Wrye Bash Docs Sweeping

garthand

Does anyone know how to get Wrye Bash to install a *.txt file into the Data folder? By default these types of files are put into Data\Dpcs. amd turning off Docs sweeping simply prevents the *.txt file from being installed at all, whereas I want to install it to the Skyrim\Data directory.

No. The only thing I can think of is something like "Add Extra Directories" for install and create a package folder called batfiles. Then a bat file can be run from there which installs (and hopefully uninstalls) bat files to the game root directory.

And something like a shortcut to the batch frontend in the Wrye Bash Program Launchpad can be set up from bash.ini. To be really funky, the batch install procedure could also edit the entry in Bash ini (with scripting for a copy/create of Bash.ini and a restart of WB)- but that would be bit of coding. :P

Hmm yeah that's definitely possible, thanks for the insight. I might end up just using batch files instead of txts since they'll both work. The issue I was trying to work around in the first place was relatively minor, and I found a way to bypass it either way. It turns out that as long as a batch file is extracted from an archive (instead of straight up downloaded) the user can open and edit it without triggering a security warning.

• 1 month later...

Why bother to get Wrye Bash to do what you want to do when you can open an archive in BAIN then extract any *.txt file you want from a BAIN-archive into the Skyrim\Data folder.

Why bother to get Wrye Bash to do what you want to do when you can open an archive in BAIN then extract any *.txt file you want from a BAIN-archive into the Skyrim\Data folder.

Because we're talking about choosing from hundreds of similarly-named txt files, not just one. It's a batch file mod with offsets for different load orders.

Because we're talking about choosing from hundreds of similarly-named txt files, not just one. It's a batch file mod with offsets for different load orders.

I see.  Well have you tried to save your loadorder in Wrye Bash seen in this picture (I couldn't find a better picture, but the Load command is what you need to select in order to save your loadorder in Wrye Bash).