outside a quest.

If this reference is within a Location, Radiant Story can use its Loc Ref Type to find the reference...

Go ahead and attach the script to the NPC and see if it works. The game doesn't care whether he has any scripts unless he's someone special, i.e. an alias.

Anyone got a quick and efficient tip to detect if a reference would be stolen before the player actually pick it up (from Papyrus, SKSE or not) ? The whole inherited thing checked for both factions and actors look ugly, inefficient, and I'm not even sure I could get it to be a 100% catch.

Edit: Solved my issue with a cheap workaround be detecting the color of the HUD prompt, but it obviously only work for the reference the player is looking at (and fail if a mod removing those prompts is installed).