[Skyrim] Quick questions and quick answers

Leonardo

What the title says...  I thought to start this thread since a quick questions and quick answers thread already exist on BSF.

How do I add an enchanted item to the leveled lists for a mod in CK?

Just the leveled lists for normal loot in chests, but also the leveled lists for items you get when killing a dragon.

EDIT:  I misread your post Hana.  This is just an idea I got the other day to add rings with the same enchantments as the vanilla amulets of the divines and all of those rings is gonna be disenchantable in contrast to the amulets.

Ok, following the trail through the CK, here's how I see it...

After creating your armor records you'll want to work in the Items - LeveledItem list in the Object Window.

* Right-click and create New, give it an ID. This will be your list for your rings.
* Right-click anywhere in the big box and select New. To the right, the Object drop down list will now become available. Use that list to select your ring armor record. Repeat until all of your new rings are listed.
* You'll want to check the boxes Calculate from all levels - PC's level and Calculate for each item in count in the top right.
* Click OK when done.

* To add to dragon loot, find the DeathItemDragon01 record in the leveled item list and open it. Again, right-click in the big box and select New. In the Object drop down list, find the ring leveled list you just created above. Click OK when done.
* To add to chests, etc, that's up to you to decide. Filter on LOOT and you'll see all the records for various loot. For example, you wouldn't want to add it to any "BanditArmor" or "BanditPotion" lists, that wouldn't make sense, but maybe "BanditJewelry". However, I think the easiest way to do this would be to just add your new ring leveled list to the LItemReligiousSymbols list, which is for the amulets, and let the rings spread the same way. This would include vendor lists too.

Make sure you add the Bash tag <relev> to your mod so the bashed patch can pick up the changes to the leveled lists.
(At least I think it's relev ... wryemusings.com has disappeared but someone can correct me if I'm wrong)

Thank you for your quick guide Hana. :unworthy:

I'll read it again tomorrow or when AFK Mods is running more stable, which is NOT the case right now.

You're rcorrect it's Relev since Fligg's Barrels and Crates mod also have the bash tag Relev. ;)

Yes wryemusings.com are now a defunct site, but I think you view it via the Wayback Machine.

When scrolling through the levelled lists I found the LItemSonsSymbol10 levelled list and I wonder what that's for.

Do you know what that lists does in-game and as you can see some religious amulets aren't listed while Amulet of Talos is added three times?

Scratch that...  I think I did the right thing when adding those rings to the levelled lists and I also saved my progress.

But when I loaded the esp into CK it complained about the armor record needs to have a specific Biped Object for the new religious ring ID's.

What does it mean, is it harmless and can I ignore that or do I need to add such a Biped Object for each new ID in CK?

Armor records absolutely need a biped slot so you can equip them. Slot 36 is the ring slot.

Yep, I found that out since I tried the mod in-game.

I really appreciate your help, so I'm gonna to let you test it and let me know if you find anything wrong in the mod.  Of course if you want to test it. :)

I also check it for dirty edits and errors in TES5Edit 3.1.2 and no such thing exists.

Hmm, ok, while it allows me to disenchant the ring, I'm not able to apply the "Blessing" enchantment to anything else. These enchantments are the exact same as any other fortify skill enchantment (for example), so I'm not sure why.

Hmm, ok, while it allows me to disenchant the ring, I'm not able to apply the "Blessing" enchantment to anything else. These enchantments are the exact same as any other fortify skill enchantment (for example), so I'm not sure why.

I can confirm that just try it myself and I notice the same thing as you did.  I don't know how to make it work properly, so I guess I need to wait for someone who knows what I need to do.

In the mean time I'll delete the mod since it serves no purpose for other people to download it just to find out the mod doesn't work as intended.  Damn...

Anyway, thanks for testing it. :)

EDIT:  Have just deleted the mod.

@Hana: All the readme's are at Github

Awww Leo, you just can't give up after one day. Have you tried lists other than LItemReligiousSymbols?

Awww Leo, you just can't give up after one day. Have you tried lists other than LItemReligiousSymbols?

Well in this case I do give up after one day, because the mod doesn't work as intended.

That levelled lists has nothing to do with the problem when disenchanting one of those rings then not being able to enchant anything else.  The issue is about how the enchantment for the religious amulets are designed by Bethesda.

The only thing I know about this is that I cannot use the "Blessing of <Nine of the Divines>" enchantment in CK, instead I think I must use a direct enchantment e.g FortifyHealth or similar in order to get the enchantment for a disenchanted ring to work in the Arcane Enchanter in-game.  That's what problem I have right now.

I tried that and nope it doesn't work, so I gave up trying unless someone who knows something I am not aware of offer their modding experience. Although, I thought my idea were feasible but now I know it was impossible to do in CK.

The only thing I know about this is that I cannot use the "Blessing of <Nine of the Divines>" enchantment in CK, instead I think I must use a direct enchantment e.g FortifyHealth or similar in order to get the enchantment for a disenchanted ring to work in the Arcane Enchanter in-game.  That's what problem I have right now.

• 4 weeks later...

What can explain that a mod which apparently just modifies the apparence of a npc can cause an issue with a quest related to this npc ?

I'm using the very popular Bijin Warmaidens mod which (greatly) beautifies some npcs, and I have an issue with Illia. After killing her mother and recruiting her as a follower, if I talk to her in Darklight Tower I get again the initial dialogue when you meet her for the first time, and I don't have any follower dialogue anymore. If I go through the initial dialogue (when she asks you to help her to kill her mother), the dialogue closes and I get again the follower dialogue.

I don't understand why I have this issue, since according to TES5Edit the quest Repentance (dunDarklightQST) doesn't seem affected by the plugin. If, for testing purpose, I uninstall the plugin before doing the last part of the quest (killing the mother), the issue is solved.

P.S. Since three days rxkx22, the author of the Bijin collection has hidden his mods on Nexus, because he was tired by some users' conduct (not everyone has the patience of Arthmoor and the UP team  :P). The plugin can be downloaded on my onedrive : [Link Redacted]

EDIT : I suspect a link with the 19133 issue : http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/19133-dundarklightqst-not-getting-shut-down-completely/

Edited by Arthmoor
Removed link to mod files.

I appreciate the fact that you wanted to offer the files to be able to try and figure out what's going on, but the author has removed them from download and does not want them being distributed for any reason, so I've pulled the link from your post.

I can't really say for sure what might be causing that since the follower stuff and the quest related to it all deal in dialogue and quest stages and should have nothing to do with the NPC, unless the Bijin mod is somehow causing Ilia to be removed from the proper factions.

Maybe some other mod altering the dialogue topics conditions, and so making these topics unavailable ? Or maybe making some topics with higher priorities popping again because of bad/new conditions ?

Sorry for the link. I understand. And thank you both for your answers.

Anyway, I was able to fix the issue ! You gave me idea to check more thoroughly in TES5Edit and, even if there was no change made to quests or whatever stuff except for npcs, I noticed these changes made by USLEEP not forwarded in Bijin Warmaidens :

- Illia was made Unique by USLEEP

- USLEEP gave CrimeFactionRift to Illia

- USLEEP gave different Actor Effects to Illia

- USLEEP gave ImperialRace as Attack Race to Illia

- USLEEP gave different perks to Illia

- USLEEP removed LItemWarlockDagger from Illia

- USLEEP gave DefaultMasterPackageList to Illia

I forwarded all these changes and the problem was solved. Of course I suppose that not all of these were related. Maybe Unique and DefaultMasterPackageList ? Anyway, thank you for your help.

EDIT : I spoke too soon. I still have an issue if I don't actually recruit Illia as a follower. Since it's not a quick question/quick answer anymore, I posted in the USLEEP thread : http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4276-relzwipz-unofficial-skyrim-legendary-edition-patch-usleep/?p=159241

Here's another "quickie": Looking for a mod that provides extra stats e.g. on all radiant quests completed, followers gained, Thaneship achieved, and current whereabouts of BOSS loot from completed quests. Hmmm, fair bit of record rattling and file crunching there.

Viewable Faction Ranks shows which factions you are a part of, as well as your associated rank with said factions. It also shows which holds you are Thane of, as well as showing which Daedric Princes you are a champion of.

It works through an MCM menu, so SkyUI is needed. STEP has had this included for a while, and I personally find it quite handy.

Ah okay they looking good, thanks. But no record of items from looted boss chests (if not unique). And a note from SkyComplete:

keep in mind that Radiant quests will NOT be marked complete automatically.  You will need to manually mark these quests complete as you see fit.  Due to the way the game handles Radiant quests, it's not possible for SkyComplete to automatically know whether you've completed the quest or not.

Pity really, but I wonder if there is a way around it -but the scan script looks interesting and the tracking of radiant quests sounds good. An idea for a mod would be to enscribe these achievments in a book (or poster?) for a favourite spot in a player home. Also other things like how many times one has entered a particular town or city or how many times one has fast-traveled etc.