[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

I find if a page has multiple mods with multiple versions then it can confuse NMM more.

It certainly confuses me sometimes :)

It probably didn't help that Nexus corrupted the original 3.0.4 upload and it had to be redone and then whined that there was already a 3.0.4 up there.

Heh, those files that exist in limbo somewhere which either are fully uploaded but download as corrupt or are uploaded but dont show as being available to download .. then block you from uploading the same

Infuriating nexus is infuriating .. backed up by users who think the uploader is to blame for magically making the upload not work on purpose <casts "Fail to update correctly enchantment" on site software> so you have to reupload it multiple times just for the exquisite pleasure of tormenting your own patience and twisting the crowd into a frothing mass of gnashing teeth, how mod authors adore those sweet moments  :rolleyes: .. or .. the site software is naff, again.

Situation normal - Check.

Mine lists the correct version number. If you ask me its usually the mod authors that fail to update correctly rather then being a fault with the NMM program.

Update checks are horribly broken in NMM since a few months if you ask me

I use version 61.13, that works for me without problems that cannot be resolved by simply closing and reopening the application.

According to some post in the NMM forum it seems 61.19 is the last version that works, unfortunately I do not have that.

The good news is, ankle gaps in Briarhearts are fixed. Thanks!

attachicon.gifbriarheart2.jpg

(Don't mind the texture mismatch, I use a body mod and they apparently don't include Briarheart bodies)

However, there is some weird slight distortions remaining. Nothing important.

The bad news however, is the partitioning of the legs when he's wearing the boots. Large gap.

attachicon.gifbriarheart1.jpg

Arg, the calf partitions.  They should have been only be three quads up from the ankle seam, not four.

As for the top of the legs, I culled exactly the same amount of crotch geometry from the new leg bit as there was on the original.  If I included more, it'd be clipping with the skirt instead of a hole.  The solution for that is rigging fixes on the skirt, if possible.  There's skirt bone fun and also the telltale sign of the "throw it on" quick and ugly rigging that BGS did to so many meshes.

Heh, those files that exist in limbo somewhere which either are fully uploaded but download as corrupt or are uploaded but dont show as being available to download .. then block you from uploading the same

Infuriating nexus is infuriating .. backed up by users who think the uploader is to blame for magically making the upload not work on purpose <casts "Fail to update correctly enchantment" on site software> so you have to reupload it multiple times just for the exquisite pleasure of tormenting your own patience and twisting the crowd into a frothing mass of gnashing teeth, how mod authors adore those sweet moments  :rolleyes: .. or .. the site software is naff, again.

Situation normal - Check.

I'm specifically refering version numbering which I've seen happen numerous times being fixed by the mod author after they've been made aware of it. The issues you mention are not the same in my experience.

Ah I see what you were meaning now.

But there's quite a bit of history to those problems, mods on the nexus and versioning practices were established long before NMM came along

There's also problems with categories of files on a mod file page which need their own update or version numbers, and as NMM evolved the site had to decide a happy medium that NMM would accept as the latest version

There was also the problem that NMM auto updating all users files simultaneously interrogating Nexus increased the bandwidth use of the site over double its normal use at one stage and it alone brought down nexus for about a week ..

So NMM's mod version checking had to be simiplified and does not catch all possibilities

You are right though, in that regard not all mod authors are vigilant about the affects their versioning practices have upon a mod manager they do not use and probably have never had installed. And even those that do ( I have had it installed a few times to check my FOMod scripting was working for NMM and MO users .. Then uninstalled it afterwards to just use Wrye Bash again for my personal setup ) probably miss any important changes to NMM's development along the way, with my limited knowledge of NMM I know it has shifted the goal posts for versioning at least a couple of times, and made suggestion posts addressed to the site and programmers of NMM on behalf of users who did not understand the technicalities of making mods to be used with the same software ... Whether any of that was taken in and actioned  :shrug: dont know and dont really care. Did my bit to help, and went back to what I use.

Point I am getting to is .. Most mod authors who never use it wont even bother to look into it, and probably regard NMM if its being programmed as Nexus primary modding software ideally it should be able to cope with all ideas of versioning, unfortunately for the technical reasons already mentioned its not possible.

There are quite a few typical nexus long winded topics still kicking around on the subject ( cant remember if there were some outside of the mod authors forums )

I think the ideal practice ( especially where there are more than one "Main" files with different versioning to the Mod page version numbers ) is to have separate mod pages for them.

But its the whole re-doing of descriptions and uploading images for separate files which puts people off, it becomes too much of a chore for the author managing multiple files, which are probably the result of requests for variations the author did not plan on producing originally.

And, Nexus traditionally discourage mod authors from using multiple pages for the same mod, for site performance reasons.

And then of course you have the problems Arthmoor mentioned in the post just before my last one, I have also witnessed the same after spending 12-16 hours sometimes uploading large files repeatedly day after day due to the failures of the upload system. Worst case was uploading the biggest files of VRT .. When you spend that much time and the upload gets to just shy of 100% and finishes, only to then realise the file is stuck in limbo somewhere and no one can actually see it as a download option - Then you have to reup with either a slightly different name and or version variation etc ( but you only realise this just before you reup a third time, the second reup fails because the invisible first upload blocks the second upload if it has the same name ), then that one is registered as a downloadable file .. but somehow became corrupt after the successful third upload, so reup number 4 commences with a name and version not used previously to try and ensure a success - Spend three days doing that and becoming frustrated beyond belief with nexus ( and hopefully you dont get one of those days when the whole of nexus slows down aswell because someone somewhere had a sale of Skyrim again so demand goes throught the roof for the whole site / or nexus goes down for unscheduled maintenance during your upload ) and any nice considerations kind of fly out the window :) ( especially when you know you still have to do the whole process again on a mirror site in case one site fails in future, and the versioning should match so there is no confusing which is the latest update in the eyes of your mod users )

Some of us care, but understandably not all will.

Edit : Oh yes, nearly forgot, with the new nexus there is also the CDN caching old versions problem

• 2 weeks later...

Will USLEEP be available on Bethesda.net so that Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players can download it?

We can't answer that until it's released and it can be analyzed for any changes under the hood. The plan is, yes.

As previously said (in this thread or elsewhere, I don't remember) consoles versions may require specific adjustments, such as all the audio material needing to be converted to specific console formats with dedicated codecs/libraries that may or may not be licensed/free to use. Several meshes from USLEEP also use several tricks/features that are working flawlessly on PC, but that might be unsupported on consoles hardware. Porting USLEEP for consoles will surely be considered but the final word will depend on what we (PC users) will really get with this remastered edition, and what consoles players will get on their side...  :shrug:

That is kind of strange that the Ash Creep Clusters are yellow [screenshot] but show as red in your inventory. Makes me wonder if they mistakenly used the wrong texture in the inventory art and if there ever was a yellow texture included for that with the Dragonborn DLC. The Creep Clusters you find growing in the volcanic tundra in Eastmarch are the red ones [screenshot].

I looked at the mod and there are no textures included with it, it does use DLC textures to make them yellow. This does seem like a mistake on beth's part

According to the CK, there is a new DLC ash creep cluster mesh for the 'plant' (which is yellow), but the related 'ingredient' points to the vanilla creep cluster root (which is red). Easy enough to fix if someone creates a ticket for it.

I have a question, I'm using skyrim GOTY and I cant figure out how to disable the original unofficial skyrim patch. I keep getting the message saying something like "Original skyrim patch is still installed. This will damage your game" please help me fix this.

The same way you enabled it in the first place. Are you using any type of mod manager? NMM, MO, Wrye Bash?

If not, go into Data Files in the launcher and uncheck it.

Today was loading clean install of skyrim after loading unofficial skyrim patch 19-2-1-3b I installed the unofficial legendary patch 3.04a and then I ran loot just to see. Loot says that the legendary patch is compatible with 19-2-1-3b. So I deactived 19-2-1-3b is this correct?

The Legendary patch is not compatible with any previous versions of the unofficial patch. Uninstall the old, install the new.

• 2 weeks later...

While forking around in xEdit pushing around records I noticed that Lydias' potentialmarriagefaction was originally set -1. Usleep set it to the expected zero. Did a quick and dirty test on an ongoing game and it didn't seem to so anything regardless of the value. It would not be odd to have corrected it just for the sake of doing so because 000A2C8E is probably the most viewed database in Skyrim, but I'm wondering if there was an actual need and what that need was.

I can't find it in USLEEP log. However this is probably just a base value, not retroactive, and affected ingame by various player actions that you cannot accomplish twice... :shrug:

Well, yeah.  Unless one loads an earlier save, or new game.  It's seems a bit odd as I assume beth would have had to go out of their way to do that originally, and I don't understand why.

but I don't understand a lot of things so...I'll just put this on the pile.

It appears to be an undocumented change to bring her faction setting in line with every other potential marriage NPC. If it's working fine right now then I would recommend leaving it that way.

It appears to be an undocumented change to bring her faction setting in line with every other potential marriage NPC. If it's working fine right now then I would recommend leaving it that way.

That is an entirely reasonable thing to do.  I may have been entertaining a thought of exploiting something rather unreasonable if the system kept adding a -1 to perhaps a relevant variable check.  But beyond what the field does & controls from a systems perspective my interest goes a bit more off topic than I care to continue with in this thread.  Thank you for the replies and for humoring my question :)