Unexpected CK Error

Kesta

Hello !

I got a crash I can't troubleshoot by myself in the CK. I'm trying to load a plugin heavily edited in TES5Edit, but when I try to load it after that in the CK to modify scripts-related stuffs, I got this error (in EditorWarning.txt) and the CK crash :

Assert

File: ..\TES Shared\ExtraData\ExtraDataList.cpp

Line: 3996
Expected XWCD chunk.

Any idea what it could mean ? I couldn't find anything about what an XWCD is supposed to be. I guess it should be related to either REFR or maybe CELL by its name, but the record's definition doesn't seem to include any.

The Check for Errors function in xEdit doesn't see anything wrong in the plugin.

I know that xEdit is truncating some records, could it be one of them ?

I can provide the plugin in private if need be.

Update : Actually, the issue seems unrelated to my work on xEdit with the plugin. The original one make the CK spit out the same error. 

Faulty plugin :

Sounds Of Skyrim - The Wilds

Edit : Actually, It'd seems that the it's the cleaning process on this mod that break it...

Edit2 : Redownloading and re-cleaning and can't reproduce... I'll try to reproduce all of the edits I made and check for each of them which one break the CK.

No clue, first time I see such subrecord. It is not defined in xEdit at all. The closest ones are XWCN, XWCS (unknowns) and XWCU (water stuff), and they are all for CELL record, so check there.

It would help to know which kind of records you were editing with the plugin. The copy I have produces no issues in the CK and it was cleaned too.

Update : Actually, the issue seems unrelated to my work on xEdit with the plugin. The original one make the CK spit out the same error. 

Faulty plugin :

Sounds Of Skyrim - The Wilds

Edit : Actually, It'd seems that the it's the cleaning process on this mod that break it...

Edit2 : Redownloading and re-cleaning and can't reproduce... I'll try to reproduce all of the edits I made and check for each of them which one break the CK.

It isn't a faulty plugin, because it hasn't been updated for over 2½ years now and would probably be re-saved in CK before working with it.

My guess is that Cliffworms forgot to update the mod just to make sure the esp is saved with the latest CK patch.

Now, if my assumption are correct then Cliffworms definitely need to update the mod by re-saving the esp with an updated CK and re-upload it to Nexus.  After that I think it should be okay to clean it, if it's necessary.

Maybe what Leonardo said (editing the plugin before opening and re-saving it in the CK was the reason) is the issue.

An other possibility is that Mator's Merge Plugin somehow corrupted the original plugin while creating the merge, I'll talk with him to see if it's a possibility (If I'm not mistaken, it start by editing plugins, then merging, then restoring them). 

Finally, I'm not 100% sure in what order I proceeded, but I removed his test-cells during at one point during my edits, which where navmeshed. I'm pretty sure I removed everything correctly, including the NAVI (since the mod didn't do anything to navmeshes outside of the testing cells), but maybe I made a mistake by then.

Anyhow, by following a careful procedure (opening and saving the 3 SoS plugins in the CK, then fixing them in xEdit, then merging), everything is fine, so false alarm, Cliffworm and his mods are most likely out of cause. The only mystery is what this "XCWD" the CK expected could be, but I think we'll have to live with this mystery unsolved ^^

I'm finalizing an all-in-one MCM configuration script to get rid of those awful configuration pop-up, and then an SoS-All In One - USLEEP-ready version will be sent to cliffworms :)

Heh. You should have said something then. I could have saved you the time on Wilds and Dungeons since I converted them to MCM awhile back. I mean to do Civilizations too but just kept procrastinating :P

Heh. You should have said something then. I could have saved you the time on Wilds and Dungeons since I converted them to MCM awhile back. I mean to do Civilizations too but just kept procrastinating :P

Well, its over anyway  :woot:

Temp upload here until Cliffworms receive my message and decide to reupload it.

Edit : Oh, btw, clicking "mark solved" on my previous post led to it being "best answer"... But it's not an answer :teehee:  Baah, nvm.