[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

How about the distant land gap in Winterhold? I've googled and can't find any reference to this bug, which I first noticed last weekend after playing Skyrim for years. Can't believe I didn't notice it sooner.

If you go to the college courtyard and walk out the gate and look through the first window on the right, looking nearly due west out at the sea of ghosts, there is a huge gaping rectangular hole in the distant land over the ocean. You can also see it from the round area at the top of the bridge just before you get to the gate.

At first I thought it was an issue with DynDoLOD or one of my other mods but I am getting the same issue in vanilla and even on my Xbox.

This already has a tracker entry. Will not be fixed. It's an error in the creation kit's code to calculate grid specific occlusion. You can get the square to show up by deleting the occlusion data of the grid you are in with xedit. Only that then you have no occlusion at all in any direction (when in that grid), which is a MASSIVE performance hog. Occlusion data could not be decoded, so we are left with what the game did provide, with no chance to create better occlusion data ourselves and so the bug will not be fixed. (side note: New land mods also suffer performance issues for the fact that no occlusion data can be generated for them.)

This already has a tracker entry. Will not be fixed. It's an error in the creation kit's code to calculate grid specific occlusion. You can get the square to show up by deleting the occlusion data of the grid you are in with xedit. Only that then you have no occlusion at all in any direction (when in that grid), which is a MASSIVE performance hog. Occlusion data could not be decoded, so we are left with what the game did provide, with no chance to create better occlusion data ourselves and so the bug will not be fixed. (side note: New land mods also suffer performance issues for the fact that no occlusion data can be generated for them.)

Darnit that's two in a row I've found that can't be fixed. :) Thanks for the explanation. Guess I'll just have to learn to avoid glancing that direction.

Very old known glitch. Was investigated in issue 55 ! The 'public' CK we have cannot generate or edit these occlusion data. BGS obviously had some unknown CK feature which was removed in the version they released to public, or unreleased 3rd party tools to generate them. I noticed that the new worldspaces introduced in DLCs have no occlusion data, and everything's nevertheless perfectly fine and 'performance friendly'. I assume this is because these new worldspaces are quite 'small' compared to Skyrim one, and so don't require this occlusion data as there's much less stress on hardware (even if I'm not convinced. Was it rather a feature which aim was mainly supposed to fit with weak consoles hardware ?).

But bringing back to light this old issue makes me thinking about a valid trick that may work... or not. We'll see...  ;)

EDIT: it's a terrain LOD related issue. The cells where water is unrendered exactly cover the tamriel.8.40.40.btr file. This file is perfectly fine, but the engine fails to render it : no terrain rendering = no water rendering above. Unfortunately there's nothing to fix in the terrain meshes. 

So long as that trick does not involve the blind removal of undecoded data from CELL records :P

I noticed the same bug in Skyblivion worldspace generated with OScape, so I doubt it is occlusion data related. Just some bug in the LOD rendering engine.

USLEEP 3.0.1 has entered beta testing. This is our first major update after the merge and the changelog is as big as ever. Second post has all the details.

Just a reminder that there will be no further updates to the previous individual patches, so these bug fixes will only be found in USLEEP.

Looks like some new voice actings are misnamed. All the 6 voicepowers_throwvoiceline_00000d62_1.fuz files should be renamed to voicepowers_throwvoiceline_00500d62_1.fuz.

Ugh, thanks. I hate dealing with voice files. Something like this always ends up happening :P

Will update the beta after I get up.

The fix to make the Dawnstar Sanctuary inhabitants sleep doesn't seem to work properly. Babette only seems to sleep for 1 hour and the initiates, Nazir and Cicero don't seem to sleep at all.

About my issue with Illia (see my initial post here), could you please check if there isn't a bug caused or revealed by USKP / USLEEP ? Because after testing without the Bijin mod, I still have the issue if I don't ask Illia to follow me.

What I could reproduce is :

- just before the meeting with Illia's mother, current stage of dunDarklightQST is 25

- after killing the mother, and seeing the "quest completed" message, current stage is 50, quest still running

- at this point, and after a few seconds, Illia always sits down on the ritual chair

- if you talk to her and select "you could come with me", and then exit the dialogue without selecting "follow me", stage is 60, quest is stopped

- wait a few moments, until Illia finally stands up and walks toward the tower

- if you talk to her again, she will have the initial dunDarklightQST dialogue. Quest is running again, stage 0.

So, in short, there seems to be an issue if you offer Illia to come with you but without actually recruiting her. If you actually recruit her by selecting the "follow me" line, no issue.

Recent USKP 2.1.3 fix which is maybe related : http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/19133-dundarklightqst-not-getting-shut-down-completely/

P.S. Tested with USLEEP 3.0

EDIT : console outputs for sqv dundarklightqst, during the steps described above :

sqv dundarklightqst
--- Papyrus ---------------------------------
QF__0116E8F8:
Script state = ""
::Alias_Illia_var = None
::Alias_Silvia_var = None
::dunDarklightIlliafollow_var = None
::dunDarklightIlliaIntro_var = None
::dunDarklightilliaRejectFollow_var = None
QF_dunDarklightQST_0003FA89:
Script state = ""
::AchievementsQuest_var = AchievementsQuest (000FC85D)
::Alias_BossHag_var = alias BossHag on quest dunDarklightQST (0003FA89)
::Alias_BossWitch_var = alias BossWitch on quest dunDarklightQST (0003FA89)
::Alias_DeadWitch_var = alias DeadWitch on quest dunDarklightQST (0003FA89)
::Alias_dunDarklightBossChair_var = alias dunDarklightBossChair on quest dunDarklightQST (0003FA89)
::Alias_dunDarklightDoorToConfrontation_var = alias dunDarklightDoorToConfrontation on quest dunDarklightQST (0003FA89)
::Alias_dunDarklightHagravenKey_var = alias dunDarklightHagravenKey on quest dunDarklightQST (0003FA89)
::Alias_Illia_var = alias Illia on quest dunDarklightQST (0003FA89)
::Alias_Silvia_var = alias Silvia on quest dunDarklightQST (0003FA89)
::dunDarklightConfrontationScene_var = (000304F9)
::dunDarklightilliaRejectFollow_var = (0004B232)
- 8 Aliases for quest 'dunDarklightQST' (0003FA89)-
REF 'Illia'-> '' (0004B22E)
REF 'Silvia'-> '' (0004B47C)
REF 'dunDarklightHagravenKey'-> '' (000304F1)
REF 'DeadWitch'-> '' (0004F4DC)
REF 'dunDarklightDoorToConfrontation'-> '' (0004196A)
REF 'BossHag'-> '' (00051EF7)
REF 'BossWitch'-> '' (00051EF9)
REF 'dunDarklightBossChair'-> '' (0004B094)
--- Quest state -----------------------------
Enabled? Yes
State: Running
Current stage: 50
Priority: 30

sqv dundarklightqst
QF__0116E8F8:
Script state = ""
Script state = ""
::Alias_dunDarklightBossChair_var = alias dunDarklightBossChair on quest dunDarklightQST (0003FA89)
::Alias_dunDarklightDoorToConfrontation_var = alias dunDarklightDoorToConfrontation on quest dunDarklightQST (0003FA89)
::Alias_dunDarklightHagravenKey_var = alias dunDarklightHagravenKey on quest dunDarklightQST (0003FA89)
REF 'Illia'-> NONE
REF 'Silvia'-> NONE
REF 'dunDarklightHagravenKey'-> NONE
REF 'DeadWitch'-> NONE
REF 'dunDarklightDoorToConfrontation'-> NONE
REF 'BossHag'-> NONE
REF 'BossWitch'-> NONE
REF 'dunDarklightBossChair'-> NONE
Enabled? No
State: Stopped
Current stage: 60

sqv dundarklightqst
QF__0116E8F8:
Script state = ""
Script state = ""
REF 'Illia'-> '' (0004B22E)
REF 'Silvia'-> '' (0004B47C)
REF 'dunDarklightHagravenKey'-> '' (000304F1)
REF 'DeadWitch'-> '' (0004F4DC)
REF 'dunDarklightDoorToConfrontation'-> '' (0004196A)
REF 'BossHag'-> '' (00051EF7)
REF 'BossWitch'-> '' (00051EF9)
REF 'dunDarklightBossChair'-> '' (0004B094)
Enabled? Yes
State: Running
Current stage: 0

a quick question: i can no longer access my now (since USLEEP 3.0.0) obsolete mod that fixed some compatibility issues between DLCs for weapon perks (http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/1212-dg-and-db-axe-perk-compatibility-fix/). Am i assuming correctly that it got deleted from the database? it wasn't uploaded as a fix for the patch but instead was available for all people. trying to do some maintainance and lookign through my old bug reports i decided to delete said mod, so if someone has already done that for me, thanks. if however something else happened to the mod, could someone please look into it, so i can propperly delete it?

Yes, it was deleted back in November, based on the assumption that it had been uploaded as a temporary bridge before USLEEP. Sorry, I suppose I should have asked first :P

yeah, i guess the 5 people that downloaded the mod, aside from you, might be pretty upset now that they can no longer redownload it :D.

but after a few technical issues with AFK mods last year, it's good to get confirmation, that the site didn't just start eating mods randomly :D

carry on...

I've downloaded the most up to date USLEEP beta and Cicero and both Initiates don't sleep at all and Babette rarely seems to sleep. Nazir sleeps like he's supposed to, but when he gets up after sleeping, he will stand by his bed doing nothing for quite some time before he goes back to his normal routine.

Just a quick question about a couple of errors i have found with usleep.

I currently run 200 mods and i only last week decided to change to usleep and start a fresh game with it and latest version of alternate start. updated EBQO and other mods and ran swap masters script to clean up two that i didnt find usleep updates for.

on starting a new game (camping near helgen), i went to cave and rescued ralof, who did not have the dialogue topic showing for "why were you being executed".

I thought that was strange, but then when i went to riverwood and talked to gertrude, the main quest did not progress past her, journal showed talk to gertrude as not being completed, and quest marker stayed over her head.

i didnt go any further, but reverted back to uskp v2.1.3b and the old versions of mods that required it.

i then tested, with all same mods a new game and the correct dialogue for ralof was there, and the main quest progressed past gertrude.

so my question is, is it usleep or alternate start that is causing the dialogue and quest journal issues? as i cant see any other mods that may cause it

the only load order that changed in updating to usleep, was disabling the old uskp mods, rest stayed the same.

As my game runs fine with uskp 2.1.3b at this time, i will continue until next version of usleep comes out and test it again

regards maddac

What you've just described is neither a vanilla scenario (cause that's now how Betheada wrote it) nor is it a fault in the alt-start mod (cause that's not how I wrote it) and so it has nothing to do with USLEEP, the USKP, or LAL at all, but instead must be a conflict brought about by one of the other 198 mods you're using.

Switching backward to the USKP has likely ruined your game in the process, so all I can do at this point is wish you luck in sorting out what actually happened because the situation is now beyond repair on that save.

Hallo Arthmoor,

I have found one bug that bothered my a few times during recent playtesting of my load order. Don't know if it has been mentioned earlier, this is my first post here and I have to browse the topics.

The Companions (at least Farkas) are able to stop You when You have a bounty on Your head. In my last tests when I started as a Forsworn with a bounty in Markarth (Alternate Life mod) and arrived in Whiterun to see the Companions fight the giant, Farkas reacted very strange after the giant was killed.
He drew his sword, run at me and initiated dialogue over and over again. I could not run away because he was chasing me everywhere.
I have investigated this and several people had the same experiance. Maybe this will also happen when a "evil" character wants to join the Companions later in game and meets Farkas, I can't say.

My proposal is to remove, or better, flesh out that guard behaviour in the Companions. They should be able to collect the bounty or take you to jail. They should turn a blind eye to fellow Companions if that's possible.

I asked Shurah, the mod author of Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul, if he could add it to the list of changes in his mod but he said that it is a vanilla bug and should be resolved with the USLEEP.

Hotfix for 3.0.2 is up now - sorry about the mess. February appears to be a truly cursed month for us :|

Add to that, Nexus barfed at the end of the upload. Please let us know if the download doesn't work and we'll try again - mirrors (except for TESA) have all been updated though, so you can get it there if the site won't deliver it here.

Hotfix for 3.0.2 is up now - sorry about the mess. February appears to be a truly cursed month for us :|

Add to that, Nexus barfed at the end of the upload. Please let us know if the download doesn't work and we'll try again - mirrors (except for TESA) have all been updated though, so you can get it there if the site won't deliver it here.

Indeed, wasn't it last year at this time that there was trouble too? I think I remember.