Giants send victims flying straight upwards

hbrickface

When a humanoid gets killed by a giant - whether it's me or an bandit - the victim gets launched exactly straight upwards at a huge velocity.

This happens about 99% of the time. Only rarely will the victim will crumple to the ground without being launched straight upwards.

Supposedly this was fixed a long time ago, but the bug happens ALL the time for me. Any ideas:

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3636-mods-made-obsolete-by-unofficial-patches/

"Giants Physics Fix (http://www.nexusmods...kyrim/mods/8053) - [Obsoleted by Official Patch] - GiantPhysicsFix.esp "

Pretty sure that's an engine bug of some kind. I don't think it is something that can be fixed by any of us. Whatever Bethesda did fix in their Official Patch apparently didn't fix the problem completely because I still notice the issue too from time to time.

They seem to have fixed it to the point where the majority no longer sees this. I know I haven't seen giants do that in well over 2 years now. We did nothing that could have fixed it so it had to have come from an official patch.

I also have this problem. But well, it looks cool, both seing your death in the sky and seeing how it sends other people flying (and sometimes it takes a lot for them to land!). Although this issue seems to happen less often to protected/essential characters, to the point I rarely see it in those cases (but it does happen, the actor just doesn't die and just gets up in those cases, as expected).

Maybe one of those things that's "fixed" but still frame dependent like other Havok operations. so it doesn't happen near as much. In any case, I'm pretty sure whatever the deal is, it's an engine side issue we can't correct ourselves.

I wonder if some people don't experience this often because they are high-level, with extra health or armor. It looks awful at low levels. And I've not found any evidence that the developers intended this.

If this can be fixed with Giants Physic Fix, should something like that be integrated into the Unofficial Patch?

I wonder if some people don't experience this often because they are high-level, with extra health or armor. It looks awful at low levels.

Nope, I don't have this issue, even with very low-level characters.