[Oblivion] SI quest "Symbols of Office" bug: the clone doesn't appear

cridus

Hi, so, I'm playing shivering isles and I encoutered a rare bug. in the quest "Symbols of Office" the clone that should appear in Milchar doesn't appear. when you enter the Grove of Reflection a quest update (stage 150) should also appear, but it doesn't. advancing the quest to stages 150 and 155 with the console doesn't make the clone appear, either.

I have the UOP, the USIP and the UDP (or is it UDLCP? can't remember) and some mods. I will write the ordered list if it's necessary (sorted with BOSS), but I'm not here much to inform you that the bug exists. it's more about getting past it.

I don't think my oblivion installation is perfect. I tried my best doing everything right but sometimes I found that some bugs that the UOP fixes were still present. also there are quite a number of bugs in the dialogues. it's my fault even though I don't know exactly why (to note: my game isn't in english but I use the original UPs).

now, I found this awful mod that fixes the problem. it's awful because it restores every script in the game (I think) to vanilla.

now I ask: if I modify it with tes4edit so that it only restores the scripts for that quest, will I be able to remove it afterwards without problems? in this quest's scripts, it has a conflict with the USIP and maybe others. I'll check again later.

I tested it without saving and it does "fix" the bug.

thanks for the help.

edit: the only relevant conflicts between the USIP and the mod for this quest are: 

FormId		EditorId
000AEE99	SE11bStandingStoneScript  conflict
00016EB4	SE11bTreeScript		  override without conflicts
00052C36	SE11GroveButtonSCRIPT	  override without conflicts
I tried leaving only these three scripts in the mod and it fixes the bug. is it safe if I only use it this once?

• 2 months later...

up. it's been two months and I'd really like to be able to finish the game for once. I just need to know if in oblivion mods that alter scripts can be safely activated and then deactivated and removed without problems, unlike in skyrim.

It was years I played through the MQ in Shivering Isle and I vaguely remember the quest in question.  Anyway, in case you haven't but try to type this in the console.

player.additem 1363e 1

I assume you have already read through every line about this quest on UESP, but checking the notes about the bugs might help.

If you really want to fight the clone then go back to an earlier save and restart the quest.

up. it's been two months and I'd really like to be able to finish the game for once. I just need to know if in oblivion mods that alter scripts can be safely activated and then deactivated and removed without problems, unlike in skyrim.

I believe that I had to edit that script for the latest release, so if recompiling fixes it, I suppose it should be fixed?