TracDown is broken! - Temp Bug Report Log

Hana

College Application Denied quest.  Its the random encounter with the aspiring mage.  I have no mods other than USLEEP affecting it.

When I encountered him, he was not doing anything but standing there with a dead wolf.  Nor did he have anything beyond generic lines to say when I tried to talk to him.

It had been loaded for a while before I approached him.  I had been following a quest which was finishing up nearby.  It may be possible that he played it all out before I got there.  No idea as I didn't know that he was there till I turned around and started walking that way.

I just purchased Honeyside and I find this in my Papyrus log :

[11/21/2015 - 09:01:02AM] [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (00102BDB)>]OnLoad() ERROR: parentCell=[Cell <RiftenHoneyside (00016BDD)>] !IsAttached()
What do you think ? I didn't use any weapon rack. In fact, my level 12 character has never used any weapon rack in the world, and Honeyside is the first property purchased.

Been working on a new version of the dragon priest quest markers since the one on the nexus conflicts with the USLEEP/USKP patches.  I add only new stuff and only direct the player to the general location of the mask (i.e. an xmarker placed at the priest's sarcophagus).  Anyway, the quest completes when the player returns to the altar with the eight masks.  So quest over and out of the way, put on the wood mask and get transported.

Enter issue:

Nahkriin's bust when moused over shows activation for each of the busts beside it.

I have an unlisted youtube video demonstrating this: https://youtu.be/JsoKpD4-VRs

I have looked in the Creation Kit and see no reason for this....

Also the link on the broken trackdown page that points to here does not work.  As in it doesn't show the link but rather the url tags.

IsharaMeradin, I can confirm your issue. English is not my birth language and I'll use quite technical terms. I do really hope you'll be indulgent with me...

I tried several things and came to an explainable conclusion, here it is : the camera around the player (both 1st and 3rd person) has bounds and they are schematically shaped as a sphere. When this invisible camera bound collides with an activator bound (the ones from each of the busts) it displays its 'activate text override', which is the normal behavior. But when several activators are very close ones from the others (this is the case here) the camera bound can collide with several activators bounds. It can also collide with one whereas it is already 'inside' another, and then the engine sometimes messes up and doesn't know which 'activate text override' from which activator it has to display. This is a pure geometry issue (sphere vs several parallelepipeds = funny results) sometimes increased with various objects/statics/bounds at very specific positions (this was known for weapon racks activators where weapons were hanged with a 180/90° 'gap'.

As the 4 left busts activators work perfectly fine I perfectly 'mirrored' their scalar and polar coordinates to the right ones. The whole stuff is now perfectly symetric. I also turned the activators bounds to spheres with a reasonable radius to refine and (I thought) improve collision detection. That seems to work very good in 1st person view. 3rd person view is another matter : imo, right busts are hardly activable if you approach them 'from aside', and it's probably due to the fact that the camera is held 'over the right shoulder', causing an additional gap or bias.

To be fair, I think there's no miracle solution. Anyway, you can try this if you want.

After completing Froki's hunting missions, he gives you Kyne's token and says "you can count me as a friend". However, there's no "follow me" dialogue, or anything, despite your new friendship. Shouldn't he be a follower?

From Nexus:

Is Balbus (the random encounter guy who's looking for ingredients) still bugged?

I'm on a new game and I encountered him in the random encounter spot that's located by Whiterun. It's the main road that takes you to the Valtheim Towers.

He has been standing there for a few days now and he wont leave that same spot. I'm assuming he's gonna get killed soon right?

I've tried several things. I've reloaded to a save before going there but it doesn't seem to "randomise" the encounter. No matter how many times I reload my game he always shows up at that exact spot =/

I was also able to confirm that Balbus' encounter (WEJS02) doesn't unload despite having removed the "Run Once" flag back in a previous USKP update (Bug #13884). No clue as to why this still happens and whether there's even anything further that can be done about it.

Alright. After 4 days worth of poking and prodding and digging into the guts of the bug tracker (trust me, they smell bad) I've managed to get the tracker back online and functioning.

We do still plan to replace it down the road, but at least for now this gets us back more or less into working order. So I'm going to close this thread now as it's no longer necessary :P

Also, don't be surprised if you find yourself having submitted some bugs and end up following them. We're telling Tracdown they belong to you :P