TracDown is broken! - Temp Bug Report Log

Hana

Maboleth,

I can't see anything wrong with the Stormcloaks armor. Are you using any weather or lighting mods? Or, are you absolutely sure nothing is overwriting the armor? Is it always on Stormcloak guards?

Nope. No mods. It happens somewhat frequently, affects all NPCs randomly but never more than few characters. Sometimes it's Grelka, sometimes Balimund, sometimes it's the stormcloacks, guards, etc. Their heads look completely black from afar, but once you get closer they look normal.

At first I thought it was some sort of a hard shadow on their faces, but then I noticed it's not. I only started seeing that recently. I haven't changed anything in the game, except ditching old UPatches and installing USLEEP. And, of course, new AMD video drivers.

Just witnessed another oddity - Ralof of Riverwood looked completely bald from distance, but as I was approaching him and getting closer, his hair was "growing" and vice versa.  I'm sure the same bug responsible for black heads is also at work here. This NEVER happened before, in 4 years.

And, of course, new AMD video drivers.

I think that's the first thing I would rule out.

Old bug, rearing it's ugly head again - BOTI. First, Suzanna's body was not at the gravesite yet the quest started. Second, I've gone through Hjerim, taken the amulet, journals and pamphlets, but Viola doesn't want to talk to me. She has lines when I activate her, regarding the murders, but no dialogue options come up, so I can't ask her about the pamphlet. I've also gone to Jorlief but he has no dialogue options related to the quest either.

Found this in my log;

[11/15/2015 - 10:39:57PM] error: None is not a valid inventory item
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.GetItemCount() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Item 7 in container  (00000014)].ms11cluescript.OnContainerChanged() - "MS11ClueScript.psc" Line 16
[11/15/2015 - 10:39:57PM] error: None is not a valid inventory item
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.GetItemCount() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Item 7 in container  (00000014)].ms11cluescript.OnContainerChanged() - "MS11ClueScript.psc" Line 19

Could be from going into my inventory to read the flyer again?

Will try my best at ruling out video drivers.

+ I've noticed that Riverwood trader, Lucan, never goes to sleep and his shop is always open. Anyone noticed the same?

+ I've noticed that Riverwood trader, Lucan, never goes to sleep and his shop is always open. Anyone noticed the same?

He for sure doesn't sleep prior to completing the Golden Claw quest (which could be deliberate). The doors do for sure lock after the quest is complete and I know I've seen both him and his sister sleeping before.

Hey, I joined afk  to post a minor bug that I discovered yesterday.  After examining the USKP 2.13b patch in xEdit and reading the USLEEP patch notes, this bug does not seem to ever have been patched. 

Here's the bug:

• The ambient sounds entry for Frostfruit Inn in Rorikstead is set to "large stone building" when it should be "large wood building" (or maybe medium wood building, but definitely not any type of stone building since the building is made of wood). 

Vanilla Skyrim does not have much reverb, so the issue isn't very apparent in vanilla.  This bug becomes very noticeable if you use mods that add more reverb like AOS2, and it sounds like you are in an empty castle inside the Frostfruit Inn instead of a wooden building.  Changing the ambient sounds for the inn to large wood building solves the problem.

I've seen a few reports about Jaree-Ra going hostile when the player has a bounty in Haafingar hold.   It makes sense in one respect because he is in the Solitude Crime Faction.  But looking at it that he is a criminal himself, don't you think he wouldn't really care one way or the other if you were one too?

Now interesting thing, I discovered all that when trying to find out why he was hostile to me when I re-entered Solitude.  I had no bounty in Haafingar at all.  I only had one bounty of 40 gold from when I accidentally hit a guard at the Northern Watch Tower just outside Whiterun when helping to kill bandits on my way to place Torygg's horn for Elisef.

I checked my mods, none hard set him into the Whiterun Crime Faction.  No idea if a quest might have aliased him into it.

Is there something here that may be considered a USLEEP fix?

- Papyrus warning that I never had before, I don't know how to interpret it :

[11/17/2015 - 07:50:40PM] Warning: Missing or zero refcount on  (FF000F21) when releasing

(USLEEP mid-game upgraded save)

- Big gap under water in Lost Knife Cave : ID is 0001ae8c

I've occasionally seen those "missing or zero" ones. They're too random and always associated with FF refs. There's not enough information on what the game thought it was doing to even begin to figure it out.

Savegame Cleaner might help to identify what object is associated to this reference, and track the moment it was created by looking for its presence in your previous saves (if you kept them). Issue 17353 for example, it would be much more easy to investigate if I had kept previous saves... :(

I've ran with Delphine to the Kynesgrove, the passenger told us that dragon was nearby, we ran there but when we were just passing the Inn, three Stormcloak soldiers just dropped dead instantly out of thin air.
Why this happened? Did they die because of the dragon attack? It does not make sense.

+ Since USLEEP upgrade, sometimes I encounter NPCs with missing eyes. Usually reloading a save fixes it. It never happened before.

Strange log error involving the courier;

[11/17/2015 - 06:55:03PM] error: Cannot add None to a container
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.AddItem() - "<native>" Line ?
    [topic info 000A0E9E on quest WICourier (00039F82)].USKP_TIF_WICourier_000A0E9E.Fragment_0() - "USKP_TIF_WICourier_000A0E9E.psc" Line 9

I've ran with Delphine to the Kynesgrove, the passenger told us that dragon was nearby, we ran there but when we were just passing the Inn, three Stormcloak soldiers just dropped dead instantly out of thin air.

Why this happened? Did they die because of the dragon attack? It does not make sense.

+ Since USLEEP upgrade, sometimes I encounter NPCs with missing eyes. Usually reloading a save fixes it. It never happened before.

There are always 3 dead ones in that area, the fact they drop dead as you arrive is just bad timing. Not a bug i'd say.

Yeah, probably just script lag or something. I've experienced similar problems with other quests where a script decides to fire off at the wrong time. It sounds like the script to spawn the dead soldiers kicked in later than it normally would in this case likely because papyrus was trying to catch up.

^ I tried it again with another much earlier save file, minus USLEEP. Same thing happens. The woman approaches, we talk, Delphine approaches, we run - out of nowhere soldiers appear and die. Every single time.

Here's a savefile if that could help, just go ahead from an Inn.

Savegame Cleaner might help to identify what object is associated to this reference, and track the moment it was created by looking for its presence in your previous saves (if you kept them). Issue 17353 for example, it would be much more easy to investigate if I had kept previous saves... :(

According to Savegame Cleaner, it's 34ED03A0.

Looks like another mod. That's something in Hearthfire? There's no sign of Stormcloaks here, but groans are heard when some trigger is activated. No corpses.

However loading up my game, on arrival at Kynesgrove during the same quest there's one dead Stormcloak soldier impaled by a sword lying by the inn. On a cell reload there were two similarly impaled.

^ I tried it again with another much earlier save file, minus USLEEP. Same thing happens. The woman approaches, we talk, Delphine approaches, we run - out of nowhere soldiers appear and die. Every single time.

Here's a savefile if that could help, just go ahead from an Inn.

Script type things in the game can be resource intensive. The laptop I play the game on is pretty borderline and so I frequently have run into such things before too. It's just how the engine is.

Looks like another mod. That's something in Hearthfire? There's no sign of Stormcloaks here, but groans are heard when some trigger is activated. No corpses.

However loading up my game, on arrival at Kynesgrove during the same quest there's one dead Stormcloak soldier impaled by a sword lying by the inn. On a cell reload there were two similarly impaled.

Oh no, this is vanilla. I think they can be easy to miss if you aren't aware of them.

In the Reach, there is a hole in a rock near ref 000894de

Extreme north western end of the map near ref 000b4c34 there is a Nirnroot embedded in a rock with Spicky Grass.

Thanks Deathbydestiny. My machine is pretty fast, I'm playing with all settings to the max without problems. This was the only script delay that I remember.

+ Sometimes people of Riften can be seen sitting on this place.

med_gallery_1730_10_37256.jpg

Legs fall in this part of the street of Whiterun, main road, from Bannered mare to the gates. Mesh problem.
gallery_1730_10_42125.jpg

- Maybe my memory tricks me, but when you approach Derkeethus in his cell in Darkwater Pass, doesn't he usually beg for helping him to escape ? I just did this quest and he never asked for help or engage the conversation himself. I had to open the cell and engage the conversation myself. His first words were "Need something ?", which seem inappropriate.

- Behind the chest just near his cell, at the bottom of the wooden staircase, there are two chaurus eggs which can not be picked. Even a Fus Ro Dah shout did not move them. After a reload, I was able to pick them.

I've had this particular quest-breaking issue for a while, and I'm hoping adding it to this thread will help: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4255-markarth-thane-quest-setting-itself-to-stage-200/

To sum, while I can complete all the prerequisite quests to become Thane of Markarth, I can't actually become Thane, because the favor250 quest is somehow setting itself ahead to stage 200 and becoming stuck there.

In Mzinchaleft Gatehouse, the entrance to Blackreach ... followers get tripped up and can't go down the stairs. They stop on the first landing.