[RELz] Immersive Ingestibles

Turija

Just released a new mod that aims to make eating more immersive and fun by replacing the instant effects of foods with various long term fortifications. There are no penalties for not eating or sleeping, only incentives to do so. As such, Immersive Inestibles is an alternative to traditional "needs" mods for roleplayers who want an immersive gameplay reason to eat and sleep but don't want to be forced to eat or worry about inventory management.

Since this is an initial release, I am taking comments, bug reports, suggestions, requests, etc. Details of the mod are on the linked Nexus page.

Edit: version 1.6 released.

So you're not uploading it here on AFK Mods. :cry:

Congrats to your 1st mod release (I think it's your first mod)! :clap:

So you're not uploading it here on AFK Mods. :cry:

Fixed! :D

Congrats to your 1st mod release (I think it's your first mod)! :clap:

Thanks! Yes, its my first release, other than an obscure Oblivion patch But this is my first real mod. The other one was just a patch and a fairly simple one at that.

I'm always looking for a good food-is-useful mod for Skyrim. I will check yours out (though it may not be for a while because FO4).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm always looking for a good food-is-useful mod for Skyrim. I will check yours out (though it may not be for a while because FO4).

Congratulations on the release! Will give it a shot asap. Food is not something I really pay much attention too since I use a bucketload of followers to help me in battles so there is no need to reover my health/magicka/stamina bars. :X

Thanks to both of you for the kind words.  Just uploaded version 1.3 with some minor improvements, most particularly to skooma.  Fixed an issue with its value and reworked the effects.

Just released Version 1.5.  Adds new recipes for grilled leaks and baked potatoes and removes the need for salt when cooking raw meats. Tweaks magnitude of some soup and stew effects and a few other ingestibles.

Just released Version 1.5.  Adds new recipes for grilled leaks and baked potatoes and removes the need for salt when cooking raw meats. Tweaks magnitude of some soup and stew effects and a few other ingestibles.

So the 1.4 version is just experimental for internal use. :P

Since you removed the salt when cooking raw meats, how about adding spices like provincial (Elswyer?) Chili/Curry/Peppar or similar just to make the trading caravans more wanted instead of selling your loot or buy a larger empty/filled soulgem now and then.

I have always wonder why Venison Chop has the weight of 2 and not like 1 or 0.5 with only 5pts health.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I finally solved the value problem I was having with gourds and several other foods, I have released a new version of Immersive Ingestibles.

Version 1.6 Adds Immersive Ingestible effects to gourds, clams, steamed clams, boar meat, cooked boar meat, ash hopper legs, steamed ash hopper legs, ash hopper meat, steamed ash hopper meat and new recipes. Adds a fortify unarmed effect to ales and meads. A new alternative Requiem patch was also added to preserve Requiem's alcoholic visuals and effects

• 5 months later...

Is the Sliced Bread mod part of this mod?

If so then I assume you want us to post comments, requests and feedback for the Sliced Bread mod here instead of starting a new thread.  Correct? :)

Is the Sliced Bread mod part of this mod?

If so then I assume you want us to post comments, requests and feedback for the Sliced Bread mod here instead of starting a new thread. Correct? :)

Sliced Bread is a separate, but related mod. I don't have a Sliced Bread thread here. You can post comments in this thread if you want, or start a new thread if you have a bunch of comments. Either one is fine with me.

I wonder if you have thought about adding some more interesting effects for the Juniper Berries, as these berries seems to be plentiful in The Reach.

Perhaps they could have something refreshing like a new formula for a drink or something like this.

re-generating health 5 3600 sec with a negative effect of 50 stamina damage (only once when drinking a bottle or a potion) and 5 stamina damage 1200 sec

I think drinking that aren't suiteable for either 2H-fighters or spell casting mages, nercomancers perhaps a NPC that relies mostly of using a staff.

I wonder if you have thought about adding some more interesting effects for the Juniper Berries, as these berries seems to be plentiful in The Reach.

Perhaps they could have something refreshing like a new formula for a drink or something like this.

re-generating health 5 3600 sec with a negative effect of 50 stamina damage (only once when drinking a bottle or a potion) and 5 stamina damage 1200 sec

I think drinking that aren't suiteable for either 2H-fighters or spell casting mages, nercomancers perhaps a NPC that relies mostly of using a staff.

That's an interesting idea.  Were you thinking of mead spiced with juniper berries, like the ones found in the burnt out inn in Helgan??

That's an interesting idea.  Were you thinking of mead spiced with juniper berries, like the ones found in the burnt out inn in Helgan??

No, I didn't know such mead could be found in Helgen.

Your Juniper Berries Spiced Mead comment is not a bad idea. :)