Bug with LOD rendering?

Roy Batty

I've got this strange issue with LOD flickering to bright colors sometimes, does anyone know the cause/solution to fix this, or is it just a bug with OR?

tLWcyvy.jpg

That looks like the old LOD errors where using Bloom would cause artifacts like that to show up on the various LOD objects.

If you're using HDR and still getting this, try installing RAEVWD. Only add what you think your machine can handle. The "core" package should be the same as what the vanilla game uses but has meshes that were cleared of invalid data that contributes to this.

If you're already using that, then it could be the same issue I saw being discussed on the RAEVWD Nexus page where some people seem to think nVidia broke something in a recent driver update.

I had to remove RAEVWD it destroyed my frames after generating landscape/object LOD, I dropped from 30ish to like 10 even if I dropped the render distance to like 80k. I do have an nvidia card (980ti) so thay may very well be the issue. Yes I am using HDR and AA, I suppose I can switch HDR with Bloom and see if that helps.

Thanks all.

You shouldn't have had a frame rate drop if you simply installed the core module since that's just fixed vanilla meshes.

Switching to Bloom would likely result in black buildings or the yellow effect that sometimes showed up on the Imperial City.

No I used LODGen and tes4ll to generate landscape, object and tree LOD. RAEVWD with that combo is what killed my frames so I had to regen without it. It's good enough as it is.

Yes this is exactly the issue with the black flashes on distant LOD, it just sometimes flashes to red, green, blue or yellow sometimes. I had to turn off grass shadows too because they would constantly flicker to black squares and back. I will also join in the NVIDIA thread about this.