Strange things happens when having the 'Voice of the Sky' active

Leonardo

I notice strange things happen last night when I travel by road from Solitude to Dragon Bridge and just before you discover Dragon Bridge there is bear near the road which will attack you on sight.

In vanilla you need to fight this bear and kill it, but when I had the 'Voice of the Sky' effect active the bear run pass me and starting to attack, first two or three chickens, then the NPC's attacked the bear in Dragon Bridge.

Here are a few pictures to show you what the guards did, they did nothing as you can see.

2015 12 25 00003

2015 12 25 00001

I can only speculate, but something isn't right when the player has the 'Voice of the Sky' effect active.  So what's wrong, if it is wrong that is, or is it just a design flaw that's causing this I dunno. :shrug:

That's exactly what Voice of the Sky is for. Pacifying animals.

It sounds like the issue is that the animals are still agrro to the villagers, but the guards don't come to asisist the villagers, wheras normally they would.

It sounds like the issue is that the animals are still agrro to the villagers, but the guards don't come to asisist the villagers, wheras normally they would.

That's why I posted about it.

@Artmoor:  I know what effect the Voice of the Sky has, but remember in vanilla the bear is placed far away from the village at least a safe distance.  So why does the bear have a *extended* hostile area out of sudden. :shrug:

• 6 months later...

I know this is slightly OT for this thread, but to save creating another...

How come Trolls, Frost Trolls and Ice Wraiths ignore "Voice of the Sky" when pretty much everything from Snowy Sabrecats to Slaughterfish react as expected?

More a case of curiosity than anything else.

Those may be considered sentient enough creatures to not be affected by it.

Could be, I suppose. Nothing in the "definitions" for them which could account for it? I just noticed that Foxes still sometimes run away from the player which they're not supposed to do, and they certainly can't be classed as sufficiently sentient (over bears and wolves, for example) to be exempt.

Not to worry - it's just a little inconsistency to be noted, not really enough to be classed as a bug I don't think.

I know this is slightly OT for this thread, but to save creating another...

How come Trolls, Frost Trolls and Ice Wraiths ignore "Voice of the Sky" when pretty much everything from Snowy Sabrecats to Slaughterfish react as expected?

More a case of curiosity than anything else.

Any Troll(s), regardless if it is a Frost Troll or a *weaker* Troll (the same Troll in Oblivion?), or other too powerful creatures (Spriggan is too powerful, but belongs to Kynareth's domain) aren't affected by the Voice of the Sky effect.  The other creatures doesn't belong to Kynareth's domain.