[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

USLEEP 3.0.9 is now out of beta. Enjoy!

I have a problem with this mod. I play Skyrim with Polish dubbing. Nelkir (a little bastard in Dranon's Reach) speaks to me in English from time to time. For example a sentence "Another travelers came to lick my father's shoeses. Good job." is in English. If I turn off that mod he speaks to me in Polish.

I am not sure if this is a bug in this mod or translation to this mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79878/?). Could you please take a look at it?

The translators haven't caught everything is all. You'll need to bring that to their attention.

Yes, by looking at the file size I could tell for sure that they only translated the esp. No localized voice acting here.

• 2 months later...

Arthmoor, perhaps you would care to respond to this.  Poster states (in http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/1457328927848210615/#c1457328927848722331 ) "According to Aurthmoor. USLEEP is a BALANCE CHANGING PATCH.  It doesn't actually fix many game breaking bugs.  Because that is not it's scope."

In reply to my response:

"This is ABSOLUTELY WRONG.  The main purpose of USLEEP and the Unofficial patches IS to fix bugs.  Anything that changes balance or appearance IS NOT included unless it is or can be categorized as a bug." ( http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/1457328927848210615/#c1457328927848902021 )

poster then claims:

"Nope.  Aurthmoor has themselves debunked this myth.  Granted, I still think USLEEP is absolutely mandatory.  But it's not actually a patch that fixes game engine bugs." ( http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/1457328927848210615/#c1457328927849516605 )

to which I replied:

"No, he hasn't.  And if you have information that says otherwise, then cite the reference." ( http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/1457328927848210615/#c1457328927849644172 )

A statement on your part would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much, Arthmoor.  It is a constant battle on the forum fighting misinformation, wrongheadedness, and just plain stupidity.  I very much appreciate you giving the final word on this (well, at least until the next time!).

No problem, although as I'm sure you can see the guy still thinks he's right despite my telling him otherwise :P

And he's not even capable of providing a link to the discussion he is referencing.  First rule of journalism or in writing history - if you are going to refer to someone or something, and what they may have said, you have better be able to cite the reference and provide others with a means of verifying your statement - which he cannot.

Well, some people will never get it.  As Friedrich Schiller wrote in his play The Maid of Orleans, "Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain."

Unfortunately, it is necessary to stamp out every instance of misinformation and falsehood whenever and wherever it rears its ugly head, lest it get accepted and passed along as the truth.

Thanks for your response and for all the fantastic work you do, both on the unofficial patch project and on your mods.

Yeah, he's not going to be able to cite a source because I never said it. :P

Anyway, let's just hope he lets it go at this point. At least now I know where some of the misinformation is coming from.

I know that long long ago, you guys fixed the weapon racks. Well I'm returning after a four year hiatus and you guessed it... my weapon racks don't seem to be working. I'm trying to access one of the racks in Lakeview Manor. The last time I played, the USKP were separate patches. Now I'm using USLEEP on my existing game from four years ago. If that has nothing to do with it, then do you have any advice on where the sweet spot might be for a weapon rack that holds long items like staffs? Thoughts?

All you need to do is exit the house you're in, then come back inside.

I'm finding that the changes USLEEP makes to spell effects aren't being copied to my Bashed Patch. The Base Cost isn't being copied either. I'm running other mods that preserve the vanilla values, so I have to copy USLEEP's changes manually. Perhaps the Bash guys need new tags?

Edit: XEZN - Encounter Zone and XLCN - Location are not being carried over either... always. Sometimes they are!

I'm not sure going through every single record in xEdit to see what got carried into the bashed patch is good for one's health... Anyway, found another oddity. MS11InnocuousAmulet "Strange Amulet" [ARMO:000D2328] has an Enable Parent reference in HearthFires that's not in USLEEP. Most of the references are from Skyrim itself, so I think this has been overlooked. I wonder if this reference should be carried over into USLEEP. This is in cell WindhelmHjerim which is in Block 4, Sub-block 2.

The overridden enable parent on the amulet is intentional because without it, Hearthfire breaks Blood on the Ice when the amulet is not on the shelf where it belongs.

Bash should already have working tags for encounter zones and locations. Those seem to be working just fine in my LE install.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I just found an inconsistency. I'm carrying the USLEEP changes over to More Interactive Items. In Falion's House in Morthal (MorthalFalionsHouse), USLEEP adds the Don't Havok Settle flag to the BoneDeerSkullHorned Object, but that's a static object in the base game. More Interactive Items makes it a miscellaneous item that the player can grab if they wish, so it makes sense that the flag is set (if I understand it correctly), so I copied the change over.

However In the Palace of the Kings, upstairs in Windhelm, USLEEP removes the flag from BoneDeerSkull. Aren't both items static originally?

Overall it's really hit or miss whether this flag is set or not and in general I'm not changing it.

Found another one: USLEEP adds the flag to BoneDeerSkull in Fort Dunstad Commander's Quarters (FortDunstad03).

Edited by AndalayBay

USLEEP 3.0.10 is now in beta, second post has the details. We anticipate no more than a week due to the small volume of fixes that were more than just placements and typos.

4 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

USSEP 4.0.8 is now in beta, second post has the details. We anticipate no more than a week due to the small volume of fixes that were more than just placements and typos.

You probably meant USLEEP 3.0.10 ?

On 4.10.2015 at 0:46 AM, Arthmoor said:

020182B4, 020182B5, 0201DBBC, 0201DBBD, 0201DBBF, 0201DBE1, 02027A3F: Puzzle door with unlinked references that were throwing errors. (Bug #13782)

Correction:

020182B4, 020182B5, 02027A3F: Pull chains without linked doors that were throwing errors (Bug #13782)

0201DBBC, 0201DBBD, 0201DBBF, 0201DBE1: Relinked these markers to stop the linked ref chain they're part of from throwing errors during the boss battle in Kolbjorn Barrow (Bug #14368)

FXDragonBloodDamageScript: Eliminated error spam and possibly stack dumps generated by this script. It has been rewritten by Taka2nd and used with permission. (Bug #13547)

My personal favorite fix for this update. :)  Hopefully something similar can someday be done for Critter related papyrus spam. It happens less these days, but still shows up occasionaly. I can't reliably reproduce the spam though.

I'm pretty sure that DayDreamer has done all he can for the critter scripts and the remaining errors are either false readings or engine issues we'd have no control over. For my own games it's been a long time since I've seen critter script errors.

5 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

Hopefully something similar can someday be done for Critter related papyrus spam. It happens less these days, but still shows up occasionaly. I can't reliably reproduce the spam though.

If you happen to grab a critter during flight/movement, when the game engine tries to finish the action, the critter object no longer exists. The only fix that I could dream up involved turning the critter invisible and untouchable until it finished moving, but was never able to come up with a working technique. Papyrus is too slow. Really needs a game engine fix instead.

EDIT: Also, there's the problem that the savegame doesn't seem to keep the current movement information for animations. Again, a game engine fix is needed.

But we cannot do game engine fixes.