[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

Hey Alt, you posted a thread to the STEP forum, and someone brought up a thing about BOYD: http://forum.step-project.com/topic/9091-skyrim-usleep-beta-by-unofficial-patch-project-team/#entry142478

Are they aware that the latest version (3.0.0) does not have any NPC record edits in it anymore? This applies to both the vanilla AND Legendary versions so they likely need to update their documentation to reflect this.

I'm not having any problems with this at all.

When you first upped USLEEP beta I had that one script problem, with a continuation of a game. I kept that continuation going until I had re-explored everything I had been to so far.

After that I have restarted a new game, and doing everything fresh with USLEEP uploaded 04 October

Its going really well so far

what exactly does the ini?

can i put any ini setting in this file to override a setting from Skyrim_default.ini, Skyrim.ini... ?

ex: can i add "sLanguage=GERMAN"? (for a translated "text only" version)

what exactly does the ini?

can i put any ini setting in this file to override a setting from Skyrim_default.ini, Skyrim.ini... ?

ex: can i add "sLanguage=GERMAN"? (for a translated "text only" version)

See Mod Defined INIs here .. Creation Kit - INI files

Anything you would ordinarily be able to use in Skyrim.ini ( not SkyrimPrefs.ini ) you can put in a mod defined ini

If you have multiple mod defined ini's, and some of them change the same ini setting, then load order comes into play, last loaded mod with an ini then its change to the same ini setting wins

So I would imagine ..

[General]
sLanguage=yourlanguagepreference

Would work.

If you use a Bashed Patch, you can make your own ini to load last which would win over all other mod ini's
Here's one I use installed by Wrye Bash BAIN, edit it, repack it with 7zip, and use as an installer - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86040572/Bashed%20Patch%20INI%20Tweaks.7z

iah4je1.jpg

Note Wrye Bash has the ability to make more Bashed Patches with incremental naming, so if you have a Bashed Patch, 1.ini, it will not have the same name as the one in that installer, and will not load the ini
I use the default ..
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.ini

Hi all, I just started a new playthrough with USLEEP and ran into an issue in the Companion quest Glory of the Dead. Before I could reach the Skyforge to attend Kodlak's funeral, everyone was leaving already, except Eorlund, Aela, Farkas and Vilkas. The quest still advances as normal though, but I feel bad for Kodlak.

Hi all, I just started a new playthrough with USLEEP and ran into an issue in the Companion quest Glory of the Dead. Before I could reach the Skyforge to attend Kodlak's funeral, everyone was leaving already, except Eorlund, Aela, Farkas and Vilkas. The quest still advances as normal though, but I feel bad for Kodlak.

Various scripts and scenes may trigger much earlier than expected if you are using a non-vanilla setting for uGridsToLoad.

Interesting. It played out just fine when I did it. Did you follow Vilkas directly there?

Yes, I usually fast travel to Dragonsreach, then run down to Jorrvaskr. As Vilkas told me to go to Skyforge, I could see other Companions leaving. :-/

Various scripts and scenes may trigger much earlier than expected if you are using a non-vanilla setting for uGridsToLoad.

I never change anything in those .ini files. Anyway, where is that setting? I can't find it. I could start a new game to check.

Yes, I usually fast travel to Dragonsreach, then run down to Jorrvaskr. As Vilkas told me to go to Skyforge, I could see other Companions leaving. :-/

I never change anything in those .ini files. Anyway, where is that setting? I can't find it. I could start a new game to check.

uGridsToLoad needs to be added manually is not in the ini by default, if it is not there you have the vanilla settings.

Note for testers: A regression was discovered with Hert's facegen. The archive has been updated to correct this.

Status update:

Barring anything major coming up, we're planning to go live over this coming weekend.

I have a question to people that have completed "Battle for Windhelm" recently and have a fresh memory of it or people that made it lot of times (I only did once a long ago).

Does Brunwulf Free Winter actually appear in the final Tullius speech, after the victory? I mean, not only mentioned, buf if he is actually there present.

I'm seeing that the quest CWFinale has the alias NewJarlWindhelm, but this one is empty and it doesn't seem to be filled by any script (apparently) or other alias. If it is empty, it would mean two things:

- 1: He is supossed to be in the scene, just like Elisif in Solitude, as that alias appears in the WindhelmSceneD and is actually moved by script.

- 2: If the alias is empty, then the script fixes that uskp does to brunwulf quests in qf_cwfinale_ would be futile, as nothing is actually being done.

I saw a video in youtube and I don't see Brunwulf in the scene, which would mean the alias is not filled, but the video isn't very clear, so I'd rather ask someone that have a fresh memory of it.

EDIT: actually if the alias was actually filled, then Brunwulf would be moved to Solitude by script, as Alias_DefeatedJarlMarker points always to a solitude marker.

I have a question to people that have completed "Battle for Windhelm" recently and have a fresh memory of it or people that made it lot of times (I only did once a long ago).

Does Brunwulf Free Winter actually appear in the final Tullius speech, after the victory? I mean, not only mentioned, buf if he is actually there present.

I'm sure he doesn't. Only after Windhelm has been cleaned up, Brunwulf will appear in the palace as Jarl of Windhelm.

Then, it looks like it was intended to happen but it didn't. At any rate, that alias not being filled means one of the uskp fixes is not happening.

This one from qf_cwfinale_XXXXXXXX, to stop Brunwulf from giving his bandits quest:

; USKP 2.0.4 - So he'll stop giving the bandit clearance quest.
	Alias_NewJarlWindhelm.TryToRemoveFromFaction(Favor104QuestGiverFaction)
	if( Favor104.IsRunning() && Favor104.GetStage() == 0 )
		if( Questgiver.GetReference() == Alias_NewJarlWindhelm.GetReference() )
			Favor104.Stop()
		EndIf
	EndIf

If Alias_NewjarlWindhelm never gets any value, that fix just can't work. Beware if fixing it by filling Alias_NewjarlWindhelm with Brunwulf reference, because then, the line prior to that code, "Alias_NewJarlWindhelm.GetActorReference().MoveTo(Alias_DefeatedJarlMarker.GetReference())" will send him to Solitude, since DefeatedJarlMarker is hardcoded only for Solitude. And not only that line, but he also has a package in the WindhwelmSceneD that would send him to the same marker too.

Well that's kind of uncool. We'll fix that with the live USLEEP since that's a USKP regression. Silly quest designers making aliases that never get filled.

Yes, it's technically official. Yes, it's on Steam now. I'm still in the process of getting the uploads done and then the OP will be officially updated. :P

Unification Day is Here! The Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch is now live. The OP has been updated with all of the current download locations.

Nexus may not have propagated it to every CDN mirror, they're horribly slow right now, but it should happen within the next few hours.

Go enjoy your games, and don't forget about Skyrim just because Fallout 4 is coming :P

Our team will be on hiatus until January so that we can all enjoy the holidays and such.

Congrats to you guys. This has been long anticipated.

Just out of curiosity. What mods require the old patches? Perhaps we should have a list.